Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If Hillary loses, will she also resign from the Senate?

JCBoston11

Default If Hillary loses, will she also resign from the Senate?

I'm from upstate ny, so I would gladly like to see Hillary leave the senate and give her seat up to a real new yorker like RFK Jr or Bloomberg.

If she has a humiliating defeat against Obama, her lifelong goal will be crushed and she will lose her purpose as a senator. After all, she wanted to be a senator to serve as a stepping stool to the presidency. She has no desire to lead, if she wanted to lead, she would have run for governor. Senators by nature, being 1 out of 100, are followers. One senator can only accomplish so little.

I'm really not sure what she will do after 2008, there are only so many more votes for Iraq that she can make. She hasn't been any where close to the leadership of kennedy, etc.

I'm guessing she is hoping for a cabinet post in the future, or maybe another run in 2012, hah.

I've heard a Supreme Court nomination could be a possibility.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

This is her only run. She either gets it or she doesn't. Even if America would allow a woman to be President by 2012 we've vilified Hillary so much that people couldn't possibly accept her at a later date.

It would have to be a different woman.
    '
    '
    $20,000,000 voter fraud that you will never hear about on Fox News.

Some numbers based on facts or liberal propaganda as some call it

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

JCBoston11

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder
    I've heard a Supreme Court nomination could be a possibility.
    I respect Hillary as a person who has high ambitions, but I also believe that her scorched earth strategy has hurt her from being an effective American leader. I would like to see her earn a leadership role as a governor, etc. but I don't want to give her something because she deserves it because she is Bill Clinton's wife.

The SC is criticized enough and it would lose more credibility if she was on the bench. Half of the country would never see the judgements but would see Her political will shoved down the country. We cannot let our govt fall apart.

You can't be in the spotlight forever and Americans like their presidents, and they like them more when they leave office. I think its time for Hillary to leave the spotlight and let some of the other woman governors carry the torch.

Jesse Jackson brought Black-Americans to the front of the Democratic party, and now Obama has pushed through. In 4 or 8 years, a Female will be the Democratic or the Republican nominee. Remember, most presidents have served as Governors or VP's.

MarcusT3355

I'm for Obama. But with that said, why is Hillary a bad senator? If she loses the nomination, she seems well versed in the issues. She's still a great debater, and I'm sure is probably pretty good at arguing the ends and outs of bills and policies. One of the reasons I think she would make a horrible president is why I think she's a good senator. Why would she leave it?

JCBoston11

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusT3355
    I'm for Obama. But with that said, why is Hillary a bad senator? If she loses the nomination, she seems well versed in the issues. She's still a great debater, and I'm sure is probably pretty good at arguing the ends and outs of bills and policies. One of the reasons I think she would make a horrible president is why I think she's a good senator. Why would she leave it?
    She used the Senate to get to the presidency. I don't think she could handle remaining in the senate if Obama wins in November. Also, I think New Yorkers like myself will grow tired of her ambition and divisiveness. I would like to see Bloomberg or RFK Jr take her seat.

The senate is a great place to spin your tires and the lifers enjoy their easy life with light responsibility. If Hillary really wants to change the world, she needs to get out of the senate and be like Al Gore. She really has to get out of washington, be her own person, and take on the issues.

Well, I think I've now heard the ultimate concerning Hillary.

When she was a 27 year old lawyer in 1975, she had a case where she basically accused a 12 year old rape victim of asking to be raped by her attacker; reducing the girl to tears on the stand.

"…In May 1975, Washington County prosecutor Mahlon Gibson called Rodham, who had taken over the law clinic months earlier, to tell her she’d been appointed to represent a hard-drinking factory worker named Thomas Alfred Taylor, who had requested a female attorney.

In her 2003 autobiography “Living History,” Clinton writes that she initially balked at the assignment, but eventually secured a lenient plea deal for Taylor after a New York-based forensics expert she hired “cast doubt on the evidentiary value of semen and blood samples collected by the sheriff’s office.”

However, that account leaves out a significant aspect of her defense strategy - attempting to impugn the credibility of the victim, according to aNewsday examination of court and investigative files and interviews with witnesses, law enforcement officials and the victim.

Rodham, records show, questioned the sixth grader’s honesty and claimed she had made false accusations in the past. She implied that the girl often fantasized and sought out “older men” like Taylor, according to a July 1975 affidavit signed “Hillary D. Rodham” in compact cursive…."

"She was vigorously advocating for her client. What she did was appropriate," said Andrew Schepard, director of Hofstra Law School's Center for Children, Families and the Law. "He was lucky to have her as a lawyer ... In terms of what's good for the little girl? It would have been hell on the victim. But that wasn't Hillary's problem."

The victim, now 46, told Newsday that she was raped by Taylor, denied that she wanted any relationship with him and blamed him for contributing to three decades of severe depression and other personal problems.

"It's not true, I never sought out older men - I was raped," the woman said in an interview in the fall. Newsday is withholding her name as the victim of a sex crime."

So much for her long record of being a great defender of women's rights. (Not even touching her being an enabler for Bill's "bimbo erruptions"). All she cares about is doing whatever she has to, to win, to be on top, and to gain more power.

bigfootzx

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder
    Well, I think I've now heard the ultimate concerning Hillary.

When she was a 27 year old lawyer in 1975, she had a case where she basically accused a 12 year old rape victim of asking to be raped by her attacker; reducing the girl to tears on the stand.

"…In May 1975, Washington County prosecutor Mahlon Gibson called Rodham, who had taken over the law clinic months earlier, to tell her she’d been appointed to represent a hard-drinking factory worker named Thomas Alfred Taylor, who had requested a female attorney.

In her 2003 autobiography “Living History,” Clinton writes that she initially balked at the assignment, but eventually secured a lenient plea deal for Taylor after a New York-based forensics expert she hired “cast doubt on the evidentiary value of semen and blood samples collected by the sheriff’s office.”

However, that account leaves out a significant aspect of her defense strategy - attempting to impugn the credibility of the victim, according to aNewsday examination of court and investigative files and interviews with witnesses, law enforcement officials and the victim.

Rodham, records show, questioned the sixth grader’s honesty and claimed she had made false accusations in the past. She implied that the girl often fantasized and sought out “older men” like Taylor, according to a July 1975 affidavit signed “Hillary D. Rodham” in compact cursive…."

"She was vigorously advocating for her client. What she did was appropriate," said Andrew Schepard, director of Hofstra Law School's Center for Children, Families and the Law. "He was lucky to have her as a lawyer ... In terms of what's good for the little girl? It would have been hell on the victim. But that wasn't Hillary's problem."

The victim, now 46, told Newsday that she was raped by Taylor, denied that she wanted any relationship with him and blamed him for contributing to three decades of severe depression and other personal problems.

"It's not true, I never sought out older men - I was raped," the woman said in an interview in the fall. Newsday is withholding her name as the victim of a sex crime."

So much for her long record of being a great defender of women's rights. (Not even touching her being an enabler for Bill's "bimbo erruptions"). All she cares about is doing whatever she has to, to win, to be on top, and to gain more power.
    No wonder Bill cheats on the heartless bitch. Most likely Hillary will return to the Senate. tWith all the sleazy attacks her people are stirring up on Obama, she does not deserve a cabinet level job for allowing such behavior, so Clintonesque

What was in the missing files.....Whitewatergate ?
    July 1993 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...r/timeline.htm
    Foster is found dead in a Washington area park. Police rule the death a suicide. Federal investigators are not allowed access to Foster's office immediately after the discovery, but White House aides enter Foster's office shortly after his death, giving rise to speculation that files were removed from his office.
    Last edited by bigfootzx; 02-27-2008 at 03:50 AM.

JCBoston11

Hillary's flaw is the head versus heart. Obama has been able to tap into the heart of the Democratic party and the future. Hillary can't win on Experience alone, if that was the case then Dodd, Biden, or Richardson would be the nominee. Edwards went for the heart as well, but he was outdone by Obama.

Hillary can't win on her dubious experience mantra. She won NH because she showed her heart, but she hasn't been able to show that "uniter" and compassion since.

She came close and if it wasn't for Obama, she would have been the nominee, but so many Democrats dislike her for the Iraq vote, Nafta, etc. that it was and is not likely that should could win the general election.

Obama is right when he says this country needs a Uniter not a Divider. Americans don't like divisiveness in general. Bush may seem divisive, but that is his policies, his personality won him over gore and kerry.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootzx
    No wonder Bill cheats on the heartless bitch. Most likely Hillary will return to the Senate. tWith all the sleazy attacks her people are stirring up on Obama, she does not deserve a cabinet level job for allowing such behavior, so Clintonesque

What was in the missing files.....Whitewatergate ?
    July 1993 http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...r/timeline.htm
    Foster is found dead in a Washington area park. Police rule the death a suicide. Federal investigators are not allowed access to Foster's office immediately after the discovery, but White House aides enter Foster's office shortly after his death, giving rise to speculation that files were removed from his office.
    Weird stuff on the Foster death I heard, years ago. Rumors of carpet fibers and blonde pubic hair in his underwear. The gun still being in his hand - even though the gun should have been released when he fired it, in a reflex action. No blood found on the grass near his body. A white van seen at the site an hour before the body was found. Blurred and missing photos of the crime scene. And mysterious yearly one-day trips to Zurich, Switzerland.

That's just what I remember of stories going around back then.