Thread: Captain gets rare Conscientious Objector status, says he's "Christian"

Default Captain gets rare Conscientious Objector status, says he's "Christian"

If these "Christians" get their way, we probably wouldn't even be fighting this war.

We have to put an end to these "Christians", before "Christians" put an end to our freedom!

---

West Point Graduate Granted Conscientious Objector Status
    October 16, 2007
    After petitioning federal courts for release from the U.S. Army because his Christian beliefs compel him to love his enemies, not kill them, Captain Peter D. Brown has been granted conscientious objector status and honorably discharged from the military.

“I’m relieved the Army recognized that my religious beliefs made it impossible for me to serve as a soldier,” Brown said. “In following Jesus’ example, I could not have fired my weapon at another human being, even if he were shooting at me.”

Brown graduated from the US Military Academy at West Point in 2004. Though he comes from a religious family, he said he had not felt the conflict between his faith and military service until after his graduation, when he attended a civilian religious education center in Holland and began to examine the Scriptures and his beliefs in greater depth. After nearly two years of study, prayer and reflection, Brown said he came to believe that Jesus “taught that I should bless those who curse me and not fight back against evil with force…. I am supposed to love everyone. Killing others is not loving them. And I am even supposed to love our enemies.”

From the commies at the aclu:

http://www.nyclu.org/node/1419

---

one limbaugh unit, two limbaugh units...

I'm sure that Rush thinks Jesus was a phony Christian.

UserName

But..... but...... Onward Christian Soldiers?

How the hell are we going to keep this latest Crusade going if the Christians won't fight???

LadyMod at scam.com

Quote Originally Posted by UserName
    But..... but...... Onward Christian Soldiers?

How the hell are we going to keep this latest Crusade going if the Christians won't fight???
    Maybe they will have to do what would Jesus do? Call down hailfire and brimstone.