Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    Well, illegitimacy rates for whites have skyrocketed since the sixties too. But it is disturbing when Moochelle introduces her husband, Hussein, as "my babies' daddy".
    Yes. Very poor choice of words by a lady who most likely does NOT talk that way at home !

She was , I suspect , trying to show younger people she was "hip" /whatever phrase is now popular.

It was one of those communication attempts that is pre-doomed to failure.
    (Remember Nancy Reagan with " Just say no !" ??)
    meangenes

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeangenes
    Yes. Very poor choice of words by a lady who most likely does NOT talk that way at home !

She was , I suspect , trying to show younger people she was "hip" /whatever phrase is now popular.

It was one of those communication attempts that is pre-doomed to failure.
    (Remember Nancy Reagan with " Just say no !" ??)
    Or Barbara Bush saying after Katrina that the kids who lost their homes were better off.
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    Good point, Bill.

Child support arrearage has been skyrocketing as well. Too many men have just said, 'fuck it ... let everyone else pay for my kid'.
    I don't think that is the only reason... Many have lost jobs etc as well......

I think part of the problem has been the criminalizing of the "other" parent-most often men, but not always.......

Before you were required to pay this or that but now they garnish your wages even if you have never been late-just like a criminal...........
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    I don't think that is the only reason... Many have lost jobs etc as well......

I think part of the problem has been the criminalizing of the "other" parent-most often men, but not always.......

Before you were required to pay this or that but now they garnish your wages even if you have never been late-just like a criminal...........
    Bill, that's a system I recommended in our state: just like a military allotment . Those opposed were still clinging bitterly to the concept of non-support as a crime----a crime they could punish MEN for. (Child support agencies tend to be female dominated---for whatever reason.)
    meangenes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mrmeangenes
    Bill, that's a system I recommended in our state: just like a military allotment . Those opposed were still clinging bitterly to the concept of non-support as a crime----a crime they could punish MEN for. (Child support agencies tend to be female dominated---for whatever reason.)
    ??I am not clear what you are saying is your position here........

Mine is to not treat them like criminals, to not garnish, bully etc unless the are not following the law..........

Jailing & fines etc is not going to do anything but cost more-enforcement will not come free, & jailing them @ a $100 a night will not get blood from a turnip as they say.......
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

What is it you would have her do?? Why not her husband as well??

I don't think those women are getting themselves pregnant.....

How do you plan to restrict these American women from having sex???

Perhaps you support forced sterilization like Kres??
    They should restrict themselves.

They hold the keys, not the men.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Environment Man
    They should restrict themselves.

They hold the keys, not the men.
    Why don't the men need to restrict themselves??

Why doesn't Obama have to say anything??
    Howard Zinn

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j
    Or Barbara Bush saying after Katrina that the kids who lost their homes were better off.
    she was right, have you ever seen how people live in New Orleans?

??I am not clear what you are saying is your position here........

Mine is to not treat them like criminals, to not garnish, bully etc unless the are not following the law..........

Jailing & fines etc is not going to do anything but cost more-enforcement will not come free, & jailing them @ a $100 a night will not get blood from a turnip as they say.......
    What was done was the enactment of VOLUNTARY CONSENT wage orders.
    Child support these days is largely worked out in formal settlement conferences, and non-custodial parents who are required to pay support are offered the OPTION of wage orders.(These are signed by a judge, which keeps the employer from getting nasty with the employee.)

The last I saw-back in the late 90's, this system was working out just fine.
    The men (most payors are male) had a way of contributing to child support in a regular, relatively painless way. The women (usual recipients) got the money for support in a regular, predictable way.

A few women-apparently working out other issues - were PO'd at being "robbed" of a means of punishing their former partners - but even they shut up after a while.

The support enforcement people were able to spend their time more usefully: locating the "flyers", counselling the slow payors, and referring non-payors to the court for enforcement.

Deliberate non-payors were sometimes placed under INVOLUNTARY wage orders --but some would just quit and bug out.
    meangenes

Why don't the men need to restrict themselves??
    Because a man cannot get what a woman will not give.

The weight is on the women here.

They must discipline themselves to keep their legs closed until they get married.

Why doesn't Obama have to say anything??
    Because it makes white folks mad if Obama talks about the black community.

And Obama wants nothing more than to please white folks.

So they will reward him.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.