Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ZIMMERMAN Lied About Screams & Smothering

Default ZIMMERMAN Lied About Screams & Smothering

The Washington Post

"Zimmerman caught on tape: The screams"

By Jonathan Capehart

In the 911 calls to the Sanford Police Department in the final seconds before George Zimmerman shot and killed Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26, you can hear the bloodcurdling screams of someone pleading for help. Martin’s mother, Sabrina Fulton, told Anderson Cooper back in March, “That’s my baby’s voice. Every mother knows their child and that’s his voice.” At the Friday bail hearing for his son, Robert Zimmerman listened to one of the calls and told the court, “It was definitely George’s.”

Zimmerman has maintained from the start that he repeatedly screamed for help during the confrontation. But during a final meeting with detectives Christopher Serino and Doris Singleton on Feb. 29, Zimmerman made a startling comment: “It doesn’t even sound like me.”

That Feb. 29 meeting was the one in which Serino and Singleton probed inconsistencies in what Zimmerman said in the unredacted version of his non-emergency call and what he told Singleton hours after the shooting. The detectives then played one of the 911 calls (scroll to 16:42) placed during the confrontation between Zimmerman and Martin.

“You hear that voice in the background? That’s you,” Serino said. “Are you hearing yourself?”

“It doesn’t even sound like me,” Zimmerman said.

“That’s you,” Serino repeated.

They then listen to the call until the fatal gunshot. Serino asked Zimmerman about his assertion that Martin put his hands over his nose and mouth. “He smothered you, correct?” Serino asked. “At what point did he smother you? Was it right before you shot him?” Zimmerman can be heard saying faintly that he doesn’t remember. Serino played the call again.

“I need to give an approximate time when he starts smothering you,” the detective said. Zimmerman mumbled something I couldn’t make out, but Serino interjected, “That’s you yelling for help.” He let the call go on — with all bloodcurdling screaming — until after the gunshot. “Can you recall at what point the suffocation happened? Prior to you shooting him, he was on you, correct?”

“Yes, sir,” Zimmerman said.

“And you were able to reach into your holster,” Serino inquired.

“Yes, sir.”

“You shot him at point-blank range,” Serino said. “He was on top of you, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

Serino noted that during the yelling “nobody came out to help you and I can’t pinpoint where you were smothered. That’s the problem I’m having. And nobody’s sayin’ they saw him smothering you. People are sayin’ they saw him on top of you, but they didn’t see the smothering part.”

Singleton pointed out that the screaming is continuous and that if Zimmerman were being smothered it should stop. “[W]e don’t hear it stop.”

“We don’t hear him at all, either,” Serino added. “Is he being quiet? Is he whispering to you or something? Is he calm?”

“He’s angry,” Zimmerman said.

“I don’t hear him, though,” Serino responded.

Singleton asked if Martin was showing anger. “He’s on top of me and he’s telling me, ‘Shut the [expletive] up! Shut the [expletive] up!”

Serino raised a good point. Why don’t we hear Trayvon? Why don’t we hear “Shut the [expletive] up!” as loudly as we hear the heart-wrenching screams for help?

Still, the question remains: Who was screaming? Two forensic voice identification experts consulted by the the Orlando Sentinel in March said it wasn’t Zimmerman. But a FBI analysis of the voices was inconclusive. Which should not be a big surprise, I suppose. After all, even Zimmerman seemed not to believe it was his own voice.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Zimmerman is killing himself with his contradictions.

All of them will be exposed in court.

How can yous scream if someone is covering your nose and mouth?

If Trayvon was screaming curses at him, why couldn't anyone hear Trayvon?

Zimmerman is a lying motherfucker.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Environment Man
    Zimmerman is a lying motherfucker.
    T-Cat - "Conservation of momentum applies to a system closed in kinetic energy, not a thermodynamically closed system."

T-Cat on Potential Energy: "Which means that you aren't converting it all at any point until you reach the ground."

Has Zimmerman lied about everything?

He is clearly a compulsive liar.
    DCJ President

Blog Entries

In before "Trayvon's daddy says it wasn't him"...

Seems to be the only counterpoint Zimmy's groupies have to any and all contradictions related to the screams for help.

Quote Originally Posted by mcnulty
    In before "Trayvon's daddy says it wasn't him"...

Seems to be the only counterpoint Zimmy's groupies have to any and all contradictions related to the screams for help.
    yep.

Zimmerman admits that it is not him screaming.

Plus how could he scream if his mouth was covered?
    DCJ President

doesn't change the fact that he saved society from a thug that was getting worse year after year. Thanks Zimmy!

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog
    doesn't change the fact that he saved society from a thug that was getting worse year after year. Thanks Zimmy!
    Do you think all of the young black kids like Trayvon Martin should be murdered?

In a similar situation.
    DCJ President

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

No, Zimmerman didn't lie, the title is misleading.

Haven't you ever heard a recording of yourself and thought it doesn't even sound like you? I certainly have.
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by MintJulep
    No, Zimmerman didn't lie, the title is misleading.

Haven't you ever heard a recording of yourself and thought it doesn't even sound like you? I certainly have.
    How could he scream if his mouth is covered?
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama