Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AP: Final HC bill shows Obama to be a liar

Default AP: Final HC bill shows Obama to be a liar

I would like to see some of you on the left defend this, but based on what I've seen from this forum, you won't. You all tend to skip stories like this and pretend they don't exist, just like you did when I posted the CBO's update that shows the bill will actually increase the deficit by billions of dollars.

Final health bill omits some of Obama's promises
    By ERICA WERNER, Associated Press Writer
    Friday, March 19, 2010

It was a bold response to skyrocketing health insurance premiums. President Barack Obama would give federal authorities the power to block unreasonable rate hikes.

Yet when Democrats unveiled the final, incarnation of their health care bill this week, the proposal was nowhere to be found.

Ditto with several Republican ideas that Obama had said he wanted to include after a televised bipartisan summit last month, including a plan by Sen. Tom Coburn of Oklahoma to send investigators disguised as patients to hospitals in search of waste, fraud and abuse.

And those "special deals" that Obama railed against and said he wanted to eliminate? With the exception of two of the most notorious extra Medicaid money for Nebraska and a carve-out for Florida seniors faced with losing certain extra Medicare benefits they are all still there.

For the White House, these were the latest unfulfilled commitments related to Obama's health care proposal, starting with his campaign promise to let C-SPAN cameras film negotiations over the bill. Obama also backed down with little apparent regret on his support for a new government-run insurance plan as part of the legislation, a liberal priority.
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...2D40.DTL&tsp=1

I'm shocked, shocked I tell you.

What president has ever been able to push through a bill that the opposition has objected to as much as this one wihout making compromises? I love the misleading title of the post though...very fox news of you.

Quote Originally Posted by Independent Harry
    What president has ever been able to push through a bill that the opposition has objected to as much as this one wihout making compromises? I love the misleading title of the post though...very fox news of you.

Some people say it is very 'Fox News' of him.

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

Must be rough trying to defend a lying demagogue. He makes Bush look like a saint.

So much riding on the passage of the bill tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by MintJulep
    Must be rough trying to defend a lying demagogue. He makes Bush look like a saint.

He didnt give out false information with the help of Fox News to the American people which resulted in hundreds of thousands of people dead and the torture of people.

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

He's a dispicable lying demogague living in a delusion where he has an imaginary Marxist "mandate".

Good luck when reality hits.

Quote Originally Posted by MintJulep
    He's a dispicable lying demogague living in a delusion where he has an imaginary Marxist "mandate".

Good luck when reality hits.
    Crazy talk.

Obama is a piece of shit.