Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poll says Americams believe less than 10,000 Iraqis have died in this war

Default Poll says Americams believe less than 10,000 Iraqis have died in this war

No shit - 9,890 deaths is the MEDIAN answer offered in a recent AP poll.

And that most of them were killed by other Iraqis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17310383/

“You have to look at who’s doing the killing,” said Neal Crawford, a restaurant manager in Suttons Bay, Mich., who guessed that about 10,000 Iraqis had been killed. “If these people are dying because a roadside bomb goes off or if there’s an insurgent attack in a marketplace, it’s an unfortunate circumstance of war — people die.”

The UN official estimate is that 34,000 Iraqis have died from violence in 2006 alone, apparently.

Who gives a fcuk (sic), right?

exarmyranger

Cool Why am I not surprized...I guess ignorance really is bliss.

[QUOTE=Bill]No shit - 9,890 deaths is the MEDIAN answer offered in a recent AP poll.

And that most of them were killed by other Iraqis.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17310383/

“You have to look at who’s doing the killing,” said Neal Crawford, a restaurant manager in Suttons Bay, Mich., who guessed that about 10,000 Iraqis had been killed. “If these people are dying because a roadside bomb goes off or if there’s an insurgent attack in a marketplace, it’s an unfortunate circumstance of war — people die.”

The UN official estimate is that 34,000 Iraqis have died from violence in 2006 alone, apparently. Maybe they should have asked those who were polled if they read the local newspaper(s)before they were polled.On the otherhand I guess it's possible the results would'nt differ anyhow.An astute bit of reasoning from Mr.Crawford..."not only is it an unfortunate cicumstance of war it is an inevitable fact,and as I recall a soldiers main function is to kill the enemy,collateral damage(dead non-combatants)does occuor as a result of this function.Shit Happens!Let's Kill'em All,and let God,Allah,or Jehova sort them out!ex

So, is it just unfortunate collateral damage, which we aren't responsible for, and besides it'll never come back to harm us in any way? That kind of thing?

Them ragheads are weaklings and we can kill as many as we like, because there ain't dick they can do about it?

exarmyranger

Default Unforunate?Sure is,if you mean for the N.C.K.'s...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    So, is it just unfortunate collateral damage, which we aren't responsible for, and besides it'll never come back to harm us in any way? That kind of thing? Hard to answer your question(s),with a Yes,or No.Who is more responcible,for those civilian deaths?The invading force,(after disclosure of intent)or the leader(s)of the oposition who did not evacuate them(for whatever reason(s).Come back to harm us?Not the dead one's. I hope!.To address your following question/comment,"Them ragheads are weaklings and we can kill as many as we like, because there ain't dick they can do about it?
    Well Bill,if only that were the case....The Victory Partywould have been over for 3 1/2,4yrs. now.T/C ex

People are dying during war !?!?!?!?! No way!! I am not a fan of the Iraq War, it was poorly planned and not a good use of resources, however some of the crap people come up with to knock the war is ridiculous.

Where does this ridiculous idea come among Americans that war is some sort of glorious game of capture the flag wherever one is a noble patriot playing within the rules and good intentions

Infotainment media at it's best. Yes, I'm blaming the media as we're more obsessed with Brittany Spears shaving her head or where Anna Nicole Smith is going to be buried than important issues.

Now this isn't just the warmongers that are misinformed, war protesters are just as clueless, and you start to realize the masses are asses that like to be spoon fed celebrity gossip instead of forming an educated opinion about the world.

This week if you watched Fox News, CNN, MSNBC....what was the major story? Every minute of the Anna Nicole Smith story, before that, the duke rape case, before that Natalie Holloway, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Is there any wonder Americans know jack shit about what's going on in the world?

Well, the thing that concerns me, and has concerned me from the beginning of this war, is what the intelligence agencies call Blowback.

We are killing, and aiding and abetting the killing, of at minimum tens and almost certainly hundreds of thousands of people, many if not most non-combatants.

And we are doing this in the towns of the most extreme revenge culture on this planet.

If some conquerer came to my town and killed a bunch of people, I would hate them forever and never stop seeking a way to make them pay, and I would teach my children and everyone else I knew the same revenge dream.

And I'm a goddam milquetoast compared to an arab tribesman.

So it just doesn't even occur to you guys that these folks are going to hate us forever, and are going to want revenge forever, and they have the oil we don't have and desperately need?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill
    Well, the thing that concerns me, and has concerned me from the beginning of this war, is what the intelligence agencies call Blowback.

We are killing, and aiding and abetting the killing, of at minimum tens and almost certainly hundreds of thousands of people, many if not most non-combatants.

And we are doing this in the towns of the most extreme revenge culture on this planet.

If some conquerer came to my town and killed a bunch of people, I would hate them forever and never stop seeking a way to make them pay, and I would teach my children and everyone else I knew the same revenge dream.

And I'm a goddam milquetoast compared to an arab tribesman.

So it just doesn't even occur to you guys that these folks are going to hate us forever, and are going to want revenge forever, and they have the oil we don't have and desperately need?

Which why the whole Bush plan is not a good one. However military troops are not a good police force, they are a great war force though. Don't send them to war with a forced police mentality, it will spell disaster.

exarmyranger

Yes Bill,intell.agencies/networks...have guys whos only function is to come up with nicknames & cute little catch phrazes...Blowback=We did'nt kill enough, or we killed too many,we can expect retaliations..."No,ya do'nt say"! Yes I do say...It's a good bet.The Arabic tribesmen are fierce open field,desert warriors,that is indisputible.However camels and (some of the finest)horses in the world do'nt stand up to heavy gun,mortar,tank,assault copter,attacks.Thier lack of ordinance(both quanity&quality)limits thier options to reap revenge...Terrorism,hit & run gorrilla warfare,are the alternative's...Ever watch the flick,Lawrence of Arabia? Similarity's? ex

9/11 was blowback, revenge for what we did in afghanistan and saudi arabia. So it's not like blowback is _just_ intell geekspeak.

Maybe I'm wrong, and those arabs will just lick our hands like little puppies.

But in europe arabs and other muslims are so rapidly outbreeding the europeans that they will be the majority in 50 years, or less.

I gather they are doing something similar in canada - and are one of the fastest growing demographics here in the us, second only to latins if my memory is correct.

War is demographics, and demographics is war, and when it comes to demographics arabs are kicking our asses. They don't give a shit how poor and angry their kids are - in fact they like them poor and angry.

And they still own most of the worlds oil. Our pets the Sauds could lose power to a popular revenge movement at any time - and soon Iran will control the oil of southern Iraq.

At least the Kurds like us, and they have some oil. But did you know the Kurds are one of the most hated of all ethnic groups in the middle east? Without us to protect them the Kurds could be enslaved again by either the Arabs to the west, the Persians to the east, or the Turks to the north.