Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass. attacks illegal Imm. the Right Way

Default Mass. attacks illegal Imm. the Right Way

They don't use a papers please approach

With one lawmaker citing President Lincoln's respect for the rule of law, the Massachusetts Senate passed a far-reaching crackdown this afternoon on illegal immigrants and those who would hire them, going further, senators said, than any immigration bill proposed over the past five years.

In a surprising turn of events, the legislation replaced a narrower bill that was passed Wednesday over the objections of Republicans.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...enate_pas.html

Good for Mass.

Finally, a bill that both makes sense and doesn't discriminate.
    "The American people are not a people anymore; they are an audience" - Kurt Vonnegut

OK so now Mass will find illegals that have jobs. The state will make hundreds of thousands of dollars from fines and be able to get rid of the illegals.

Now what do they do about the illegals that are not working and dealing drugs?

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j
    So, if someone is seen driving without a tag or is suspected of violating the law, vehicular or otherwise, they aren't asked for a drivers license or ID? You must have a lot of crime there.

Another positive move
    Maybe the only logic left IS at the state level.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye2j

With one lawmaker citing President Lincoln's respect for the rule of law, the Massachusetts Senate passed a far-reaching crackdown this afternoon on illegal immigrants and those who would hire them, going further, senators said, than any immigration bill proposed over the past five years.

In a surprising turn of events, the legislation replaced a narrower bill that was passed Wednesday over the objections of Republicans.

http://www.boston.com/news/local/bre...enate_pas.html
    Nobody is being told to present their "papers". They are being asked to supply identification. It's no different than being asked to supply identification when you are applying for a job.
    The only reason people are using the term "papers", is to make it sound all sinister and Nazi-like. Your neural linguistic programming by the media is now complete. Carry on with your bleating.
    Insert obnoxious picture here

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    Nobody is being told to present their "papers". They are being asked to supply identification. It's no different than being asked to supply identification when you are applying for a job.
    The only reason people are using the term "papers", is to make it sound all sinister and Nazi-like. Your neural linguistic programming by the media is now complete. Carry on with your bleating.
    I believe it's the law, for decades, that an immigrant is required to have their Green Card on them at all times. I'm assuming that's for having proper identification when asked.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder
    I believe it's the law, for decades, that an immigrant is required to have their Green Card on them at all times. I'm assuming that's for having proper identification when asked.

Its the law so they can prove their legitimacy to be in this country. Not anymore difficult to carry than a driver's license and just as easily to display upon request.

If you are here legally you should be more than willing to produce it when asked. If you have a problem in producing it then maybe you shouldn't be here in the first place.

Those that have aproblem showing their ID to a peace officer usually have something to hide.