Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party-First Natl. Convention- more popular then rep or dem party

Blog Entries

Default Tea Party-First Natl. Convention- more popular then rep or dem party

Tea Party more popular than Dems, GOP
    Posted: Wednesday, December 16, 2009 5:00 PM by Mark Murray
    Filed Under: Democrats, Republicans, Polls

From NBC's Mark Murray and Domenico Montanaro
    Just how angry is the public with the country's two leading political parties? Angry enough that the conservative, libertarian-leaning Tea Party movement is more popular than either the Democratic or the Republican parties, according to the latest NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll.

The Republican Party maintains its net-negative favorable/unfavorable rating in the poll, with 28 percent viewing it positively and 43 percent seeing it in a negative light.

For the first time in more than two years, the Democratic Party also now holds a net-negative fav/unfav, at 35-45 percent.

By comparison, the NBC/WSJ poll shows the Tea Party movement with a net-positive 41-23 percent score.

Yet looking inside those numbers, more than three-quarters (76 percent) of those who say FOX News is where they get their news see the Tea Party movement positively, versus just 4 percent who see it negatively.

That's a stark contrast to how viewers of the competing cable networks CNN and MSNBC see the movement. More of those viewers have a negative opinion of it (36 percent) than a positive one (24 percent).

Those who get their news mostly from broadcast TV (either NBC, CBS or ABC) are split -- 28 percent view it positively, versus 27 percent who view it negatively.

The entire NBC/Journal poll comes out at 6:30 pm ET
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Before I left work today (half a day - no work), I heard Glenn Beck on the radio - warning people about the GOP trying to co-opt the Tea Party movement.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

Blog Entries

Many in the tea party movement (a thread I posted a couple weeks ago) are trying to take over the gop.......... So it would only be natural the gop would try to do the same.........

I think I read earlier today that Palin is going to be speaking & encouraging them to stick w/ the gop.............

I am not sure what to think about it @ this point......... It is not a party, yet, but the movement is bigger than either party says a lot about the weight they can throw around......

They don't seem to have coherent agenda & agreed upon goals but a lot of that could be hammered out here... Also I think once they set those goals & ideals some are gonna walk away......
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

They are united in stopping the destruction of this country and its Constitution by the current regime.

The rest is inside baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by Revere
    They are united in stopping the destruction of this country and its Constitution by the current regime.

Then they are a day late and a dollar short. They should have worried more about the previous regime.
    “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.”

Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Then they are a day late and a dollar short. They should have worried more about the previous regime.

And many others over the last 40 years. This liberialism crapola and tearing away at America has been a progressive ongoing thing for decades and now that the econ. is so bad, people are taking notice of what our politicians are doing.... Duh! Anyway, better late than not putting in an appearance at all.....
    "It isn't always easy maintaining a positive attitude, but it remains the better choice between the two."

Me, myself and I......

It's better to be united as one than to be ripped, shattered and parted out....
    "It isn't always easy maintaining a positive attitude, but it remains the better choice between the two."

Me, myself and I......

Quote Originally Posted by Binky
    And many others over the last 40 years. This liberialism crapola and tearing away at America has been a progressive ongoing thing for decades and now that the econ. is so bad, people are taking notice of what our politicians are doing.... Duh! Anyway, better late than not putting in an appearance at all.....
    Liberals haven't been in a position of power since the days of Lyndon Johnson, Binky. I believe if you really take an unbiased look at it you will find that this country has moved to the right over the past forty years and that it has been governed mostly by conservative and neoconservative policies.
    “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.”

Kurt Vonnegut

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    Liberals haven't been in a position of power since the days of Lyndon Johnson, Binky. I believe if you really take an unbiased look at it you will find that this country has moved to the right over the past forty years and that it has been governed mostly by conservative and neoconservative policies.
    YEP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Howard Zinn

Louis D. Brandeis

Blog Entries

HAHahheeeee.....................lol

You know they are not trying to take over the dem party, it is your party they are after...........lol
    Howard Zinn

Louis D. Brandeis