Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Trust of US intentions never higher than after 11 years concerted effort killing glob

  1. #11

    Default

    Banksters seem to be having a tough choice to make: side with Assad, or side with his opposition. Same choice they need to make all over the Mideast: side with the people, or continue to support the tyrants. Same choice most politicians are facing here today. To side with the people, or continue to support the 1%.
    T-Cat - "Conservation of momentum applies to a system closed in kinetic energy, not a thermodynamically closed system."

    T-Cat on Potential Energy: "Which means that you aren't converting it all at any point until you reach the ground."

  2. #12

    Default

    What the thread was about was really self evident. It was posted seconds after the one upon which it was commenting. I never tried to obtain any info to controvert Darm's thread. I don't care as much as you seem to. I have no idea about the ebb and flow of global public opinion regarding the United States. That's a helluva big phenom, so I'd need to see a gigantic rolling survey, perhaps longitudinally over generations with proportionate surveys of all the countries.

    You think it is down and that it's Obama's fault no doubt. I could care less. I do not consider you a reliable source of information. In fact, I consider you to be a dissident socialist who makes it his online raison detri to disseminate lies. So I don't merely consider you to be unreliable, i consider you to be intentionally contrary to fact to destabilize the larger regimes to benefit the 3rd world regimes in some vain hope the successful countries will be stupid enough to act as do those failed states. It isn't happening. You and your kind aren't even in the conversation.

    It's all between the dems and Repugs. That's where the game is played. that's where the battle lines are drawn. Your outsider blarney is much ado of nothing. If you find my utter disdain for your failure of adherence to fact to be delicious cake, well, to each his own.

    The lady doth protest too much. You hurt your cause in the overstating of it.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Darmosiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bewtween Here and There
    Posts
    19,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic View Post
    It was just a nay-say thread in response to Darms antithesis thread. I actually made a mistake and thought you started that one. I trust darm's work, but never yours. So essentially this thread is a knee jerk response error. I no longer take a position on it's truth or falsity. Yep, I'm walking it back. I'm doing a Romney.
    Holy cow... *faints*

    I can be wrong depending on the sources and can be swayed to change my position if the research presented by a poster is convincing enough.

    Kinda ironic what you say to BAC here Tut since BAC is the one who opened my eyes to the US duplicity in the Middle East.


    We are truly blessed with magnificent animals.. And cursed by ugly creatures disguised as humans that do them harm..

  4. #14
    Senior Member Brawd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    DCJ Country Club
    Posts
    2,811
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel View Post
    Holy cow... *faints*

    I can be wrong depending on the sources and can be swayed to change my position if the research presented by a poster is convincing enough.

    Kinda ironic what you say to BAC here Tut since BAC is the one who opened my eyes to the US duplicity in the Middle East.
    I feel the same way, I hope to know what I know but always be open to seeing another's point of view and changing my mind if some new information sheds light that changes my perspective.

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel View Post
    Holy cow... *faints*

    I can be wrong depending on the sources and can be swayed to change my position if the research presented by a poster is convincing enough.

    Kinda ironic what you say to BAC here Tut since BAC is the one who opened my eyes to the US duplicity in the Middle East.
    Thank you.
    "The two parties have combined against us to nullify our power by a ‘gentleman's agreement' of non-recognition, no matter how we vote ... May God write us down as asses if ever again we are found putting our trust in either the Republican or the Democratic Parties." -- W.E.B. DuBois (1922)

    "No people can be both ignorant and free. If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." -- Thomas Jefferson (1816)

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel View Post
    Holy cow... *faints*

    I can be wrong depending on the sources and can be swayed to change my position if the research presented by a poster is convincing enough.

    Kinda ironic what you say to BAC here Tut since BAC is the one who opened my eyes to the US duplicity in the Middle East.
    Perhaps true. The source matters. If you are vouching for BAC, great. My independent assessment is that BAC works full time in service of lies. The source matters. I long ago concluded I do not trust BAC at all as a supplier of unbiased fair information. I consider him on par with Big Dog or Minty. Sure, this or that specific scenario may bring to attention this or that injustice that escapes mainstream attention, but the full throated seismic detraction from all thing conventional is too extravagant to be valid. The US is not always wrong, she is not always bad, her decisions aren't always in error. But that is the direct focus of every word ever uttered from BAC. I notice that is not the case with you. That is why I disregard BAC facts. They are designed to conclude in a lie.

    Analogy: The witness may be correct that a suspect was wearing a red tie, but that does not make him the murderer. So I don't care about BAC's attention to details which may be true. I know he is trying to frame an innocent man.

    I consider the source. It won't be the first time in history I trust one person who agrees with a person I don't trust.

  7. #17
    Senior Member Darmosiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bewtween Here and There
    Posts
    19,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    Good honest answer.

    That being said, you saying that you trust my work was never my intention brother. The fact that you can't challenge it or offer counter-evidence to disprove it says all that ever need be said. :0)

    The fact that you have to create psuedo-non threads because you couldn't challange a thread with actual facts in it .. because you thought it was mine is like coconut-pineapple cake.

    Delicious. :0)

    Honestly why even start a thread if the only intention is to play anti-thesis to another poster without any conviction to back it up.

    Sounds like something the two Dogs would do. I have grown to respect Tut and Hud as credible posters with the intelligence and
    background to contribute meaningful and oftentimes insightful viewpoints.

    They are definitely on the left of the spectrum which I am as well.

    But having said that I don't swallow the left side Kool-aid without asking questions.

    I find Obama to be more of a Moderate Republican than a Liberal Progressive Democrat. Perhaps that's all he can be with the fractured Congress and the Big Money lenders
    pulling the strings. I don't know. But things have to start turning away from constant war soon. We are losing the respect of our global allies and the health of our country to
    this endless war machine.


    We are truly blessed with magnificent animals.. And cursed by ugly creatures disguised as humans that do them harm..

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel View Post
    Honestly why even start a thread if the only intention is to play anti-thesis to another poster without any conviction to back it up.
    No good reason apart from trying to accomplish with a sentence what I have now been caused to discuss at length. And for all I know, it's true. I bet many sympathize with the US. After all, as usual, we were attacked first for a stupid piece of celluloid. I am sympathetic to dissident causes and injustice. Hell, I am nearly 50 years old. I was not naive enough to dismiss everything Pravda as factually inaccurate even at age 15. And the 3rd world cause does not fall on deaf ears with me. But I am not against Rome in all things. That is what I hear from certain quarters, and it ...makes me sigh with weariness. Been there, done that.

    The bottom line is I do not share the BAC worldview and I've heard his case, ad nausium. So the next global event related through kaleidoscope eyes is not going to alter mine in the least bit. Nor the one after that. I have my own eyes, and I think my lenses are better.

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel View Post
    Honestly why even start a thread if the only intention is to play anti-thesis to another poster without any conviction to back it up.

    Sounds like something the two Dogs would do. I have grown to respect Tut and Hud as credible posters with the intelligence and
    background to contribute meaningful and oftentimes insightful viewpoints.

    They are definitely on the left of the spectrum which I am as well.

    But having said that I don't swallow the left side Kool-aid without asking questions.

    I find Obama to be more of a Moderate Republican than a Liberal Progressive Democrat. Perhaps that's all he can be with the fractured Congress and the Big Money lenders
    pulling the strings. I don't know. But things have to start turning away from constant war soon. We are losing the respect of our global allies and the health of our country to
    this endless war machine.
    As always, I appreciate your perspectives sister.

    I'm a digger. I search for truth, and when I find it I speak honestly to it. I'm disliked by people on the left and right.. because I don't color truth. Everybody likes me as long as I'm criticizing the other side. But truth isn't always found on either side. I make no place in my mind for cognitive dissonance, thus my vision is clear and unencumbered. Krishnamurti taught me that. :0)

    I understand the symbolism of Obama. I get that. I really do. However, symbolism does not take precedence over truth. I applaud Obama when he deserves it, I criticize him when I think he doesn't. I wish those who support him would take that tact.

    Support him if one believes that he is the best option, but remain true to principles and core beliefs. Needless war and destruction is neither a principle or core belief of the left or of people of conscience. Not to challenge Obama on critical issues demonstrates a failure and hypocrisy of those on my own side of the fence.

    Most people spend all their time pointing fingers at the other side .. never stopping to look in the mirror. We seem to have no understanding of introspective .. and those who engage in it get attacked by people like tutonic who believes that all wrong and evil must be on the other side.

    I don't ask that anyone just take my word for anything. I not only post what I believe, I also post evidence that supports what I believe.

    Trust me, I am not deterred by people who can't handle truth and can't defend what they believe.
    Last edited by BlackAsCoal; 09-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.
    "The two parties have combined against us to nullify our power by a ‘gentleman's agreement' of non-recognition, no matter how we vote ... May God write us down as asses if ever again we are found putting our trust in either the Republican or the Democratic Parties." -- W.E.B. DuBois (1922)

    "No people can be both ignorant and free. If we are to guard against ignorance and remain free, it is the responsibility of every American to be informed." -- Thomas Jefferson (1816)

  10. #20
    Senior Member Darmosiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Bewtween Here and There
    Posts
    19,675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BlackAsCoal View Post
    As always, I appreciate your perspectives sister.

    I'm a digger. I search for truth, and when I find it I speak honestly to it. I'm disliked by people on the left and right.. because I don't color truth. Everybody likes me as long as I'm criticizing the other side. But truth isn't always found on either side. I make no place in my mind for cognitive dissonance, thus my vision is clear and unencumbered. Krishnamurti taught me that. :0)

    I understand the symbolism of Obama. I get that. I really do. However, symbolism does not take precedence over truth. I applaud Obama when he deserves it, I criticize him when I think he doesn't. I wish those who support him would take that tact.

    Support him if one believes that he is the best option, but remain true to principles and core beliefs. Needless war and destruction is neither a principle or core belief of the left or of people of conscience. Not to challenge Obama on these critical issues demonstrates a failure and hypocrisy of those on my own side of the fence.

    Most people spend all their time pointing fingers at the other side .. never stopping to look in the mirror. We seem to have no understanding of introspective .. and those who engage in it get attacked by people like tutonic who believes that all wrong and evil must be on the other side.

    In don't ask that anyone just take my word for anything. I not only post what I believe, I also post evidence that supports what I believe.

    Trust me, I am not deterred by people who can't handle truth and can't defend what they believe.
    Well said BAC.

    The American people need to question our leaders constantly and not just be bobbleheads thinking they represent our interests 100%.

    I was frankly dismayed by the speech Kerry gave at the DNC.
    All the cheering for war and the crowing over killing a Holy Man...
    a man (bin Laden) that the CIA created for their own purposes and when he turned against them he became a liability.

    It was sickening.


    We are truly blessed with magnificent animals.. And cursed by ugly creatures disguised as humans that do them harm..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •