Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Founding Fathers

Default The Founding Fathers

Bill says it well....

"The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?

Blog Entries

eh. some truth, lots of religion bashing ( Bills' new sthick).
    Some were Diests, some were church goers, some simply believed in a "Creator", some were Christian - but NONE wanted a state church, or living by rules of religion. Prolly his most salient point.
    One part i didn't follow was something like "power must be in the hands of the intelligent, not (something)" Power is in the hands of the ppl thru Representation - that part seemed off.

I'll have to play it again.
    entertaining, some truths,some same old bashing by Bill - but it WAS funny. LOL

Thnx.

Once disentangled, remain in the blissful state of ultimate tanglementlessness.

I don't think his take on religion is his new schtick, he made a movie about it. I agree with him but that's my opinion and at some point I'll put it together in a post with factual information.

He says it and makes me laugh. I love that. Some people have that gift.

His point about the baggers and their 'every man' candidates and recently installed lunatics is that the founding fathers were intelligent people, accomplished people, and they didn't want religion in government for a reason. Many of the baggers are religious cult members and I even heard one (member of congress or candidate) make a statement that the only allegiance should be to the bible. That pretty well sums it up. They think Christ delivered the Constitution.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and got a couple of laughs out of it.
    "The illusion of freedom will continue as long as it's profitable to continue the illusion. At the point where the illusion becomes too expensive to maintain, they will just take down the scenery, they will pull back the curtains, they will move the tables and chairs out of the way and you will see the brick wall at the back of the theater."
    - Frank Zappa

When the fate of so many rests in the hands of so few, can the failure to be accountable ever be forgiven?

I cant post the video but here is the link (about 1:30 long) SNL about the founding fathers and guns.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/207598/sat...utional-corner
    To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.
    ~President Barack Obama

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
    I don't think his take on religion is his new schtick, he made a movie about it. I agree with him but that's my opinion and at some point I'll put it together in a post with factual information.

He says it and makes me laugh. I love that. Some people have that gift.

His point about the baggers and their 'every man' candidates and recently installed lunatics is that the founding fathers were intelligent people, accomplished people, and they didn't want religion in government for a reason. Many of the baggers are religious cult members and I even heard one (member of congress or candidate) make a statement that the only allegiance should be to the bible. That pretty well sums it up. They think Christ delivered the Constitution.

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed it and got a couple of laughs out of it.
    I did find it funny, Bill is hilarious, even if one disagrees with his p.o.v.
    One just has to laugh at the state of our politics.

Religion and politics have been intertwined throughout our history;
    I have no problem with religion being a motivator for social change, or even to run for office. we have that freedom.

Many of the baggers are religious cult members and I even heard one (member of congress or candidate) make a statement that the only allegiance should be to the bible. That pretty well sums it up.
    I agree, I have MAJOR problems with that mindset.

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

Nice to see liberals ratcheting down their "hateful rhetoric".

This is the standard rotten insulting rhetoric they dish out while demanding baby gloves speech in return.

Too fuckin' funny. Thanks for the prime example.
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker
    eh. some truth, lots of religion bashing ( Bills' new sthick).
    It's not exactly new though.

Some were Diests, some were church goers, some simply believed in a "Creator", some were Christian - but NONE wanted a state church, or living by rules of religion. Prolly his most salient point.
    One part i didn't follow was something like "power must be in the hands of the intelligent, not (something)" Power is in the hands of the ppl thru Representation - that part seemed off.
    Didn't only white land owning males initially have the right to vote? They were pretty much the educated elite of the time.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    E-man proves atheism!

Quote Originally Posted by Environment Man View Post
    Belief in God is the only logical conclusion for anybody with half a brain.
    0 = ∞
    The universe and the quantum world are infinite because God's power is infinite.
    1. 0 = ∞
    2. God's power is ∞
    3. Therefore God's power is 0
    4. A god with 0 power is not a god
    5. Therefore god cannot exist

Quote Originally Posted by MintJulep
    Nice to see liberals ratcheting down their "hateful rhetoric".

This is the standard rotten insulting rhetoric they dish out while demanding baby gloves speech in return.

Too fuckin' funny. Thanks for the prime example.
    I think this is the correct response.....

cry baby.jpg

Please let me know if this is incorrect

To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist.
    ~President Barack Obama

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by T-Cat
    It's not exactly new though.
    Ya. I forgot "Religulous" /I'm pretty neutral on religion -just keep it out of politics (Bills and KEYSER"s points.)

Didn't only white land owning males initially have the right to vote? They were pretty much the educated elite of the time
    So you want to go back to that? Is that what was Bill was advocating? Or just makng a statement? I don't see your point.

have to re-watch the clip after work.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmicRocker
    I did find it funny, Bill is hilarious, even if one disagrees with his p.o.v.
    One just has to laugh at the state of our politics.

Religion and politics have been intertwined throughout our history;
    I have no problem with religion being a motivator for social change, or even to run for office. we have that freedom.

I agree, I have MAJOR problems with that mindset.
    Religion and politics may have been intertwined as motivation for 'some' people but our Constitution guarantees seperation of church and state...the people I referenced above don't agree...they, the dominionists, believe we should have a bible based government..

They don't give a damn about 'all the people'.....
    - Frank Zappa