PDA

View Full Version : we are ALL completely full of SH**T!!!!

Scouty
04-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Reality Starts HERE, my friends!!

http://www.pointlesswasteoftime.com/civilwar.html

This is a must-read for ALL of us online-news junkie-blogger-types. Be ye a Dem or a Repub, this REALLY made me want to 'check myself' and it is the most common sense thing I have read on the internet to date.

I am sure you will all enjoy, as I did.

:o)

stefan segal
04-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Scouty...Hi, and welcome. The piece you arer drawing your revelations from is a biased piece of disinformation.

In the first place, it's conclusions are drawn intire, from the premis that internet users are not only ignorant, but can't tell the difference between Nat'l Equirer/Star type idiocy and what is rational.

That this self agrandizing asshole mentions 9/11 ...especially in terms of the missle that hit the pentagon, proves the guy must be deaf, dumb and blind...or simply a garden varity repug liar.

That you are impressed by his crap, IMO, casts your mental processing under a cloud.

The internet diseminates news into the mainstream that is otherwise surpressed in the broadcast networks. The bloggers break stories and fuel them to build until something is done about it in the government.
The blooger lead the news and force the commercial networks to investigate and print...or loose their credability altogether.

I believe you should take a second look for yourself a the nieche blooger fill and serve to democracy...unless spreading disinformation is your aim.

Stefan

Scouty
04-07-2007, 08:44 PM
The truth of the matter is, Stephan, that i fully realize that this is a crack-pot Brit bloggist himself, but I am having a great laugh because you can't deny that some of the humor of it all rings true underneath the surface. I am not talking about the "OMG we are going to DESTROY the country with the internet!!" No no... I am enjoying another's outside view of at least SOME of what is American reality, and it is quite funny.

This is purely for entertainment purposes, with perhaps a microscopic reality check here and there.

;)
Thanks for the welcome.

Bill
04-07-2007, 08:53 PM
I tried to read it, but don't have enough patience to get to the point.

What was the point, if I might ask?

As in, whats the author's thesis, beyond "americans are dumb", which is pretty much self-evident.

Scouty
04-07-2007, 08:58 PM
... the comical serousness with which we take OURSELVES is a reason why we are no longer respected on the world's stage... it is not our government. It is just doing what it has always done. And so are we.

Nothing really groundbreaking and new. Simply, as I said before, entertaining. Might be entertaining to some.

stefan segal
04-07-2007, 11:31 PM
Scouty...you are attempting to weasle out of your statement in the innitial post. The only salient points of the article you lauded so highly were:

Don't read bloggers because they only print bogus information.

That people reading blogs are so stupid as to believe 9/11 was perpetrated by that cocksucker in the oval office.

That americans are generally stupid and will believe anything they read.

You said the illumination of these "facts'' clued you into REALITY...now you are dodging and weaving trying to wriggle out ...back up your words or admit
your mouth overloaded your asshole.

Stefan

Scouty
04-07-2007, 11:47 PM
Well, we ARE in fact, THAT stupid, on both sides. And if we can't see our own stupidity, and even laugh at how ridiculous we are, then we'll remain blind.

And I knew it was only a matter of time before a liberal would chase me down and ram a 4-alarm firestorm down my throat on this forum, which I have been reading for a long time, just not signed on to.

Take care.

stefan segal
04-08-2007, 02:23 AM
Another sidestep Scouty...and when claiming stupidity,speak for yourself alone.

I think what you aren't realizing is that anything exceeding your comprehension doesn't exist for you...although it remains very real for the rest of the world.

aside from that...I want you to understand that I am stomping on an idea here...not you personally...although I am not so cynical not to believe in the hope that you might also learn to read more critically and less of the easy acceptance of what you might recognize as partisan.

Stefan

Linkster
04-08-2007, 06:31 PM
Man - ya'll need to lighten up - that whole website and every article on it are spoofs and satires - all done by the cheeseheads group
If you like Monty Python and National Lampoon then that is the type of articles they are
Dont take anything over there seriously - its not supposed to be - but I guess some just dont get it :lmao2: