Page 4 of 135 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Reparations for slavery by the South

Quote Originally Posted by Philly Rabbit
    You want the southern whites to pick up the tab for this insane dribble of yours, don't you?
    Sure, if it pisses you off.

"a degree of order gradually emerged from the chaos. Northern philanthropy stepped into the breachand sent clothing , medicine, emergency economic aid, and teachers to the contrabands...to bring material aid spiritual comfort, and the three Rs to freed slaves."

James M.McPhersonBattlecry of Freedom pp 709-710 (New York 1988)

It is the south's long overdue turn to do something, nay anything, to pay for their atrocities.
    Last edited by tutonic; 01-17-2012 at 01:01 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Col. Jessep
    ...which is why there is "no way" anything will ever happen.

The people with the "will" to see reparations done are powerless and irrelevant (politically speaking, that is).

You are probably right.........
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    The time is now!

Civil liberties act of 1988 = 1.2 billion for Japanese camps for a couple years.

How much for hundreds of years of slavery and toil and rape and lynchings and beatings by the South against a million slaves?

It's about time the South starts paying it's dues...One way would be for every Southern Caucasian family with two or more children to give up a child to work for an African American family with two or more children...call it the "Southern Indentured Reparations Policy."

Which works out better than forty acres and a mule if you ask me.

I sure would like to have a hillbilly ginger sweeping and mopping the floors, taking out the garbage, and washing and drying the dishes (think of the savings of not using the dishwasher alone). That you'd get to beat the hillbilly ginger with a cat-o-nine-tails for getting out of line would be a bonus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vilifier of Zombies
    It's about time the South starts paying it's dues...One way would be for every Southern Caucasian family with two or more children to give up a child to work for an African American family with two or more children...call it the "Southern Indentured Reparations Policy."

I sure would like to have a hillbilly ginger sweeping and mopping the floors, taking out the garbage, and washing and drying the dishes (think of the savings of not using the dishwasher alone). That you'd get to beat the hillbilly ginger with a cat-o-nine-tails for getting out of line would be a bonus.

You should forward that one to Chappelle........

I am actually interested in this, but it is out of the general round of possibilities if the interest I have seen in the past is any indication..
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

The time is now!

Civil liberties act of 1988 = 1.2 billion for Japanese camps for a couple years.

How much for hundreds of years of slavery and toil and rape and lynchings and beatings by the South against a million slaves?
    I...like ....your...avatar....of .....Stephan.....Hawkings....I said...that....as..he...would....to honor him. As he is THE modern day Einstein...Absolutely incredible brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilifier of Zombies

I'll unionize the little hillbilly kid slaves if you make them wash dishes. Consider this your notification. Regards, Jimmy (the Cotton) Hoffa...:

The time is now!

Those directly affected are dead. There is nobody to pay reparations to.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason66
    Those directly affected are dead. There is nobody to pay reparations to.
    What if I shoot you dead. You are dead and there is nobody to pay reparations to.

What if I shoot you dead. You are dead and there is nobody to pay reparations to.
    The oney was paid to the Japanese that were actually interned in the camps, not family members or decendants.

We are talking about 147 years ago. Who EXACTLY would you pay reparations to? Every black person maybe?

If that is your stance, I need reparations from Germany, Egypt and everybody else that used the Jews as a free labor force.

Where do I send my info for my check?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    I think your POV should be broken down a bit further.......

One aspect being a willingness to do so............... The other perhaps is exploring a means by which to do so........

There is no question in my mind this should have been addressed a long time ago, that didn't happen.......

That certainly complicates it, but I don't see complication as a reason not to do what should of already been done......

I don't wanna go off into details no one will read or care about, as w/out a will, there is no way..............
    Ok genius .. How you going to do it?

Tell me how you're going to force white Americans to pay non white Americans reparations?

How are you going to decide who pays more .. Based on their racial backgrounds.

And if white Americans can trace their family tree back to an Hispanic ancestors or a black ancestors or both, what do you do then? Will they be required to pay less because they're not Lilly white?

And what about all the black Americans who settled in America from other countries AFTER slavery? Do they get cut in too?

This entire idea is totally insane and it's laden with nothing but white liberal guilt over slavery. You will tear race relations and racial progress between the races apart if you even atempt this and you could end up with a violent race war if you continue to pursue it.