Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cain suggests accuser's finances are motive for allegation

Default Cain suggests accuser's finances are motive for allegation

BINGO!

As newly reviewed records pointed to deeper financial problems for the Chicago-area woman accusing Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment, he wasted no time Tuesday in suggesting she is motivated by monetary gain.

Sharon Bialek's fiance — who said he is her primary source of financial support — is unemployed and preparing to file for bankruptcy, according to Lake County court documents reviewed Tuesday by the Tribune. And in Cook County, lawsuits show she has been targeted by creditors who claimed she owed them thousands in unpaid rent, personal loans and credit card bills.

In a round of TV interviews, Bialek, 50, said she had no financial reasons for coming forward and had not been promised a job in exchange for accusing Cain of groping her in a parked car 14 years ago. She sought to downplay past financial problems.

"I have had bankruptcy, and it was after the death of my mother, to help my father pay for medical bills, and a custody battle. Like millions of other people out there, I was struggling," she told CNN.

Bialek had two bankruptcies, the first filed in 1991, about a year after her mother died. She declared bankruptcy again in 2001, following a suit in which her son's father agreed to provide financial support and pay her legal bills.

She declined to comment through her lawyer, Gloria Allred. Allred did not respond to Tribune questions about her client's finances.

Bialek told reporters she expected the scrutiny into her background and decided to speak out against Cain anyway because she wanted to give the GOP hopeful a chance to "come clean" and to "tell the truth."

"I'm just doing this because it's the right thing to do," she said in a TV interview.

At a news conference Tuesday, Cain denied Bialek's claims that he wanted sex in exchange for finding her a job, following a dinner meeting in July 1997. Cain said he did not remember her face or name when she spoke out publicly Monday, but called her a "troubled woman" and suggested she may have pecuniary reasons for coming forward.

"I can't respond any further than that, but from a common sense standpoint, one would have to ask if that might not have been a motivation for her being subjected to this," Cain said.

Though Bialek said her financial troubles were due to extenuating circumstances around 2000, court records show she continued to run afoul of creditors as recently as this summer.

In February 2000, Bialek borrowed $3,000 from Northwest Side resident Mark Beatovic, who handwrote a loan agreement in which she agreed to pay him back with interest over the next year. But in 2005, Beatovic filed suit against Bialek for not paying off the loan. In 2007, a judge ordered her to pay Beatovic $3,900.

Broadacre Management, which owned the luxury residential tower at 474 N. Lake Shore Drive where Bialek lived in 2000, filed suit in March 2000 to evict her for not paying that month's rent, $2,250. By the time the judge signed an eviction order in August, Broadacre claimed she owed $6,750. A year later, the judge ordered her to pay $4,930 to resolve the case.

In 2007, a credit card company, Midland Funding, filed suit claiming she had defaulted on a 2002 credit card balance of $1,000. Another case was filed in 2009, but the court was unable to provide records on that suit.
    It's unclear whether she has resolved those debts.

The Tribune reported Monday that the IRS filed a tax lien against Bialek for nearly $5,200 in 2009. This August, the Illinois Department of Revenue claimed Bialek owed the state more than $4,300, including penalties and interest, relating to income taxes from 2004.

A major source of Bialek's income over the last decade has come from child support payments supplied by West R. Naze, the marketing executive with whom she had a child in 1998. Both Bialek and Naze filed claims in fall 1999 that resulted in Naze being ordered to pay Bialek, who was unemployed at the time, $2,350 a month.

In December 1999, Bialek filed a financial disclosure form with the court in which she said her sole source of income was the child support. She listed more than $20,000 in credit card debt, another $6,000 in unpaid medical bills from the 1998 birth of her son and a $2,000 personal loan.

Bialek returned to court in 2002 seeking more money from Naze, whose income had increased. By then, Bialek was again gainfully employed, at WGN Radio, which is owned by the Chicago Tribune's parent company. She gave differing accounts of her income, saying she was making about $90,000 a year in one court filing but about $64,000 a year in another.

She sought more money in 2009, alleging Naze's income had grown to about $30,000 a month. In October 2009, the judge ordered him to increase his child support to $66,700 a year.

Bialek, who shares a spacious, five-bedroom home with her fiance and teenage son in Mundelein, has not worked outside the home in several years, Allred said.

Her fiance, Mark Harwood, told the Tribune on Monday that Bialek did not have any current money problems. Harwood, who records show recently left his job in the medical equipment industry, said he supports her financially so she can stay at home with her 13-year-old son.

In court proceedings between Harwood and his ex-wife, Patricia, her lawyers stated last month that Harwood was unemployed and preparing to file for bankruptcy. Harwood could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Bialek was subpoenaed in the case but failed to appear in September for a deposition regarding her finances.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...,4756421.story

Sharon is a trashy piece of shit!

All four of them?
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

how many of the incidents are less than 5 years old?

I rest my case.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog
    how many of the incidents are less than 5 years old?

I rest my case.
    Like I said the accusations and settlements were made. Time doesn't erase it.
    "Our tax code shouldn’t give an advantage to companies that can afford the best-connected lobbyists. It should give an advantage to companies that invest and create jobs here in America." — President Obama

This tired old victim character assassination won't work, stupid. The cat's outta the bag, the horse has left the barn, etc.

Better email Sludge and request he post some good Willard stuff, ASAP.......y'all losers are stuck with the dope!

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j
    Like I said the accusations and settlements were made. Time doesn't erase it.
    no settlements made by Cain, sorry. Adults that are truly assaulted do not wait 30 years to start squealing.

IMO, the latest accuser is likely just trying to jump on the "Herman tried to sex me up too" bandwagon, make a few bucks and then get lost...

Quote Originally Posted by cottonbroker1
    IMO, the latest accuser is likely just trying to jump on the "Herman tried to sex me up too" bandwagon, make a few bucks and then get lost...
    Yep, that bitch has been hung up wet too many times.

Quote Originally Posted by doctordog
    no settlements made by Cain, sorry. .

Another lie, stupid. You suck.

Cain’s accounts evolved over a second day on Tuesday and did nothing to help him put the situation behind him. And his shifting answers continued to raise questions about the capabilities of a campaign that seasoned party hands still view with skepticism.

Asked Tuesday night on the Fox News Channel whether he would ask the association to comply with Mr. Bennett’s request, Mr. Cain said, “I can’t give you a definitive answer on that until we consult with our attorneys.”

He added that there could be “legal implications” if the women were released from confidentiality agreements, though he did not say what those implications might be.

A spokeswoman for the restaurant association, Sue Hensley, said that Mr. Bennett “has not been in contact with the association,” and that “if we are contacted by Mr. Bennett, we will respond as appropriate.”

She did not address questions about the details of the $35,000 severance arrangement with the other woman. A spokesman for Mr. Cain, J. D. Gordon, also declined to discuss the details of the arrangement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us...Cain%20&st=cse

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Kimchi
    Another lie, stupid. You suck.

Cain’s accounts evolved over a second day on Tuesday and did nothing to help him put the situation behind him. And his shifting answers continued to raise questions about the capabilities of a campaign that seasoned party hands still view with skepticism.

Asked Tuesday night on the Fox News Channel whether he would ask the association to comply with Mr. Bennett’s request, Mr. Cain said, “I can’t give you a definitive answer on that until we consult with our attorneys.”

He added that there could be “legal implications” if the women were released from confidentiality agreements, though he did not say what those implications might be.

A spokeswoman for the restaurant association, Sue Hensley, said that Mr. Bennett “has not been in contact with the association,” and that “if we are contacted by Mr. Bennett, we will respond as appropriate.”

She did not address questions about the details of the $35,000 severance arrangement with the other woman. A spokesman for Mr. Cain, J. D. Gordon, also declined to discuss the details of the arrangement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us...Cain%20&st=cse