Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Scotus hands Obama a second term.

How do you win a presidential election?
    (1) Energize your base. Get their turnout rates to be greater than the other side's. Get them todo ate more money and time.
    (2) Get Independents on board.

This does nothing for #2' but whichever side lost this was going to get its base energized. That's not me saying hat this wasn't a big win for your side. The Congress is ever going to repeal Obamacare unless it replaces it with an equally miserable piece of crap. In fact, given the desire for one upsmanship ("I can give away way more of other people's money than you can"), it's pretty likely that Congress would only make it worse. Modern America runs on a kind of Brezhnev Doctrine: once government advances, it never retreats. So the best shot was for he Supreme Court to void th entire thing. I'm sure there will be other challenges, but probably none as fundamental. So Obamacare is here to stay. Smile. The Progressives made the only kind of "progress" they value. They made the government bigger, costlier, and more involved and in control of everybody's life.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen
    How do you win a presidential election?
    (1) Energize your base. Get their turnout rates to be greater than the other side's. Get them todo ate more money and time.
    (2) Get Independents on board.

This does nothsdfjvkwlvwkvp;wlrybody's life.
    So you are happy! Nice spin doctoring.

you remind me of some monty python guy chained to a dungeon talking about how cushy is his plight.

Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    Fact.

Health care was Obama's namesake, defining legislative achievement. He has touted it as a demonstration of his liberal bona fides, his effectiveness in getting real and enduring agenda passed. Had it been overturned, his crowning glory would have been shaved off before his eyes.

FDR had social security. Johnson had the civil rights act.

This achievement will be on par with these others. It is seminal, a game changer.

Obama no longer needs to fight to beat Romney. President Obama is officially a successful and Great president. He will be on the short list in the pantheon of greats with Lincoln, Washington, Kennedy, Johnson and Reagan.

He has burnished his credentials, his likeness hewn into the immortal rock of history, ensconsed into his own wing in Valhalla courtesy of SCOTUS.

Loving it.

Hush, truth. Romney can try...but he will fail. Potential VP's are running from him like the plague.

"ITS BUSH'S FAULT!" Right liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog
    He certainly has, liberals think actions like that only apply to their side
    Why wouldn't flip-flop Romney want to support his own HC Mandate?

What is Bush's fault? In case you haven't seen the news, We Won!
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    Fact.

Health care was Obama's namesake, defining legislative achievement. He has touted it as a demonstration of his liberal bona fides, his effectiveness in getting real and enduring agenda passed. Had it been overturned, his crowning glory would have been shaved off before his eyes.

FDR had social security. Johnson had the civil rights act.

This achievement will be on par with these others. It is seminal, a game changer.

Obama no longer needs to fight to beat Romney. President Obama is officially a successful and Great president. He will be on the short list in the pantheon of greats with Lincoln, Washington, Kennedy, Johnson and Reagan.

He has burnished his credentials, his likeness hewn into the immortal rock of history, ensconsed into his own wing in Valhalla courtesy of SCOTUS.

Loving it.
    And his policies have gas prices plummeting!

Legislation for the middle class? HELL NO!

"Argumentum Ad Numerum" ask your pollster about it today.

Whew.

Now I can get health insurance.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Who's Bush? Are you talking about a Bush Pilot, VD Infect Bush, A Dripping Bush, Tall Bush, Short Bush, Stinky Bush, Kinky Bush, Harry Bush, Hairy Bush!!!!

Please be more forthcoming.

floating down the river on a shit house door

I wonder if Mitt's for Romney care again?
    Your brain is a doughnut, your spirit's a dry cup
    This place has the poison to fill them all right up
    She's the poor man's gold, she's the anarchist crucible
    Flying in the face of the despot cannibal