Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scientists say Turin Shroud image created by ultraviolet lasers

Default Scientists say Turin Shroud image created by ultraviolet lasers

Space aliens. It must have been space aliens!!!!

The exact origins of the Turin Shroud remain a great mystery, but scientists are now disputing the long-held belief that the religious artifact is a medieval forgery.

Italian researchers at the National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Economic Development say they believe the image was created by an ultraviolet "flash of light." However, if that theory is true, it remains a mystery as to exactly how that technology could have been implemented at the time of the Shroud's creation.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...182107870.html

I can understand the lack of response to this.

It must really hurt those who choose not to believe when even the scientists point to something beyond the ordinary.

Blog Entries

You know there is another thread on this, Merc created earlier today??

Shroud Of Turin, Jesus' Proposed Burial Cloth, Is Authentic, Italian Study Suggests
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    You know there is another thread on this, Merc created earlier today??

Shroud Of Turin, Jesus' Proposed Burial Cloth, Is Authentic, Italian Study Suggests
    Yes. I felt that the scientific nature of the claim made by these scientists was relevant enough to warrant a new thread. I understand if you feel differently

After reviewing the first thread. I apologize for starting a second. I understand if it is removed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Independent
    Yes. I felt that the scientific nature of the claim made by these scientists was relevant enough to warrant a new thread. I understand if you feel differently

No prob..... I just was not sure if you were aware of it............

S
    cientists at the Italian agency have reportedly spent years attempting to recreate the Shroud's imagery. 'The results show a short and intense burst of UV directional radiation can colour a linen cloth so as to reproduce many of the peculiar characteristics of the body image on the Shroud of Turin,' the scientists said.
    Using the method they found can reproduce many (not all).........

I don't find it very valid to assume cause they did it this way, someone else must of as well.............. Dunno, makes no sense to me...

I think it was just a dead guy from the times around the crusades, as the earlier test I believe concluded............
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

No prob..... I just was not sure if you were aware of it............

S

Using the method they found can reproduce many (not all).........

I don't find it very valid to assume cause they did it this way, someone else must of as well.............. Dunno, makes no sense to me...

I think it was just a dead guy from the times around the crusades, as the earlier test I believe concluded............
    I don't think that one can assume that it was any old dead guy unless you can show why it was that he produced UV rays at the time of his death.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Independent
    I don't think that one can assume that it was any old dead guy unless you can show why it was that he produced UV rays at the time of his death.
    They believe that some of the stains could be produced via UV rays & I now have to prove it???

Sorry, that will not be happening.........

Personally I don't think it matters what made it or who he really is........

Perhaps some are just curious, while others wish to hold some sentimental value to it, like gramma's old slippers or something, I dunno........lol
    Howard Zinn

Louis D. Brandeis

They believe that some of the stains could be produced via UV rays & I now have to prove it???

Sorry, that will not be happening.........

Personally I don't think it matters what made it or who he really is........

Perhaps some are just curious, while others wish to hold some sentimental value to it, like gramma's old slippers or something, I dunno........lol
    These were scientists. You have to prove nothing. This was the conclusion that scientists came to.

Again...

"Italian scientists conducted a series of experiments that they said showed that the marks on the shroud - purportedly left by the imprint of Christ's body - could not have been faked with technology that was available in medieval times."

http://www.montrealgazette.com/techn...796/story.html

"The double image (front and back) of a scourged and crucified man, barely visible on the linen cloth of the Shroud of Turin, has many physical and chemical characteristics that are so particular that the staining is impossible to obtain in a laboratory," concluded experts from Italy's National Agency for New Technologies, Energy and Sustainable Development.

The scientists set out to "identify the physical and chemical processes capable of generating a colour similar to that of the image on the shroud". They concluded that the shade, texture and depth of the imprints on the cloth could be produced only with the aid of ultraviolet lasers producing extremely brief pulses of light.

They said the image of the bearded man must therefore have been created by "some form of electromagnetic energy (such as a flash of light at short wavelength)".