Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Ten Liberal Myths of American Health Care: A Citizens Guide

Default Top Ten Liberal Myths of American Health Care: A Citizens Guide

This is a must read. This is a book by Sally Pipes that addresses the problems in the American Healthcare system.

From http://medpolitics.com/content/The-T...Citizens-Guide

The book challenges the conventional belief that only government can fix our health care system. In fact, says Ms. Pipes, "government overreach has put the system in a state of crisis."

You can buy this book or view it here on-line:

http://liberty.pacificresearch.org/d..._Ten_Myths.pdf

She talks about some of the causes of rising Healthcare costs and some common sense solutions. For example, in 1979 there were only 252 insurance mandate laws across the country but in 2007, there were 1,901. These mandate laws require insurance to cover a myrid of procedures that are unnecessary but were promoted by special interst groups.

Shel also addresses the fact that companies receive tax breaks for providing employer based insurance and that if that same break was made available to individual citizens, it would make insurance more affordable to everyone.

It is a great read and makes a lot of sense. But if you read nothing else, start at page 146 "Solutions: Markets, Consumer Choice and Innovation". This is something Obama and the Congress should read.

But then again, that would deprive them of their agenda which is to control our lives in as many aspects as possible.

Sally Pipes? The Canadian woman who goes around bashing her home country?

She gets totally ripped apart in debates with Canadians on health care.

She basically got ran out of intellectual circles in Canada. No respectable Canadian expert would even entertain her false premises, cherry picked facts and awkward delivery.

I saw her in a debate or some kind of a talk once in Toronto. She tried arguing that everyone goes to the U.S. to get health care. She used Italian president Sylvio Berlusconi as an example. As if every single Italian is as wealthy and has the same resources as him.

I never seen a crowd laugh at someone before. But laugh they did, considering her example was beyond ridiculous and so far flung from reality.

Her facial expression was priceless.

Last I heard, she's going around making the same speeches now - only in the U.S for the CATO institute.

No one with serious credentials even listens to her in Canada.
    Last edited by The_Limit; 08-07-2009 at 04:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Limit
    Sally Pipes? The Canadian woman who goes around bashing her home country?

She gets totally ripped apart in debates with Canadians on health care.

She basically got ran out of intellectual circles in Canada. No respectable Canadian expert would even entertain her false premises, cherry picked facts and awkward delivery.

I saw her in a debate or some kind of a talk once in Toronto. She tried arguing that everyone goes to the U.S. to get health care. She used Italian president Sylvio Berlusconi as an example. As if every single Italian is as wealthy and has the same resources as him.

I never seen a crowd laugh at someone before. but they laugh they did, considering her example was beyond ridiculous and so far flung from reality.

Her facial expression was priceless.

Last I heard, she's going around making the same speeches now - only in the U.S for the CATO institute.

No one with serious credentials even listens to her in Canada.
    Instead of throwing stones at the author, how about addressing some of the solutions that are proposed? I know that is harder to do, but give it a shot once.

Quote Originally Posted by GetAClue
    Instead of throwing stones at the author, how about addressing some of the solutions that are proposed? I know that is harder to do, but give it a shot once.
    Because I have heard of her before. She is nothing new, quite below average and has largely been discredited in her home country. I think people deserve a little background on the sources anyone brings to the table. Especially a source like Sally Pipes, who is not taken seriously anywhere. Except of course in a partisan context.

It is fair game to question an author's track record, and certainly important.

But if you want me to play your game, fine.

What exactly do you want me to comment on?

Because I have heard of her before. She is nothing new, quite below average and has largely been discredited in her home country. I think people deserve a little background on the sources anyone brings to the table. Especially a source like Sally Pipes, who is not taken seriously anywhere. Except of course in a partisan context.

It is fair game to question an author's track record, and certainly important.
    I believe that any individual can be ridiculed with scorn given the proper audience. Just because you and some other liberal Canadians do not view her as credible does not make it is so.

But if you want me to play your game, fine.

What exactly do you want me to comment on?
    The solutions that she proposes.

I believe that any individual can be ridiculed with scorn given the proper audience. Just because you and some other liberal Canadians do not view her as credible does not make it is so.

You're mistaken, Mr. Clue. There is no ridicule because of who she is.

The ridicule is directed at what she says, ie her Berlusconi example.

What solution is that? Pick one, so we can stay focused and not head off in tangents.

GetAClue is playing the same tired game we've seen from so-called conservatives since the advent of Lee Atwater and his protege Karl Rove.

Here's how it works, as GetAClue just illustrated so well:

1. Locate a source for the false propaganda you wish to spread, the more bullet items (that is, the more lies) the better. It does not matter if the source is Rush Limbaugh or just a garden variety nutcase like this Sally Pipes woman.

2. Open a discussion (here, at work, wherever) on the topic using the false propaganda for 'evidence'.

3. When the false propaganda is soundly refuted by anyone with an IQ above room temperature, insist they read the false propaganda and answer each and every ridiculous charge before allowing their lib'ral bias to automatically discount them.

4. When told it's a waste of time to methodically refute one lie after another until your mind is numb, and proves nothing, ask why liberals are so damn lazy.

Voila! - Mr. co-called Conservative 'wins' another argument!

Quote Originally Posted by Thai Kimchi
    GetAClue is playing the same tired game we've seen from so-called conservatives since the advent of Lee Atwater and his protege Karl Rove.

Here's how it works, as GetAClue just illustrated so well:

1. Locate a source for the false propaganda you wish to spread, the more bullet items (that is, the more lies) the better. It does not matter if the source is Rush Limbaugh or just a garden variety nutcase like this Sally Pipes woman.

2. Open a discussion (here, at work, wherever) on the topic using the false propaganda for 'evidence'.

3. When the false propaganda is soundly refuted by anyone with an IQ above room temperature, insist they read the false propaganda and answer each and every ridiculous charge before allowing their lib'ral bias to automatically discount them.

4. When told it's a waste of time to methodically refute one lie after another until your mind is numb, and proves nothing, ask why liberals are so damn lazy.

Voila! - Mr. co-called Conservative 'wins' another argument!
    And even when you take the time to refute the one lie after another, they turn around and repeat it as truth again. Good observation and post Thai.
    “Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne.”

Kurt Vonnegut

Liberal Canadians is there such thing as a Conservative Canadian?

Senior Member California Chrome's Avatar

Excellent read, GAC.

None of the claims will be refuted (as you can see already) but plan on being called a bunch of names. It's always the last refuge of someone losing an argument.
    Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof.