Thread: Money, Money, Money! TN I-40

Default Money, Money, Money! TN I-40

This is whats going on with Tennessee law enforcement. Not to mention the TSA stops already in TN.

This is beyond crazy, and I see both sides, but competing for the money or they lose their jobs? These people have lost their minds.

Tennessee To Start ‘More Cops, More Stops' Campaign

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Tennessee is one of two states that get to test out a new federal plan to make the roads safer.
    The Tennessee Governor's Highway Safety Office is partnering with the U.S. Department of Transportation, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Tennessee law enforcement agencies for the plan.
    The new campaign, called "More Cops, More Stops", will work to reduce drunk driving, boost seat belt use, and crack down on speeding and distracted driving.
    Officers will target more roads by creating extra DUI check-points and beefing up staff. There will be extra officers on the roads patrolling through Thanksgiving.
    More details will be released at a press conference at the Bicentennial Capitol Mall State Park. It starts at 1:00 p.m. Friday.
    Nearly one-third of those killed on Tennessee's highways during 2009 involved drunk drivers. Sixty percent of people killed in crashes in Tennessee during 2009 were not wearing their seatbelts.
    http://www.newschannel5.com/story/16...stops-campaign

and this is from May of this year.

Well in the video, they are going to be taking large amounts of cash, period. Not citing for anything, just taking it, and you have to get legal counsel to get it back. Nothing illegal, they just want your money.

Then they have cops who are fighting over different sections of road that are known to be good paying.

This is how it was in the bad ol days of corruption and graft. Southern States in particular were hazardous...I guess the 'culture' has migrated all over.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?

That's a pretty clear-cut case of corruption. The idea that anybody really supports a program like that is evidence that they just don't get it.
    "When truth becomes unpatriotic, patriotism becomes worthless."
    -BlackAsCoal

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    This is how it was in the bad ol days of corruption and graft. Southern States in particular were hazardous...I guess the 'culture' has migrated all over.
    "follow the money" - pretty much shows you how this works.