Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IDignity's I.D. day. (Scott Maxwell -Orlando Sentinel)

Blog Entries

Default IDignity's I.D. day. (Scott Maxwell -Orlando Sentinel)

two bills that legislators failed to pass.
    http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...09,full.column
    provision Gardiner had drafted to waive the cost of drivers licenses for the impoverished something other states such as Michigan have done to help people get back to work

the cost would've been minuscule a fraction of a percent of the money set aside for businesses incentives. Yet the need is great.

Most of us can't appreciate the ramifications of not having proper ID. But the problem is so severe that local nonprofits can't even keep up with the need.

We're talking 400 people lined up at 6 a.m. when faith-based groups such as IDignity announce they are having an ID day. Seeking help are homeless veterans who have been mugged, battered women who lost all their possessions and proud fathers trying to make new lives for their family.

They aren't looking for food or money only proof that they exist.

Once disentangled, remain in the blissful state of ultimate tanglementlessness.

I lost my drivers license once. I had to get a copy of my birth certificate which required me to drive to Richmond when I was living in Maryland. Guess what they called it?

Then I had to take another day off work to go to DMV and sit and wait for many hours. It required 2 days off work to have it replaced and neither was a weekend.

Can't most Walmart employees afford to take 2 days off work between Monday and Friday?
    '
    '
    $20,000,000 voter fraud that you will never hear about on Fox News.

Some numbers based on facts or liberal propaganda as some call it

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

but, but , but if they have ID they can vote.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moby
    I lost my drivers license once. I had to get a copy of my birth certificate which required me to drive to Richmond when I was living in Maryland. Guess what they called it?

Then I had to take another day off work to go to DMV and sit and wait for many hours. It required 2 days off work to have it replaced and neither was a weekend.

Can't most Walmart employees afford to take 2 days off work between Monday and Friday?
    Costs went up to $48 for ID, or drivers liscense - that's a lot of money for a Walmart employee, and impossible for those destitute.

The Floriduh Legislature didn't seem to think that though.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker
    Costs went up to $48 for ID, or drivers liscense - that's a lot of money for a Walmart employee, and impossible for those destitute.

The Floriduh Legislature didn't seem to think that though.
    Dude, minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. After taxes someone at Walmart could earn $48 in about a day 1/2. What's wrong with forcing them to take another 2 days off just so they could have the same rights as you?
    '
    '

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moby
    Dude, minimum wage is $7.25 an hour. After taxes someone at Walmart could earn $48 in about a day 1/2. What's wrong with forcing them to take another 2 days off just so they could have the same rights as you?
    Walmart employess still pay the $48, same as anyone employed.

Title Registration went up too, while funding to help volunteers in nursing homes was cut

Scott's/Rep/Tea Party budget horrow show, of special interest and corporate tax cuts/sales tax exemptions.
    If this is Disneyworld; Cruella wrote the budget.

they failed to enact a proposal to give IDs to those who can't start working without them.

even worse , the free ID's were for ppl who HAD NO ID, because of destitution.

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker
    Walmart employess still pay the $48, same as anyone employed.

Title Registration went up too, while funding to help volunteers in nursing homes was cut

Scott's/Rep/Tea Party budget horrow show, of special interest and corporate tax cuts/sales tax exemptions.
    If this is Disneyworld; Cruella wrote the budget.

even worse , the free ID's were for ppl who HAD NO ID, because of destitution.
    Unemployment is down a full point since he has taken office. Coincidence? I don't theen so........

"Free" IDs? I mean, WTF? Really.
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MintJulep
    Unemployment is down a full point since he has taken office. Coincidence? I don't theen so........

"Free" IDs? I mean, WTF? Really.
    WTF? i mean REALLY -YES. ID's are needed to vote, and these are ppl in poverty, homless, no assests street ppl, who have had their ID's stolen, or can't afford to buy one to be able to > GO TO WORK.

It;s JOBS right?? Well is it or isn't it??
    Congrats on the 1 point drop.

Want it to drop some more?? Give IDs to those who need them to WORK.

Unemployment is down across the board nationwide.

Rick Scott hasn't created one job yet.

Hell, he hasn't even gotten back to zero considering all the existing jobs he's either done away with or the potential jobs he didn't allow to be created.

Now go back to your Kool Aid, you pathetic, mindless flack.

So government creates jobs? That's not what many Neocons have stated before.
    '
    '

Historical Tax Chart

People's Budget

Brain Washing In America