Thread: Give A Damn!!!

Default Give A Damn!!!

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?

IMO they are afraid to bring the troops home. There's no jobs for them when they get here.

Thousands of military trained men, no work...

Hmmm sounds just like what we might need...when push turns into shove.

Loved that vid!!!! ..... I'll be damned, there IS hope for the country!

Didn't see this one coming!!!

Yes, this came as a surprise to me as well...I thought it would take a lot longer given recent experience. I think the lack of action after Obama's election and his continuation of the failed policy's of Shrub pushed people over the edge...maybe Obama has been good for us!

I agree about this video...I love it...and I also agree that you put your finger on part of the reason they won't bring our troops home Darmosiel...I've thought the same thing for some time now. Even so, we are training a lot of people.....
    "The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?

Quote Originally Posted by Darmosiel
    IMO they are afraid to bring the troops home. There's no jobs for them when they get here.

Thousands of military trained men, no work...

Hmmm sounds just like what we might need...when push turns into shove.
    Plenty of wars from Obomber; why come back to this mess?
    Of course you might be KILLED, but you come home to poverty and a slow economic death anyways....

There are opportunities in war!! War PAYS WELL, and you get to do killin' and kool stuff.

.....these vids are giving me flashbacks to events that occurred while I was in Vietnam....

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    Yes, this came as a surprise to me as well...I thought it would take a lot longer given recent experience. I think the lack of action after Obama's election and his continuation of the failed policy's of Shrub pushed people over the edge...maybe Obama has been good for us!

I agree about this video...I love it...and I also agree that you put your finger on part of the reason they won't bring our troops home Darmosiel...I've thought the same thing for some time now. Even so, we are training a lot of people.....

I've been drawing the same conclusions myself. And if that is a given, Obama has just as much at risk here as the plutocrat's in-house GOP employees (I see Blue Dog Dems more as 'contractors' getting 1099'd).

It's going to be really interesting watching this play out!

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Kimchi
    .....these vids are giving me flashbacks to events that occurred while I was in Vietnam....

Volunteers of America!!! Love it....yeah I remember.
    - Frank Zappa