Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: George Soro's company published Scott McClellan's book

SeedyROM

Default George Soro's company published Scott McClellan's book

So the controversial book had the financial backing of Soro's which explains why the far-left was so interested. McClellan struck a deal, I bet he'll get a cushy job out of the agreement.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/mark-fi...ros-connection
    Was George Soros behind the publication of Scott McClellan's book? Meredith Vieira had the perfect opportunity this morning to find out—but chose to punt. The Today co-anchor certainly had the time: her much-touted exclusive interview with the author of What Happened ranged over the show's first two half-hours. But even when McClellan himself put the issue on the table—citing his publisher by name and alluding to its philosophy—Vieira failed to pursue a line of questioning that could have put matters in an explosive new light.

As MRC's Brent Baker has detailed, McClellan's publisher, PublicAffairs: is part of the Perseus Books Group, which also owns Nation Books, “a project of The Nation Institute” which publishes the magazine of the same name, and Vanguard Press, whose home page now features The Prosecution of George W. Bush for Murder, a new book by Vincent Bugliosi that “presents a tight, meticulously researched legal case that puts George W. Bush on trial in an American courtroom for the murder of nearly 4,000 American soldiers fighting the war in Iraq.”

Baker also notes that PublicAffairs is the publisher of no fewer than six books by Soros himself, and that McClellan's editor, Peter Osnos, who acknowledges having "worked very closely" with the author, is a liberal pundit in his own right.

Finally, Little Green Footballs has documented that there are several Perseus companies that actually include "Soros" as part of their name, as in Perseus-Soros Management, LLC.

Put it all together, and there's every reason to wonder whether Soros isn't behind McClellan's manifesto. But given the golden opportunity to pursue the matter, Meredith chose to move on. Here's the relevant exchange, which came during the second half-hour of this morning's Today.

So McClellan served up the issue to Vieira on a silver platter. He mentions PublicAffairs, and even says people aren't familiar with it or the way it operates. Fine! Why not tell us, Scott? But Meredith never asked him to do so. A failure of NBC staff to have provided Vieira with the Soros-related facts, or Meredith's reluctance to undermine the impact of McClellan's allegations? We don't know, but hopefully someone will get to the bottom of the Soros connection soon. Don't count on Keith Olbermann getting into it, though, when McClellan appears this evening on Countdown.
    Peresus books family tree and ties to Soro's below the link

http://www.perseusbooksgroup.com/perseus/about_us.jsp

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2022784/posts
    The hat tip for this post goes to LGF reader John Williams in Texas.

The company that published Scott McClellan’s new Bush-bashing book is Public Affairs Books, and their Editor at Large is a guy named Peter Osnos: About The Century Foundation. The owner of Public Affairs Books is a company called Perseus Book Group. Here’s their ownership tree: Perseus Books Home.

The firm is owned by Perseus Funds Group, (holding company Perseus LLC) a capital management firm that grew from about $20 million in 1995 to over $2 billion now. Big infusions of cash seemed to help it grow exponentially and it closed funds almost as fast as it opened them. The board has tons of liberals from the Clinton and Carter Administrations with credentials that almost put Osnos’ to shame as far as far left causes go. Their website is here: PERSEUS - merchant bank and private equity fund management.

If you go to the New York Department of State web site and enter “Perseus” in the “Business Organization” search, you get this on page 2 of the results:

According to SM, Soros has no influence, because he doesn't own a TV network.

But nobody reads books anymore ....
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

Hog Trash

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder

George Soros doesn't have to own a network...Anyone who has as much money as him gets all the media time they want, especialy when the majority of the media is run by friendly like-minded left wing agenda driven radicals, like himself.

Now you're lying again.

I've never stated that he doesn't have any influence. I've stated that he doesn't have the same level of influence that Murdoch, Mays or Moon has and so far you and Seedy haven't even come close to showing that he does.

Now all you have left is to make shit up? Come on Smurfy. Fox News brags about how many people they influence every day. Does Soros have anything that comes close to that?

Either he does or he does not.

I've always stated that he has some influence and he's not a good guy but my point is always the same. His influence doesn't compare with Murdoch and Mays the boys that influence the bulk of the media involved with Neocon supporters.
    '
    '
    $20,000,000 voter fraud that you will never hear about on Fox News.

Some numbers based on facts or liberal propaganda as some call it

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

Quote Originally Posted by Hog Trash
    George Soros doesn't have to own a network...Anyone who has as much money as him gets all the media time they want, especialy when the majority of the media is run by friendly like-minded left wing agenda driven radicals, like himself.
    So which networks are liberal and which ones aren't Hog. I started a thread to define just that.
    '
    '

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

Quote Originally Posted by SirMoby
    Now you're lying again.

I've never stated that he doesn't have any influence. I've stated that he doesn't have the same level of influence that Murdoch, Mays or Moon has and so far you and Seedy haven't even come close to showing that he does.

Now all you have left is to make shit up? Come on Smurfy. Fox News brags about how many people they influence every day. Does Soros have anything that comes close to that?

I've always stated that he has some influence and he's not a good guy but my point is always the same. His influence doesn't compare with Murdoch and Mays the boys that influence the bulk of the media involved with Neocon supporters.

Yeah, I know.

Ya' got that M&M&M PNAC thing goin' on.

I was being broad and generic, in my sarcasm.
    Last edited by Smurf-Herder; 01-27-2009 at 07:14 PM.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

Banned

Yea we might notice how much larger soros purse has gotten by the end of obs term.

Yeah, I know.

Ya' got that M&M&M PNAC thing goin' on.

I was being broad and generic, in my sarcasm.
    You use the term Ya' like it's not factual or like you've actually made a single attempt to show that the facts aren't 100% accurate on the issue.
    '
    '

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

SeedyROM

SM is way out there with that line. Billionaires have a lot of
    influence. Soros's reaches many networks not just one network.

The book was a Bush bashing book because that is what Soro's
    is all about.

SeedyROM

Quote Originally Posted by SirMoby
    Now you're lying again.

5 networks versus one, you do the math. Rememeber all those organisations Smurfy posted, all writing the Soro's agenda on demand. Soro's has more influence. How many sources write for Murdoch?