Page 2 of 135 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 1344

Thread: Reparations for slavery by the South

  1. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    Because NE Puritans saw it for the evil it was. This nation did as bad or worse to the Indians, it exterminated most of them in wars of conquest assuming they were uncivilized savages. Are you suggesting reservation casinos for the progeny of slaves?


    Oh .. are you a New England puritan also besides being a degenerate liberal lawyer wanna be?

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moby
    I thought it was the policies of Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush. They are credited with the tax cuts and massive spending increases that created the debt. Of course, that's only based on factual information. Why bother with that?
    So it wasn't the working middle class .. In the evil, racist south or elswhere?

    At least we can agree on that?

  3. #13
    Administrator Bill Cosby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    State of Bliss
    Posts
    53,919
    Blog Entries
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Philly Rabbit
    And they didn't close their cotton mills either while they tooted their high and mighty abolitionist horns and drove the country closer and closer to a devastating war that exterminated a huge portion of the southern people and completely destroyed their entire culture at the same time.

    The liberals in the north in fact made millions of dollars off their cotton mills selling their slave produced cotton all over the world in fact
    So then your point is all those states should participate in some form of reparations & just not exclusively the south???
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

    We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

    Louis D. Brandeis

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    Because NE Puritans saw it for the evil it was. This nation did as bad or worse to the Indians, it exterminated most of them in wars of conquest assuming they were uncivilized savages. Are you suggesting reservation casinos for the progeny of slaves?
    The Yankees abolished slavery only because they didn't want to lose their white labor force in the established industrialized north. Until they built their industrialized infrastructure and their white labor force grew in population to be large enough to sustain it, they depended first on Indian slaves then African negro slaves. The Yankees also determined that negro slaves from Africa were better slaves than the Indian variety so they traded their Indian slaves .. Trophies of war most of them to the Caribbean in exchange for negro slaves.

    The Indians who were shipped to toil on the sugar farms in the Caribbean by the way were practically given a death sentence as they were literally worked to death.

    Keeping slavery around in Yankee land would have produced a migration of white labor to the new western territories in search of higher wages and the northern industrialists knew it.

    So stop now with the better than thou holiness of the Puritan north. The Yankee who invented the cotton gin established the slave necessity in the south by the way and the profit hungry Yankees that benefited greatly from that southern slave system.
    Last edited by Philly Rabbit; 01-16-2012 at 03:31 PM.

  5. #15

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    How much for hundreds of years of slavery and toil and rape and lynchings and beatings by the South against a million slaves?
    Zero.

  7. #17

  8. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    So then your point is all those states should participate in some form of reparations & just not exclusively the south???
    The country is broke.

    The country is trillions of dollars in debt.

    How can the already groosly overburdened with debt middle class possibly shell out reparations to all non white citizens because some of them ( and millions of them are non whites) are white?

    What about the Italians and the Irish and the discrimination they endured when they came here? When does this insane reparations nonsense end once and for all?

  9. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    George Bush and his obstructionist republican legislators.
    It's Bush's fault

  10. #20
    Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Southern by the grace of God
    Posts
    42,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tutonic
    How much for hundreds of years of slavery and toil and rape and lynchings and beatings by the South against a million slaves?
    Nothing.
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •