Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE!!!!!

Default ALIENS FROM OUTER SPACE!!!!!

Is that a microbe in your meteorite or are you just happy to see me?

The topic is interesting and the results might very well warrant further investigation but I wouldn't put a whole lot of credibility into this study. It's published in an internet only journal that is pretty goofy looking, not exactly professional in design. When you click on the article title it hotlinks you to Amazon.com for a book the same author is selling. I've never seen a respectable journal do anything of the sort. I suspect the peer review process of this journal might be done by other authors selling similar such books.

Journal of Cosmology
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-man proves atheism!

1. 0 = ∞
    2. God's power is ∞
    3. Therefore God's power is 0
    4. A god with 0 power is not a god
    5. Therefore god cannot exist

Quote Originally Posted by T-Cat
    The topic is interesting and the results might very well warrant further investigation but I wouldn't put a whole lot of credibility into this study. It's published in an internet only journal that is pretty goofy looking, not exactly professional in design. When you click on the article title it hotlinks you to Amazon.com for a book the same author is selling. I've never seen a respectable journal do anything of the sort. I suspect the peer review process of this journal might be done by other authors selling similar such books.

Journal of Cosmology
    I watched something on science channel once about whether or not life could survive the trip through space on a meteorite as well as the intense heat of the collision with earth.

In the tests that I saw, the microbes didn't stand a chance.

That being said, I think it's very likely that there is simple life within our own solar system. Particularly under the ice on one or more of Saturns moons (Titan) or possibly even Uranus.

I would love to be watchig the news on the day extraterrestrial life is found.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Haggard
    I called him for a massage...That's it, a massage"

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_W
    I watched something on science channel once about whether or not life could survive the trip through space on a meteorite as well as the intense heat of the collision with earth.

I think I saw the same show. They kept firing baterial culturals into some sort of high temperature chamber that simulated entry into earth's atmosphere and then smashed them into a sand box. As you said when the examined the cultures afterwards they were all very dead.

That being said, I think it's very likely that there is simple life within our own solar system. Particularly under the ice on one or more of Saturns moons (Titan) or possibly even Uranus.

ET phone home! I think we will see alien robots before we see aliens.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-man proves atheism!

1. 0 = ∞
    2. God's power is ∞
    3. Therefore God's power is 0
    4. A god with 0 power is not a god
    5. Therefore god cannot exist

Quote Originally Posted by T-Cat
    I think I saw the same show. They kept firing baterial culturals into some sort of high temperature chamber that simulated entry into earth's atmosphere and then smashed them into a sand box. As you said when the examined the cultures afterwards they were all very dead.

ET phone home! I think we will see alien robots before we see aliens.
    That was the show.

I'm thinking that there is a form of primitive life deep under the ice of Titan and we will discover it's existence in the next 20 years.

That was the show.

I'm thinking that there is a form of primitive life deep under the ice of Titan and we will discover it's existence in the next 20 years.
    ... and let them immigrate, give them free healthcare and allow them to vote (democrat, of course).

Quote Originally Posted by Udo Dirkschneider
    ... and let them immigrate, give them free healthcare and allow them to vote (democrat, of course).
    I realize that you're just an annoying, bitter dickhead, but is it too much to ask for you to stow the partisan bullshit just for once?

Jesus.

Yeah, you're right. I should stick with making a fool out of you on the political forum and respect the integrity of the 'shooting the shit' forum.

Back to the topic, I don't wholly trust science when it comes to searching for life in the universe. It's one of those races to be the first to discover something and science has shown that it can blow shit out of proportion like global warming.

Now I'm not one of those anti-global warming kooks - I believe global warming is a real factor, but clearly some of the evidence was doctored up or exaggerated.

I'll remain skeptical until there is solid proof.

Blog Entries

They better hope they aint found in Arizona....

Or Texas, unless they got a broom or a hoe in their hand......
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis