Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 77

Thread: Shocking: Massive Layoffs & Closings Annouced By Businesses 48hrs After Obama Elected

  1. #1

    Default Shocking: Massive Layoffs & Closings Annouced By Businesses 48hrs After Obama Elected

    Just for starters I have just come across these layoffs and shutdowns by these companies that are being reported right now. Here we go:


    1. Advanced Micro Devices Inc. ( AMD ) has eliminated approximately 400 jobs from its Austin workforce
    http://community.nasdaq.com/News/201...6#.UJyl1YalfRg

    2. American Coal in Galatia laid off 54 miners on Wednesday, saying President Barack Obama's re-election is bad news for the coal industry.
    http://www.wsiltv.com/news/local/Min...177987291.html

    3. An announcement by Caterpillar Inc. on Thursday will cost 100 employees their jobs.
    http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S2...html?cat=10151

    4. Exide Technologies announced Thursday that it will be idling its lead-recycling operations in Laureldale and laying off 150 workers, effective no later than March 31. . The plant has been operating since the 1930s, Exide said. The company will continue to operate its plastics-recycling business with about 25 employees.
    http://readingeagle.com/article.aspx?id=426179

    5. TE Connectivity, which makes electrical connectors for appliances and other devices, will close its factory in north High Point and eliminate 620 jobs, according to a company official.
    http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...reensboro.html

    6. A global wind company with offices in the Pacific Northwest. Vestas says it will cut an additional 3,000 jobs by the end of 2013. The American Wind Energy Association, an industry trade group, predicts 37,000 jobs will be lost.
    http://earthfix.opb.org/energy/artic...-wind-company/

    7. Westboro-based Ameridose LLC notified workers in a letter that it would begin a “mass layoff” starting tomorrow, a process that will affect roughly 650 workers at the company and another 140 at the marketing company, Medical Sales Management, with which it works directly.
    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/reg...ome&position=5

    8. U.S. Cellular drops Chicago, cuts 640 local jobs
    http://www.chicagobusiness.com/artic...#ixzz2BhzFyAUm

    9. FirstEnergy expects to cut up to 400 jobs by 2016 as it struggles to stay profitable in a lackluster economy
    http://www.cleveland.com/business/in...rter_earn.html

    10. Career Education announced Thursday that it is cutting 900 jobs and closing 23 campuses. The job cuts are expected to take place by January 2013.
    http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...ess/711089725/

    11. More than 220 workers in Manchester and East Hartford face layoffs in the coming weeks, according to notices filed with the state. TurboCare Inc., which makes parts for gas and steam turbines
    http://www.rep-am.com/Business/681890.txt

    12. The leader of an automotive parts plant in Lincoln County has told state officials that there are plans to lay off 75 workers starting in late December.
    http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/07/2...rd-laying.html

    13. ATI Schools & Colleges plans to lay off 172 employees by Dec. 31.
    http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11...2-workers.html

    14. A Utah coal company owned by a vocal critic of President Barack Obama has laid off 102 miners. The layoffs at the West Ridge Mine are effective immediately, according to UtahAmerican Energy Inc., a subsidiary of Murray Energy Corp.
    http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8...pany-says.html

    15. November 9, 2012 Indiana's oldest ethanol plant has shut down indefinitely. New Energy Corp. President Russ Abarr said the plant shut down last week, resulting in the layoff of 40 employees
    http://www.farmers-exchange.net/deta...rticleID=11871

    16. PLATTSBURGH — CVPH Medical Center has handed pink slips to 17 employees. The layoffs — nine in management and eight hourly staffers — are part of an effort to “help bolster the hospital’s financial position in 2013
    http://pressrepublican.com/0100_news...elt-tightening

    17. The Providence Journal Co. laid off 23 full-time workers Wednesday as part of a cost-cutting effort, including 16 members of the Providence Newspaper Guild and 7 non-union employees
    http://news.providencejournal.com/bu...employees.html

    18. SpaceX claims its first victims as Rocketdyne lays off 100
    http://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/20...tdyne-lays-10/

    19. New Ulm-based Associated Milk Producers Incorporated says it will close a plant in southwest Minnesota and lay off 130 employees. An AMPI official said its plant in Dawson will close sometime after Jan. 1, 2013
    http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...nnesota-plant/

    20. Steubenville, OH — NEWS9 got confirmation that Murray Energy Corporation and its subsidiaries will be laying off more than 150 employees. The company is citing President Barack Obama's administration as the main reason why the layoffs were made.
    http://www.wtov9.com/news/news/murra...diaries/nS2qF/

    Those are just a few but this is a sign that there will be hundreds upon hundreds of businesses like these that will be laying off or shutting down due to Obama being reelected or not being able to compete in his economy, especially due to the upcoming Obamacare. This is not a inspirational sign that signals confidence in a reelected president in the land of American prosperity and exceptionalism. I will post more as my source reveals more closings and layoffs
    Last edited by Fred Garvin-MP; 11-09-2012 at 03:45 AM.

  2. #2

    Default

    Those companies are anti Ameriçan! No more tax incentives for these Anti Americans!!!

    Face it neither WOMEN nor Republicans nor Democrats nor the Middle class will ever be able to afford those posing as the Republican Party!

    Now let's point fingers in the proper direction:

    --- The repub party declared the day Obama was elected their primary function would be
    to make Obama a one term president. Consequently their millions of NO votes became
    the disastrous campaign against women,The USA and jobs for Americans.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ash-us-economy

    More:

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bailing out The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
    http://rationalrevolution0.tripod.co..._and_the_s.htm[

    --- This ENTITLEMENT Bailing out the Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...09macewan.html

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bush/Cheney implied many financial institutions were at risk instead of only 3? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
    http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/1...r_bad_one_year

    --- Publicopoly Exposed - ALEC
    http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/...opoly_exposed/
    http://www.justice.org/cps/rde//just....xsl/15044.htm



    Anti American Corporations who pocket plenty of corporate welfare should lose those tax dollars
    immediately!

    Anti American Corporations provide plenty of logic for keeping Social Security Insurance and
    Medicare Insurance on the table. Simply put wealthy anti American Corporations cannot be trusted
    by taxpayers!

    --- Killing Social Security and Medicare Insurance
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...0/0111orr.html
    http://www.thenation.com/article/159...stroy-medicare

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merrill View Post
    Those companies are anti Ameriçan! No more tax incentives for these Anti Americans!!!

    Face it neither WOMEN nor Republicans nor Democrats nor the Middle class will ever be able to afford those posing as the Republican Party!

    Now let's point fingers in the proper direction:

    --- The repub party declared the day Obama was elected their primary function would be
    to make Obama a one term president. Consequently their millions of NO votes became
    the disastrous campaign against women,The USA and jobs for Americans.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ash-us-economy

    More:

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bailing out The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
    http://rationalrevolution0.tripod.co..._and_the_s.htm[

    --- This ENTITLEMENT Bailing out the Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...09macewan.html

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bush/Cheney implied many financial institutions were at risk instead of only 3? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
    http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/1...r_bad_one_year

    --- Publicopoly Exposed - ALEC
    http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/...opoly_exposed/
    http://www.justice.org/cps/rde//just....xsl/15044.htm



    Anti American Corporations who pocket plenty of corporate welfare should lose those tax dollars
    immediately!

    Anti American Corporations provide plenty of logic for keeping Social Security Insurance and
    Medicare Insurance on the table. Simply put wealthy anti American Corporations cannot be trusted
    by taxpayers!

    --- Killing Social Security and Medicare Insurance
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...0/0111orr.html
    http://www.thenation.com/article/159...stroy-medicare
    Sorry but Obama owns this economy now and the results of these businesses laying off people or shutting down are due to him. It's now called OBAMAsizing!!

  4. #4

    Default

    Layoffs happen every day. There are almost no layoffs that have anything to do with regulations. And for good measure, let me repeat that you are a disgusting racist nazi piece of shit. Thanks for sharing Fred. Your guy lost. Hail to your African American Chief!! Four more years!!

  5. #5

    Default

    In the second quarter of 2011, there were 1,959 layoff events. That's an average of 30 per business day. Of those 1,959 layoff events, FOUR OF THEM WERE DUE TO GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS. Why do you fucking morons continue to repeat that stupid meme?? The vast majority (around 1,400) are demand driven, completion of contract, lack of demand, or seasonal. Get your heads out of your asses and quit reading Drudge Report.

    http://www.bls.gov/news.release/mslo.t02.htm

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin-MP View Post
    Sorry but Obama owns this economy now and the results of these businesses laying off people or shutting down are due to him. It's now called OBAMAsizing!!
    Okay, so if Obama owns the economy let him use his Executive Orders to by pass the obstructionist-filibustering GOP House and pass legislation to put America back to work! Would that be alright with all you mouth breathing America Hating Republicant's!

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merrill View Post
    Those companies are anti Ameriçan! No more tax incentives for these Anti Americans!!!

    Face it neither WOMEN nor Republicans nor Democrats nor the Middle class will ever be able to afford those posing as the Republican Party!

    Now let's point fingers in the proper direction:

    --- The repub party declared the day Obama was elected their primary function would be
    to make Obama a one term president. Consequently their millions of NO votes became
    the disastrous campaign against women,The USA and jobs for Americans.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...ash-us-economy

    More:

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bailing out The Reagan/Bush Savings and Loan Heist aka home loan scandal sent the economy out the window costing taxpayers many many $$ trillions (Cost taxpayers $1.4 trillion), Plus millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance.
    http://rationalrevolution0.tripod.co..._and_the_s.htm[

    --- This ENTITLEMENT Bailing out the Bush/Cheney Home Loan Wall Street Bank Fraud cost consumers $ trillions, millions of jobs, loss of retirement plans and loss of medical insurance. Exactly like the Reagan/Bush home loan scam. Déjà vu can we say. Yep seems to be a pattern.
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...09macewan.html

    --- This ENTITLEMENT - Bush/Cheney implied many financial institutions were at risk instead of only 3? One of the biggest lies perpetrated to American citizens. Where did this money go? Why were some banks forced to take bail out money?
    http://www.democracynow.org/2009/9/1...r_bad_one_year

    --- Publicopoly Exposed - ALEC
    http://www.inthesetimes.com/article/...opoly_exposed/
    http://www.justice.org/cps/rde//just....xsl/15044.htm



    Anti American Corporations who pocket plenty of corporate welfare should lose those tax dollars
    immediately!

    Anti American Corporations provide plenty of logic for keeping Social Security Insurance and
    Medicare Insurance on the table. Simply put wealthy anti American Corporations cannot be trusted
    by taxpayers!

    --- Killing Social Security and Medicare Insurance
    http://www.dollarsandsense.org/archi...0/0111orr.html
    http://www.thenation.com/article/159...stroy-medicare
    Gah. No they aren't...it's all bait-and-switch. From the first article:

    Advanced Micro has been suffering from the slowdown in the global PC market. We believe that the weak computer market, strong competition from Intel Corp. ( INTC ) and the company's failure to penetrate the emerging mobile device market have forced it to refine its cost structure.

    The company reported a very poor third quarter, with a significant net loss that was the combined effect of weak demand, an inventory write-down and productivity issues. The company's third-quarter sales of $1.27 billion was down 10.2% sequentially and also below the consensus estimate of $1.28 billion.

    Worldwide PC sales have been stagnant, while smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices experienced strong growth. In order to stay ahead of its rivals like Intel and NVIDIA Corp. ( NVDA ), we believe Advanced Micro needs to enter these emerging markets.
    http://community.nasdaq.com/News/201...6#.UJ0h8oazEQt
    "When truth becomes unpatriotic, patriotism becomes worthless."
    -BlackAsCoal

  8. #8

    Default

    Perhaps the employees are victims of a Bain/Romney Leveraged Buyout New World Order....

    --- "Mitt Romney Made Millions from the Rescue of Detroit" as 25,000 GM jobs went to China

    --- " Investigative reports reveal how Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made some $15 million on the auto bailout and that three of Romney’s top donors made more than $4 billion for their hedge funds from the bailout.

    --- As part of a massive government bailout, U.S. taxpayers paid $12 billion to save auto parts maker Delphi Corporation. Out of that taxpayer money, three billionaires and their partners took in a profit of over $4 billion. One big winner, with a profit of over 4,000 percent, were the billionaires’ silent partners, Ann and Mitt Romney. The Romneys made at least $15 million, and as much as $115 million.

    --- Our investigation began in Africa in the Congo. This is Greg Palast reporting. We are hunting for a vulture, a so-called vulture fund financier, this man, Paul Singer. Singer’s vulture fund seized $90 million out of foreign aid given the Congo, which could have been used to end a cholera epidemic. Singer’s vulture tactics are now outlawed in England and all over the world, but not in the U.S.A., certainly not here in Detroit, where we found Singer’s vulture fund feasting on the corpse of another victim, the once-world-leading Delco auto parts division of General Motors.

    --- DELCO AD: Power that can’t get old before it’s sold. Delco dry charge battery, made by the Delco-Remy Division of General Motors.

    --- So far, Romney and partners have pocketed over $4 billion. Then the billionaires gave Romney a million dollars each for the Republican campaigns. Nevertheless, Romney accused Obama of conflicts.

    --- Documents reveal that a government bailout check was in fact cashed by none other than Ann Romney. It says that Ann Romney had a hunk of Mitt’s vast fortune in Elliott Management, Paul Elliott Singer’s vulture fund. Working our way between the limousines in front of his office, we wanted to ask Mr. Singer about his special financial deal with the Romneys. But he turned us down. The Romney campaign refuses to tell us exactly how much they made from the bailout, nor reveal their 2009 taxes.

    --- ANN ROMNEY: We’ve given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life.

    --- To cover up their payday and avoid taxes, the vulture funds have moved the headquarters of Delphi from Michigan to Jersey—not New Jersey, but the Isle of Jersey off the coast of France, a notorious tax haven.

    --- Governor Romney wrote, "Let Detroit go bankrupt." And it did. Of the 25,000 UAW members at Delphi, every single one lost their job. Delphi once had 29 factories in the U.S., now just one. Today, GM still gets its parts from Delphi, shipped from the plants that the Romney hedge funds have moved to the People’s Republic of China.


    -- Continued and is juicy.
    --- http://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/...ailout_bonanza

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by merrill View Post
    Perhaps the employees are victims of a Bain/Romney Leveraged Buyout New World Order....

    --- "Mitt Romney Made Millions from the Rescue of Detroit" as 25,000 GM jobs went to China

    --- " Investigative reports reveal how Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney made some $15 million on the auto bailout and that three of Romney’s top donors made more than $4 billion for their hedge funds from the bailout.

    --- As part of a massive government bailout, U.S. taxpayers paid $12 billion to save auto parts maker Delphi Corporation. Out of that taxpayer money, three billionaires and their partners took in a profit of over $4 billion. One big winner, with a profit of over 4,000 percent, were the billionaires’ silent partners, Ann and Mitt Romney. The Romneys made at least $15 million, and as much as $115 million.

    --- Our investigation began in Africa in the Congo. This is Greg Palast reporting. We are hunting for a vulture, a so-called vulture fund financier, this man, Paul Singer. Singer’s vulture fund seized $90 million out of foreign aid given the Congo, which could have been used to end a cholera epidemic. Singer’s vulture tactics are now outlawed in England and all over the world, but not in the U.S.A., certainly not here in Detroit, where we found Singer’s vulture fund feasting on the corpse of another victim, the once-world-leading Delco auto parts division of General Motors.

    --- DELCO AD: Power that can’t get old before it’s sold. Delco dry charge battery, made by the Delco-Remy Division of General Motors.

    --- So far, Romney and partners have pocketed over $4 billion. Then the billionaires gave Romney a million dollars each for the Republican campaigns. Nevertheless, Romney accused Obama of conflicts.

    --- Documents reveal that a government bailout check was in fact cashed by none other than Ann Romney. It says that Ann Romney had a hunk of Mitt’s vast fortune in Elliott Management, Paul Elliott Singer’s vulture fund. Working our way between the limousines in front of his office, we wanted to ask Mr. Singer about his special financial deal with the Romneys. But he turned us down. The Romney campaign refuses to tell us exactly how much they made from the bailout, nor reveal their 2009 taxes.

    --- ANN ROMNEY: We’ve given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how we live our life.

    --- To cover up their payday and avoid taxes, the vulture funds have moved the headquarters of Delphi from Michigan to Jersey—not New Jersey, but the Isle of Jersey off the coast of France, a notorious tax haven.

    --- Governor Romney wrote, "Let Detroit go bankrupt." And it did. Of the 25,000 UAW members at Delphi, every single one lost their job. Delphi once had 29 factories in the U.S., now just one. Today, GM still gets its parts from Delphi, shipped from the plants that the Romney hedge funds have moved to the People’s Republic of China.


    -- Continued and is juicy.
    --- http://www.democracynow.org/2012/10/...ailout_bonanza
    Your post has nothing to do with the layoffs in the OP that Obama is causing.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Garvin-MP View Post
    Your post has nothing to do with the layoffs in the OP that Obama is causing.
    Obama isn't causing them. PROVEN. Next?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •