PDA

View Full Version : The Blasphemy Challenge

Bill
05-05-2007, 04:38 PM
I still haven't figured out how to embed a freekin video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

Betty Blowtorch
05-05-2007, 10:15 PM
I don't know how to do it either. Wouldn't you need
an image hosting service like Image Shack to host the
videos? Image Shack only hosts images or videos with
a file size of less than 1.5 megabytes, which allows me
to post only brief, small video files like animated gifs.

Betty Blowtorch
05-05-2007, 11:18 PM
I think Image Shack only hosts small video files
like these:

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/1950/wtc7smallkl4.gif
gif file size: 58 KB

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/4241/wtc7si8.gif
gif file size: 1.32 MB

Maybe YouTube is essentially a video hosting service,
and the best we can do is to link to a YouTube video,
as you did.

Or is there another way to post longer videos?

Bill
05-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Now that I think about it, Linkster said once that there needed to be a settings change in the board software to allow embedding youtube videos, which are I think in some kind of flash format.

I don't know enough about this software to risk monkeying with it tho...

Allowing flash might allow people to plant malware in a page - i gather this is less of a problem than it used to be, if your browser and security is up to date, but all things considered it's probably better just to keep using links.

LadyMod at scam.com
07-14-2007, 09:20 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7QVbJnSPQE

On Youtube below the link you posted is another line that says "embed" you copy and paste that one instead. Below would be the video you referenced. However, it won't show because the Administrator hasn't enabled the forum scripting for that. He should talk to the owner of scam.com who is a friend of his anyway and find out how to enable it if he doesn't know how.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7QVbJnSPQE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/i7QVbJnSPQE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Bill
07-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Well, yeah, I know how to embed a video in a script that allows it. ;-}

But, as you see, the settings here don't allow it, which is kinda too bad.

I keep meaning to ask Tommy, who has the master access to the script, to see if theres a setting that would allow video embedding - but, I also see the down side, which is that activex can be used to stick virii onto the browser of a person with a badly maintained copy of windows, at least in potential.

I'd also like to see something done about the length of time a post is kept in the "new" listing - sometimes I mean to get back to a thread, but it's fallen into the past listings, even if I haven't read all the posts in the thread, and I'm too freekin busy to hunt the thread down...

Kinky Jones
07-14-2007, 08:54 PM
i just bought a copy of the dvd from ebay...

my buddy was telling me last night that his grandma who is a strict lifelong catholic was in mass the other night and had a bad heart attack... and the idiots all thought it was a sign from god! well except his family whom it was a small tragedy for but she is doing better now :)

when you are dumb enough to believe that god will give you a heart attack while you are worshipping him how come you can't see that if it's true god is an asshole? and more importantly, do i pass the challenge with that question?

the same buddy was in Baltimore on business and witnessed this story (http://www.abc2news.com/mostpopular/story.aspx?content_id=c60da95c-f15e-4d69-b66f-cd8c0acc4b82) about a church getting struck by lightning, catching on fire, and partially burning up... again a sign from god right? only there were people, again his worshippers, inside! why did god try to kill those people???? he must, i mean has just gotta be an asshole...

Oldbrad
07-14-2007, 09:23 PM
Looks like an interesting film. I have always been in to religion, as far as actual historical facts. Not the burning bush, parting sea, etc., but the actual lives of these characters.

As far as the actual belief in one "god" as a supreme leader i am quite a hypocrite in that i don't really believe yet i don't not believe. It's very far fetched to think some floating man is watching over and controlling every move, but at the same time if i'm wrong i'm fucked lol.

Brad

LadyMod at scam.com
07-14-2007, 11:14 PM
Well, yeah, I know how to embed a video in a script that allows it. ;-}

But, as you see, the settings here don't allow it, which is kinda too bad.

I keep meaning to ask Tommy, who has the master access to the script, to see if theres a setting that would allow video embedding - but, I also see the down side, which is that activex can be used to stick virii onto the browser of a person with a badly maintained copy of windows, at least in potential.

We haven't had anyone complaining about that happening where I am usually at.

I'd also like to see something done about the length of time a post is kept in the "new" listing - sometimes I mean to get back to a thread, but it's fallen into the past listings, even if I haven't read all the posts in the thread, and I'm too freekin busy to hunt the thread down...

LOL , you need some Neocons on here to keep the threads stirred up. I'll see if I can convince a few off the forum I moderate to come play in this sandbox for awhile.

You all are so civil here, they might just do it. :D

LM

LadyMod at scam.com
07-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Looks like an interesting film. I have always been in to religion, as far as actual historical facts. Not the burning bush, parting sea, etc., but the actual lives of these characters.

As far as the actual belief in one "god" as a supreme leader i am quite a hypocrite in that i don't really believe yet i don't not believe. It's very far fetched to think some floating man is watching over and controlling every move, but at the same time if i'm wrong i'm fucked lol.

Brad

There is "religion" which even Jesus condemned and which seems to be the brand of "christianity" that is prevelant today. And then there is a spiritual walk.

I left "religion" long ago. Spritually, I've grown much faster than I ever did in a church. Church/religion is OK for a foundation but they only give you balsa wood to build "your spiritual house" with and then wonder why you have a spiritual walk that avails you nothing in life.

LM

paulm
07-14-2007, 11:33 PM
There is "religion" which even Jesus condemned and which seems to be the brand of "christianity" that is prevelant today. And then there is a spiritual walk.

I left "religion" long ago. Spritually, I've grown much faster than I ever did in a church. Church/religion is OK for a foundation but they only give you balsa wood to build "your spiritual house" with and then wonder why you have a spiritual walk that avails you nothing in life.

LM

ding... ding... ding... We have a winner!!

I've seen this video before... personally... long story/short... I was taught there is much more to it than just the 'goings on" in the video. I found the video laughable.

Hi LM :hi:

LadyMod at scam.com
07-14-2007, 11:46 PM
ding... ding... ding... We have a winner!!

I've seen this video before... personally... long story/short... I was taught there is much more to it than just the 'goings on" in the video. I found the video laughable.

Hey Paul! :hi:

Glad to see you.

LM

Kinky Jones
07-15-2007, 02:04 AM
i mainly bought the dvd because it should be fun to combine it with a few friends and some THC :D the words of man that religious folk take as the word of god is usually good for some giggles