Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, Let's List The Media Matters Lies.

Default OK, Let's List The Media Matters Lies.

Every time a Media Matters link is posted, which is usually an actual clip of Fox News lying it's attacked as a partisan site spreading false information.

However, I don't recall anyone ever pointing out the false information.

I find the Op Eds very biased and I can't read them but they always seem to link directly to the news sources which they discuss. I've found those links to be accurate.

Now we all know that I site this biased must be spreading some false information so let's put it on display.

Does anyone care to put up or shut up?
    '
    '
    $20,000,000 voter fraud that you will never hear about on Fox News.

Some numbers based on facts or liberal propaganda as some call it

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

Blog Entries

This will be interesting..

Put up or shut-up........ I guess it is a 100% shutUP thus far......
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Here's what I got on media matters, its a left leaning liberal website. Whats the problem?

Media Matters for America

Media Matters for America (MMFA), a "Web-based, not-for-profit progressive research and information center dedicated to comprehensively monitoring, analyzing, and correcting conservative misinformation in the U.S. media,"[1] was founded by David Brock in mid-April 2004.

Along with former MoveOn consultant Tom Matzzie and John Podesta's Center for American Progress, it is behind Progressive Media, a liberal messaging campaign launched in 2008 and expanded in 2009 to become a 'war room' for promoting the foreign and domestic policies of Barack Obama.

Media Matters for America's partner organization, Media Matters Action Network launched Conservative Transparency in November, 2009.

Background

"Because a healthy democracy depends on public access to accurate and reliable information, Media Matters for America is dedicated to alerting news outlets and consumers to conservative misinformation -- wherever we find it, in every news cycle -- and to spurring progressive activism based on standards and accountability in media," explains their website [2] "For the first time, Media Matters for America has put in place a system to monitor the media for conservative misinformation - every day, in real time -- in 2004 and beyond." [3]

The site "was devised as part of a larger media apparatus being built by liberals to combat what they say is the overwhelming influence of conservative commentators like Rush Limbaugh and Bill O'Reilly." The "project was developed with help from the newly formed Center for American Progress, the policy group headed by John D. Podesta," Bill Clinton's former chief of staff. "Brock said he hoped it could help provide fodder for fledgling liberal radio talk shows being started across the country, including those of the comedians Al Franken and Janeane Garofalo." [1]

"Mr. Brock, who has also spoken with Senator Clinton, Senator Tom Daschle of South Dakota and former Vice President Al Gore about his project, said he was ready to face skepticism. 'I think all ideological converts face a reality on that question,' he said. But, he added, 'I've found people very open to the idea that people can change.'"

MMFA has apparently retained Aman & Associates to promote their first book.

Funding

Funded with "more than $2 million in donations from wealthy liberals." "Among Mr. Brock's donors is Leo Hindery, Jr., the former cable magnate; Susie Tompkins Buell, who is co-founder of the fashion company Esprit and is close to Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton of New York, and Ms. Buell's husband Mark; and James C. Hormel, a San Francisco philanthropist whose appointment as ambassador to Luxembourg was delayed for a year and a half in the late 1990's by conservative lawmakers protesting what they called his promotion of a 'gay lifestyle.' [2]
    Media Matters for America is funded in part by the Democracy Alliance.

Media Matters Action Network

The Media Matters Action Network is a 501(c)4 organization that is a partner organization to MMFA. In December 2008, the Media Matters Action Network acquired the Media Transparency website from Cursor Inc.[3]
    http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...=Media_Matters

We know it is biased. I have no problems with admitted biased medias be it left or right. But does it out and out lie like FOX News?
    I don't believe anyone will find anything.
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j
    We know it is biased. I have no problems with admitted biased medias be it left or right. But does it out and out lie like FOX News?
    I don't believe anyone will find anything.
    I agree with this statement, FOX plays on the ignorance of the audience, the left, seeing itself as progressive uses alot more leading and open ended statements as fact, its much more subliminal propaganda then FOX.

FOX is "Idiot's on parade".

But in defense of FOX, liberalism has been institutionalized throughout the education system, FOX has a real sense of urgency to combat this ideology.

The Shadow Party derives its power from its ability to raise huge sums of money. By controlling the Democrat purse strings, the Shadow Party can make or break any Democrat candidate by deciding whether or not to fund him. During the 2004 election cycle, the Shadow Party raised more than $300 million for Democrat candidates, prompting one of its operatives, MoveOn PAC director Eli Pariser, to declare, 'Now it’s our party. We bought it, we own it…'

Dog, let's take this one for example since this is the one I randomly clicked on.
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/tim-gra...-slavery-quote

What exactly was the lie that media matters was spreading?

You know, in fairness to Rush, those two out of literally dozens of racist things were not necessarily accurate. We were never able to find them. We’ve had people call us trying to find it. We don’t know where they came from. They could just be Internet apparitions. But you know, that being said, anyone who wants to know how racist he is, we’re happy to give them other examples.
    Is it the part where they state that the claims made may not be accurate and that they can't confirm a source?

That sounds pretty honest to me.

Spell it out for us Dog, exactly what is the lie that they were spreading?
    '
    '
    $20,000,000 voter fraud that you will never hear about on Fox News.

Some numbers based on facts or liberal propaganda as some call it

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

Quote Originally Posted by Bosco
    I agree with this statement, FOX plays on the ignorance of the audience, the left, seeing itself as progressive uses alot more leading and open ended statements as fact, its much more subliminal propaganda then FOX.

FOX is "Idiot's on parade".

But in defense of FOX, liberalism has been institutionalized throughout the education system, FOX has a real sense of urgency to combat this ideology.

No, FOX lies and Media Matter exposes the lies...you consider it left wing because it reveals lies about FOX. So then I guess you concede that FOX is set up to be a republcian bully horn, huh?
    WELL, I GUESS THE BORN AGAIN EVANGELICALS PROVED THEY WERE NOT CHRISTIANS. GOOD. NOW LET'S STOP THIS BS RELIGION/GOVERNMENT THINGY AND TAX THESE ORGANIZATIONS TO THE MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog

And the bias slant to these sites are where? To the right.
    WELL, I GUESS THE BORN AGAIN EVANGELICALS PROVED THEY WERE NOT CHRISTIANS. GOOD. NOW LET'S STOP THIS BS RELIGION/GOVERNMENT THINGY AND TAX THESE ORGANIZATIONS TO THE MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Moby
    Every time a Media Matters link is posted, which is usually an actual clip of Fox News lying it's attacked as a partisan site spreading false information.

However, I don't recall anyone ever pointing out the false information.

I find the Op Eds very biased and I can't read them but they always seem to link directly to the news sources which they discuss. I've found those links to be accurate.

Now we all know that I site this biased must be spreading some false information so let's put it on display.

Does anyone care to put up or shut up?
    Here's one, and there are many more articles at media matters which range from poorly researched , taken from other leftist websites or flat out lies.

Earlier today, Media Matters reported that Glenn Beck’s radio show had lost enough stations that he could no longer claim, as he does on his website, that the show is “heard on over 400 stations.” However, it appears they got some of their math wrong. This is terrible, terrible news, obviously. This means that, for the next three weeks, we’re going to have to listen to Beck go on and on about how Media Matters has “86 employees trying to get me and they still can’t get their facts right!”

http://www.glennbeck.com/2011/04/01/...on-glenn-beck/