Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limiting Free Speech and the Internet: When the Oligarchy Loses Control

stefan segal

Default Limiting Free Speech and the Internet: When the Oligarchy Loses Control

Open the link. There has not been much discussion/exposure to the attempts of internet control...(but it looks like the repugs lost that battle. They may be out of power, but Congress bears scruitiny because there's a lot of money being slung around to sell a monopoly of the net, and screen our access even more than it is today.

Stefan

http://www.progressivedailybeacon.co...pinion&id=1375

The Republican Party's "culture war" had, so it seemed, succeeded beyond their wildest dreams. They'd managed to capture nearly every lever of national, state, and regional governance. From the White House to the State House, Republicans and their pathetic "culture war" had taken over the American peoples' consciousness. And then it happened. The internet.

Within six-to-10 year's time, and at a cost that might only be counted in tens of thousands of dollars Progressive philosophy, via the internet, began to overwhelm and undo everything Republicans and their moneyed corporate masters had built. The Republican Party, their Oligarchic masters, and especially their "culture war" have all been exposed as being fraudulent. And now, their entire movement is dying. They have come to realize that their "philosophy" cannot hold up under scrutiny. It works only when they can package and sell it like a McDonald's quarter-pounder.

True enough they usually try to link their desire of limiting free speech and internet access to "national security" issues, but the fact is that the internet and free speech are not threats to national security. They are a threat to the Oligarchic-wing of the Republican Party and its ability to maintain power and control. Combined, free speech and the internet have propelled Progressive ideas and policies to the forefront of the peoples' consciousness. As a result, people have begun to embrace those ideas and policies while rejecting the notion of a "culture war."

mksmith2

There are new commercials that I have never seen before on channels like TLC the are actually saying that "Net Neutrality is BAD". I was wondering if anyone knew who was sponsoring these commercials. I looked on youtube, but it seems that I am currently unable to search the site.

http://freepress.net/news/19647
    explains those ads being run by the National Cable & Telecommunications Association and has links to the ads as well as showing how some providors are using them vs standard block ads

Abnormalia

What Oligarchy? And what is a repug?

stefan segal

Look in the mirror...see something stupid???
    That's a repugnant repug.

Stefan

Abnormalia

what mirror? You provided a mirror to your link? Where? And you still haven't explained what a 'repug' is.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means.

stefan segal

subnormal...get back on topic!

"True enough they usually try to link their desire of limiting free speech and internet access to "national security" issues,"

Talk about how the repugs are fighting to make the internet, one a monopoly for price gouging, and two, to control content.(three, is obvously to get the lobby money)

This is not a small thing, as once lost, it will take barracades in the streets to make the internet free again.

Doesn't this penetrate your mania, and appear to be something to understand then write your congressman about?

Stefan

Abnormalia

I can't participate in an argument when the poster won't even explain his strange vocabulary, and resorts to childish antics when he is asked to simply define a word. Do you even know what a 'repug' is?

I do I do

From the Urban Dictionary: What the insane lefties use as an insult, ripoff of Republican. "Ur a repug, so ur teh evil!!!"

Abnormalia

^^^
    Hahaha