Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking: Rumors of Al-Zawahiri's Death! !!

Default Breaking: Rumors of Al-Zawahiri's Death! !!

Breaking: Rumors of Al-Zawahiri's Death!
    Stratfor and World Net Daily are reporting:

An online report says U.S. government sources are trying to confirm that an airstrike in northwestern Pakistan has killed al-Qaida's deputy leader, Ayman Zawahiri.

According to the subscription report at Stratfor, the airstrike was on July 28, and sources were reporting that an announcement from the U.S. government is expected soon.

The report said the attack was carried out by a U.S. Predator attack plane.

According to the blog Jawa Report, officials had said earlier "the hunt was on" in Pakistan for a "big fish."
    http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/

asroc

(CBS) Ayman al Zawahiri - the second most powerful leader in al Qaeda and Osama Bin Laden's No. 2 - may be critically wounded and possibly dead, CBS News chief foreign affairs correspondent Lara Logan reports exclusively.

CBS News has obtained a copy of an intercepted letter from sources in Pakistan, which urgently requests a doctor to treat Zawahiri. He's believed to be somewhere in Pakistan's remote tribal areas of Pakistan.

The letter refers to Sheikh Dr. Ayman ul Zawahiri by name - and says that he is in "severe pain" and his "injuries are infected."

It is reportedly written by local Taliban leader, Baitullah Mehsud, whose signature and seal are visible on the letter.

The Taliban logo and the Mehsud's seal have been confirmed by experts as legitimate.

However, CBS News has not been able to confirm the authenticity of Baitullah Mehsud's signature and seal.

The letter is dated July 29 - one day after a U.S. air strike that killed al Qaeda weapons expert Abu Khabab al-Masri, and five other Arabs in South Waziristan.

U.S. authorities have said they do not have information that Zawahiri was present during Monday's strike, or that he was injured.

However, a counter-intelligence expert and other U.S. officials confirmed to CBS News that the U.S. is looking into reports that Zawahiri is dead.

Logan reports that while there have been false death rumors regarding al Zawahiri before, there have been no denials yet from Pakistan, the U.S. or al Qaeda Web sites.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4316193.shtml

*fingers crossed*

Quote Originally Posted by Frankg
    Breaking: Rumors of Al-Zawahiri's Death!
    Stratfor and World Net Daily are reporting:

An online report says U.S. government sources are trying to confirm that an airstrike in northwestern Pakistan has killed al-Qaida's deputy leader, Ayman Zawahiri.

According to the subscription report at Stratfor, the airstrike was on July 28, and sources were reporting that an announcement from the U.S. government is expected soon.

The report said the attack was carried out by a U.S. Predator attack plane.

According to the blog Jawa Report, officials had said earlier "the hunt was on" in Pakistan for a "big fish."
    http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/
    deleted because frank made good
    Last edited by Kanadesaga; 08-01-2008 at 10:09 PM.

welcher ?!!!

What do you mean welcher?

Kanadesaga , all I'm asking is for you to connect the dots and we can end this

welcher ?!!!

What do you mean welcher?

Kanadesaga , all I'm asking is for you to connect the dots and we can end this

you see playing this game only makes you look bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kanadesaga
    you see playing this game only makes you look bad.
    I'm sorry , I'm a bad boy!!

I'm sorry , I'm a bad boy!!

frank if I knew you to be a joker, I'd have played along but.........

Still waiting to hear confirmation. He was reported killed a couple times before.

The thing is with these guys, even if we get Bin Laden, there will always be some new extremist leader to take their place.

We have to be on them wherever they pop up; and encourage and support Islamic reform among Islamic moderates.

This will be a long process, whatever anybody thinks about getting the present leaders. It's been festering in Muslim culture for decades; and it only takes less than two dozen well-funded guys to kill thousands.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder
    Still waiting to hear confirmation. He was reported killed a couple times before.

The thing is with these guys, even if we get Bin Laden, there will always be some new extremist leader to take their place.

We have to be on them wherever they pop up; and encourage and support Islamic reform among Islamic moderates.

This will be a long process, whatever anybody thinks about getting the present leaders. It's been festering in Muslim culture for decades; and it only takes less than two dozen well-funded guys to kill thousands.
    Right! Taking out OBL (or anyone else) will not eliminate the problem we face. It is more than a
    man, its an ideology and thats harder to do anything about.
    "Please dont lie, cheat or steal...the government doesnt
    like competition".

PROMOTE SELF DEPORTATION! NO JOBS, NO SERVICES,
    NO PROBLEMS.

What are reparations? Making me pay
    for something I had nothing to do with compensates no one
    who suffered an injustice therefore I would be penalized for
    something I didnt do and someone else would receive a settlement
    for an injury they did not suffer.
    Author: Me!

Join "Team Sarah"

Join The American Tea Party

Here's an update on who was confirmed killed in the drone strike:

Al Qaeda confirms death of top bomb maker Masri

"DUBAI, Aug 3 (Reuters) - Al Qaeda confirmed on Sunday that Abu Khabab al-Masri, a chemical and biological weapons expert, was killed with three other militants in a suspected U.S. air strike in Pakistan's border region last week.

Masri, who carried a $5 million U.S. bounty on his head, had been earlier identified as the likely target of the attack on a house in a Pakistani tribal area bordering Afghanistan, according to Pakistani officials.

An al Qaeda statement posted on Islamist websites said Masri, referred to as the "expert", had left behind him a generation of students who would avenge his killing.

The statement, signed by al Qaeda's leader in Afghanistan, Mustafa Abu al-Yazid, named three other militants killed alongside Masri on July 28. It said some of their children also died.

On Saturday, a Pakistani Taliban spokesman denied a U.S. media report that al Qaeda number two, Ayman al-Zawahri, had been killed in what was believed to be the same U.S. missile strike that killed Masri.

Masri, a 55-year-old Egyptian chemist, was regarded as one of the group's top bomb makers."

http://africa.reuters.com/wire/news/usnL395453.html

Other stories say he was the bomb-maker and trainer for the attack on the USS Cole in 2000.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"