Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot

Default Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot

Tea Party Tops GOP on Three-Way Generic Ballot

Running under the Tea Party brand may be better in congressional races than being a Republican.

In a three-way Generic Ballot test, the latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds Democrats attracting 36% of the vote. The Tea Party candidate picks up 23%, and Republicans finish third at 18%. Another 22% are undecided.

Among voters not affiliated with either major party, the Tea Party comes out on top. Thirty-three percent (33%) prefer the Tea Party candidate, and 30% are undecided. Twenty-five percent (25%) would vote for a Democrat, and just 12% prefer the GOP.

Among Republican voters, 39% say they’d vote for the GOP candidate, but 33% favor the Tea Party option.

For this survey, the respondents were asked to assume that the Tea Party movement organized as a new political party. In practical terms, it is unlikely that a true third-party option would perform as well as the polling data indicates. The rules of the election process—written by Republicans and Democrats--provide substantial advantages for the two established major parties. The more conventional route in the United States is for a potential third-party force to overtake one of the existing parties.

The standard Generic Congressional Ballot shows Republicans holding a modest lead over Democrats. It appears that the policies of the Obama administration and the Democratic Congress are currently enough to unite both those who prefer Republicans and those who prefer the Tea Party route.

Data from the Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll shows that just 55% of conservatives nationwide consider themselves Republicans. Recent polling shows that 73% of Republican voters believe their leaders in Washington are out of touch with the party base.

Republican voters are paying a lot more attention to the Tea Party movement than anyone else. Forty-three percent (43%) of GOP voters are following news about the movement Very Closely. Another 30% are following it Somewhat Closely. Just 12% of Democrats are following stories about the Tea Party movement Very Closely.

Seventy percent (70%) of Republican voters have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party movement while only seven percent (7%) offer an unfavorable view. Interestingly, 49% of Democrats have no opinion one way or the other.

Among unaffiliated voters, 43% have a favorable opinion of the Tea Party efforts while 20% say the opposite.

Forty-one percent (41%) of all voters nationwide say Republicans and Democrats are so much alike that a new party is needed to represent the American people. Republicans are evenly divided on this question, while Democrats overwhelmingly disagree. However, among those not affiliated with either major party, 60% agree that a new party is needed, and only 25% disagree. Men are far more likely than women to believe a new party is needed.

As for the voting preference, the Tea Party bests the GOP among both men and women and in all age groups except those over 65.

The Tea Party candidates are the first choice among political conservatives. Among moderates, the Tea Party candidates are more popular than Republicans. However, nearly half of all moderate voters prefer a Democrat.

Among the Political Class, not a single respondent picked the Tea Party candidate.

However, among those with populist or Mainstream views, 31% prefer the Tea Party, and 26% are undecided. Twenty-three percent (23%) pick a Republican candidate, and 19% are for the Democrat (See more on the Political Class-Mainstream divide).

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...generic_ballot
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

It sure looks as if the Tea Party is going to continue to fracture the GOP. It sure looks like it might be another good election for the Dems should this trend continue.
    “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.”

Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by bairdi
    It sure looks as if the Tea Party is going to continue to fracture the GOP. It sure looks like it might be another good election for the Dems should this trend continue.
    Look closely at the article concerning the unafilliated. All in all, through the different questions asked it shows that a huge percentage of the population is sick of the two-party staus quo. And we still have a year before the elections.
    "I am not a number. I am a free man!"

I think the Democrats better look inward a little bit. In addition to a whole bunch of Republicans being sick and tired of the status quo so are there many Democrats getting fed up with their own party.

A Third Party may well be the way to go for both Republicans and Democrats who are sick and tired of both parties failing to meet their needs.

There actually are members of both parties that put America before their Party affiliation and are sick of the crap being handed to us by Congress.

Quote Originally Posted by foxbaron
    I think the Democrats better look inward a little bit. In addition to a whole bunch of Republicans being sick and tired of the status quo so are there many Democrats getting fed up with their own party.

A Third Party may well be the way to go for both Republicans and Democrats who are sick and tired of both parties failing to meet their needs.

There actually are members of both parties that put America before their Party affiliation and are sick of the crap being handed to us by Congress.
    There is that.
    Insert obnoxious picture here

Blog Entries

Well first let me say it is just unAmerican to use tea as a party........ You need an animal, bear, moose, jackass or elephant etc..............

I propose the Loon--- Great bird & related to the eagle somewhere down the line I guess............

& I do agree that there are elements in both parties getting pissed......... But I only see the Loons taking action.......

Where as ppl on the right w/ the ass are mostly republicans & the occasional libertarian, most ppl on the left--->>> & I mean the real ones, are not democrats............

So................................................ ...??????

Is there some common ground we can dig????
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Smurf-Herder
    Look closely at the article concerning the unafilliated. All in all, through the different questions asked it shows that a huge percentage of the population is sick of the two-party staus quo. And we still have a year before the elections.
    Yep. I'm non-aligned (unafilliated).
    I want some responcible spending, not this constant Pork, and deficit ceiling raising.

The Republicans didn'tr offer that, the Dem's NEVER do -
    so I guess you can call be a "Bagger"

Once disentangled, remain in the blissful state of ultimate tanglementlessness.

As a disgruntled leftie, I can say without a doubt, that I am in no way interested in any affiliation with the tea-baggers.

I would rather vote for Alfred E Newman than join Glenn Beck and his band of merry retards.
    You don't make heroes out of warlocks

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-W
    As a disgruntled leftie, I can say without a doubt, that I am in no way interested in any affiliation with the tea-baggers.

I would rather vote for Alfred E Newman than join Glenn Beck and his band of merry retards.
    I think you are over reacting here just a bit

In the other thread some of them seemed to be reaching out w/ some compassion.......... Offering poor welfare moms jobs in Mexico picking strawberries........... & besides institutionalizing her kids @ a younger age will prepare them for adulthood in the penitentiary..

Think of the money that could be saved & used to pay off debt........... Like those poor folks on wallstreet.... Will those poor ppl ever be able to come out from under all that debt................. (weeping smiley here)

Now you go put on a few extra pounds & we will see about getting you a sign to hold @ the next rally.........
    We judge ourselves by our ideals; others by their actions.
    Howard Zinn

We can have democracy in this country, or we can have great wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both.

Louis D. Brandeis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Brian-W

If you are a lefty (and you are) you are already affiliated with the tea-baggers.