Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Loose Leaf Teas

  1. #1

    Default Loose Leaf Teas

    Anyone else here drink loose leaf teas? If so what type(s)?




  2. #2

    Default

    No one?

    It can't be that you folks aren't hip to yerba mate teas?

    But the big draw for most yerba mate enthusiasts is the promise of a “clean” caffeine-like buzz, free of jitters and unpleasantness, which yerba mate is said to provide. Drinkers report being in control of their wakefulness; they can stay up for hours, alert and on their game, but sleep is always right around the corner – if they want it. Basically, yerba mate is supposed to give you energy without the negative side effects. A common claim is that yerba mate is actually completely free of caffeine and that its stimulating effects come from a mysterious compound called mateine. Mateine, they say, is a stereoisomer of caffeine, thus giving it the stimulating qualities with none of the downfalls.

    Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/yerba...#ixzz1p7Wrz8Fp
    What makes 'em even better is you can mix 'em with other better tasting teas...

  3. #3

    Default

    I thought with all the Berkenstock clad pot smoke'n hippies that posted here, surely some of 'em would've been loose leaf tea drinkers...

  4. #4

    Default



    Mixed together is one of the best tea combinations that I've ever had...

  5. #5
    Administrator Bill Cosby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    State of Mind
    Posts
    51,550
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    I just started drinking tea again.......

    Earl Grey & whatever they put in it @ starbucks...

    @ home I have been drinking black Irish tea, somewhat similar to Red Rose...

    Bagged of course..........lol

    I am trying to get back into tea & off the coffee, although the local store just started selling "Chock full of nuts" out of New York, my old favorite so I have bought a few cans-good stuff............
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

    We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

    Louis D. Brandeis

  6. #6
    Senior Member Bruce LeeRoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    News Ninja
    Posts
    31,849
    Blog Entries
    26

    Default

    Shit, I'm probably going to regret this but what is the advantage of loose leaf versus bag tea?



    You can make your own blends, I would assume?

    I do drink tea, sometimes at night if I cant sleep or if its cold out and just dont want to drink coffee.

    Where do you find loose leaf tea makings at?
    ..Judaism is a religion; but Zionism is a political movement started mainly by East European (Ashkenazi) Jews who for centuries have been the main force behind communism/socialism. The ultimate goal of the Zionists is one-world government under the control of the Zionists and the Zionist-oriented Jewish international bankers... Jack Bernstein

    "​Behold Israel is of the synagogue of Satan, who claim to be Jews though they are not, but are liars" - Revelation 3:9



  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    Shit, I'm probably going to regret this but what is the advantage of loose leaf versus bag tea?



    You can make your own blends, I would assume?

    I do drink tea, sometimes at night if I cant sleep or if its cold out and just dont want to drink coffee.

    Where do you find loose leaf tea makings at?

    Quality for starters, there are teas out there that have more caffeine (the type of caffeine that doesn't give you the jitters or crash like coffee does) in them than coffee but don't taste all that good so the trick is to mix 'em with teas that're more to your liking.

    There are a couple of company's that're good - David's Tea is probably my favorite, Teavana is more or less like the Starbucks of teas (same shit packaged differently with it's own lingo and costs more), Harney and Son's is so so...it's subjective I suppose.

    A good single malt scotch also goes well with smoked lapsang (a pine smoked tea) is a great bedtime concoction, et cetera.

    http://www.davidstea.com/
    http://www.teavana.com/
    http://www.harney.com/

    There are specialty companies that'll also only sell yerbamate which is the tea that's got just as much if not more caffeine than coffee, which is where I'll get my fix, albeit I prepare mine a whole lot different than what they'd suggest - like I said I'll mix it with teas that're better tasting.

    http://www.myyerbamatestore.com/inde...t_detail&p=126

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    I just started drinking tea again.......

    Earl Grey & whatever they put in it @ starbucks...

    @ home I have been drinking black Irish tea, somewhat similar to Red Rose...

    Bagged of course..........lol

    I am trying to get back into tea & off the coffee, although the local store just started selling "Chock full of nuts" out of New York, my old favorite so I have bought a few cans-good stuff............

    I tend to stay away from coffee, all that time in the Army it wasn't easy. Now that I've been steadfast with drinking tea as opposed to coffee I feel a whole lot better...then again I was in my early twenties, single, no kids...wait - that's not right - never mind, and always hungover from the night before.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilifier of Zombies
    No one?

    It can't be that you folks aren't hip to yerba mate teas?



    What makes 'em even better is you can mix 'em with other better tasting teas...
    I used to drink a lot of Kuchika twig tea. I'll have to check out the yerba mate.
    .


    If you didn't vote Libertarian ... quit bitching.


    1994-2011 Temp vs. CO2
    Al Gorians are Insane.

  10. #10
    Administrator Bill Cosby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    State of Mind
    Posts
    51,550
    Blog Entries
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vilifier of Zombies
    I tend to stay away from coffee, all that time in the Army it wasn't easy. Now that I've been steadfast with drinking tea as opposed to coffee I feel a whole lot better...then again I was in my early twenties, single, no kids...wait - that's not right - never mind, and always hungover from the night before.
    LOL........... That is where I started drinking it........

    DO you put anything in your tea or coffee?? I use honey in both.. One of the reasons I was starting on tea again was I used about half as much honey as coffee.......

    Some ppl believe honey has some healthy properties & many think some teas do as well........

    You have any health reasons?? See any positive effects etc??
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

    We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

    Louis D. Brandeis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •