Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate

Hybrid View

Default Blacks struggle with 72 percent unwed mothers rate

"HOUSTON — One recent day at Dr. Natalie Carroll's OB-GYN practice, located inside a low-income apartment complex tucked between a gas station and a freeway, 12 pregnant black women come for consultations. Some bring their children or their mothers. Only one brings a husband.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-year career to helping black women. ... "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39993685.../#.T-xQmWFqBac

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    "HOUSTON — One recent day at Dr. Natalie Carroll's OB-GYN practice, located inside a low-income apartment complex tucked between a gas station and a freeway, 12 pregnant black women come for consultations. Some bring their children or their mothers. Only one brings a husband.

Things move slowly here. Women sit shoulder-to-shoulder in the narrow waiting room, sometimes for more than an hour. Carroll does not rush her mothers in and out. She wants her babies born as healthy as possible, so Carroll spends time talking to the mothers about how they should care for themselves, what she expects them to do — and why they need to get married.

Seventy-two percent of black babies are born to unmarried mothers today, according to government statistics. This number is inseparable from the work of Carroll, an obstetrician who has dedicated her 40-year career to helping black women. ... "

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39993685.../#.T-xQmWFqBac
    Do you just look for anything to show blacks in a negative light? A good majority of your posts are to attack the black race. I am not denying the truth of this article, but God move on to some new subjects.
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j
    Do you just look for anything to show blacks in a negative light? A good majority of your posts are to attack the black race. I am not denying the truth of this article, but God move on to some new subjects.
    Ignoring a problem & not talking about it is worse than talking about it openly.

This relates to another ongoing argument about high crime rates amongst black males. There are those here who flat out deny the problem exists when anyone who watches their local evening news knows that it does exist.

Regardless of Dog's motives, the topic should not be shied away from, as it affects all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya
    Ignoring a problem & not talking about it is worse than talking about it openly.

This relates to another ongoing argument about high crime rates amongst black males. There are those here who flat out deny the problem exists when anyone who watches their local evening news knows that it does exist.

Regardless of Dog's motives, the topic should not be shied away from, as it affects all of us.
    This too is true.

But you aint going to get Obama to get involved.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Environment Man
    This too is true.

Should he or his wife be involved???
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    Should he or his wife be involved???
    His wife.

Plus she and the kids remind us that Obama is black.
    DCJ President
    RK77 on Eman: Eman is the most annoying FUCK I have run across on the internet--- BAR NONE!
    Tutonic: Environment Man employs illeism to project sarcastic, grandiose conceit for comic effect, but it is a hackneyed schtick.
    BC to E-hater: You sir will never, ever defeat Eman-N-E-V-E-R!! Not playing his game. He is playing you. I would think he might get bored of it after a while but he still seems to enjoy himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Environment Man
    This too is true.

Obama can't relate to your everyday black man no more than I can.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D.
    Less.

Obama is whiter than you.
    DCJ President

Quote Originally Posted by Mike D.
    A double negative means a positive. You said Obama can realte to the everyday black man.

Quote Originally Posted by JDubya
    Fine, let's talk about the causes. Things like discrimination, prejudice, incarceration rates, inequality, etc.
    T-Cat - "Conservation of momentum applies to a system closed in kinetic energy, not a thermodynamically closed system."

T-Cat on Potential Energy: "Which means that you aren't converting it all at any point until you reach the ground."