One Year After Endorsing Genocide-- Old Gray Lady Eats Iraqi Crow
Don Surber reminded us yesterday that it was the one year anniversary of The New York Times startling editorial endorsing surrender in Iraq even if it led to genocide.
Nice group of writers, huh?
Of course, Barack Hussein Obama felt the same way last year and said so. He was for genocide in Iraq before he was against it.
But, fortunately they did not get their way.
The Bush surge worked so well that the president is now considering withdrawing additional troops from Iraq.
In this March 1, 2008 file photo, Gen. David H. Petraeus, commanding general of Multi-National Force - Iraq, talks with a group of Iraqi boys at the Al Zawra Stadium in the Karkh District of west Baghdad. Photo by Sgt. James Hunter, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 101st Airborne Division (AA) Public Affairs. (MNF-Iraq)
As many as three more brigades may be pulled from Iraq this year starting in September.
The New York Times * reported:
The Bush administration is considering the withdrawal of additional combat forces from Iraq beginning in September, according to administration and military officials, raising the prospect of a far more ambitious plan than expected only months ago...There were those -Murtha, Reid, Pelosi, Obama- who wanted to surrender Iraq to Iran and Al-Qaeda.
Although no decision has been made, by the time President Bush leaves office on Jan. 20, at least one and as many as 3 of the 15 combat brigades now in Iraq could be withdrawn or at least scheduled for withdrawal, the officials said.
Thankfully they were wrong
Enjoy your crow.
Hat Tip Larwyn
* Just a side note that the NYT makes it sound as if the additional troop withdrawals from Iraq are because we are losing in Afghanistan.
This is just propaganda from the Times, a lie. The US is pulling troops from Iraq because they are no longer needed there, period.