Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Liberal Tragedy - Gunman dies in IHOP Shooting

Default Liberal Tragedy - Gunman dies in IHOP Shooting

Four people have been reported dead, including a gunman, in a shooting in a strip mall parking lot and then in an International House of Pancakes in Carson City, Nev. It was initially unclear how many people were shot in the Tuesday morning incident; news reports put the number between 9 and 13.

After the rampage, police say, the shooter shot himself in the head; the Associated Press reported later that he had died.

Police have not disclosed a motive for the shooting.

Ralph Swagler, who owns a Locals Barbecue in the strip mall, told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he saw a man pull up outside the IHOP in a blue minivan. Swagler said the man, who was carrying a rifle, shot a man on a motorcycle. The gunman then walked into the IHOP and started shooting. The gunman also fired at the Locals Barbecue, hitting the restaurant's windows.

The Reno Journal-Gazette was reporting that two of the people killed were National Guard members in uniform.

ABCnews.com was reporting that security has been amped up at nearby military bases, but Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong said authorities think that the violence has been contained.

“There does not appear to be any safety concerns outside of this area,” Furlong said in that report. “It appears to be isolated to this parking lot.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...rson-city.html

If you didn't vote Libertarian ... quit bitching.

1994-2011 Temp vs. CO2
    Al Gorians are Insane.

Blog Entries

How did you come up w/ that thread title, or should I ask why you would exploit this tragedy for political gain of some sorts????
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    Four people have been reported dead, including a gunman, in a shooting in a strip mall parking lot and then in an International House of Pancakes in Carson City, Nev. It was initially unclear how many people were shot in the Tuesday morning incident; news reports put the number between 9 and 13.

After the rampage, police say, the shooter shot himself in the head; the Associated Press reported later that he had died.

Police have not disclosed a motive for the shooting.

Ralph Swagler, who owns a Locals Barbecue in the strip mall, told the Reno Gazette-Journal that he saw a man pull up outside the IHOP in a blue minivan. Swagler said the man, who was carrying a rifle, shot a man on a motorcycle. The gunman then walked into the IHOP and started shooting. The gunman also fired at the Locals Barbecue, hitting the restaurant's windows.

The Reno Journal-Gazette was reporting that two of the people killed were National Guard members in uniform.

ABCnews.com was reporting that security has been amped up at nearby military bases, but Carson City Sheriff Kenny Furlong said authorities think that the violence has been contained.

“There does not appear to be any safety concerns outside of this area,” Furlong said in that report. “It appears to be isolated to this parking lot.”

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/nati...rson-city.html
    Liberals don't go to IHOP. They don't like the uncouth, pancake farting company, they have to put up with.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    How did you come up w/ that thread title, or should I ask why you would exploit this tragedy for political gain of some sorts????
    My take is the Dog says liberals find the shooter's death a tragedy and not the death of the vicims.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Cosby
    It's a pre-emptive strike for the real victims, the 4 innocents that died, not the gunman that the liberals will be portraying as the victim.

1994-2011 Temp vs. CO2
    Al Gorians are Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    My take is the Dog says liberals find the shooter's death a tragedy and not the death of the vicims.
    It's the liberal MO.

1994-2011 Temp vs. CO2
    Al Gorians are Insane.

It's the liberal MO.

It's your imagination and more dogshit. Liberals don't want anyone shot for whatever reason.

gOd

Quote Originally Posted by Gary
    Methinks he must have just read this post, and this thread is his knee-jerk response.

Blog Entries

It's a pre-emptive strike for the real victims, the 4 innocents that died, not the gunman that the liberals will be portraying as the victim.

Wow......... You know nothing of the shooter, nothing of the victims, nothing of a motive or any back ground what so ever & come out w/ that.......

That's terrible.............

While you disparage the supposed sympathies of liberals you have no qualms about cold heartedly exploiting the victims for some petty political tit for tat.....
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Quote Originally Posted by gOd
    Methinks he must have just read this post, and this thread is his knee-jerk response.
    I think he just takes anything and twists it to make some stupid political point. I hear the death toll is rather high (9) and I believe 5 were wearing NG uniforms.

I overheard these numbers reported on a TV and haven't found anything on the internet to substantiate them.
    Last edited by Gary; 09-06-2011 at 06:12 PM.