PDA

View Full Version : The Iraq budget situation

Ice
04-02-2007, 04:21 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070401/...y6S42VchayFz4D

My first post here - ok my first point is this, we won the war in iraq, how so? because it ended a long time ago, we beat their army and took down their government, plain fact

since then it has been an occupation, not a war, and when u are an occupation, u have freedom fighters, which the insurgents are, we dont want to admit to either but its the fact of it, now if we can admit that, i think the ppl who are against the withdrawl would be more for it,

it is not declaring defeat, it is telling the iraq govt. "heres your last chance to help yourself, here it is, take it or leave it", this whole fools notion we can keep going like this, is crazy, we are gong to bankrupt our country, wait or did we already? we are going to run out of troops, and here comes the draft, bush knows both, but he wants to make it to 08 so he can pass the buck to the next president

the job cant be finished with the way iraq is, see, they assume ppl like the ones who voted against, will always be there, so they wont compromise with each other, instead they just fight each other to try to win so they get everything,

Iraq is in a civil war, its just not as widespread because of us, but all we are doing is plugging a cracked dam with our fingers, eventually its all going to come out anyway, but if they know we are gong to leave, they will be more willing to compromise (the current govt) and maybe peace will come from that

Linkster
04-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Actually I think that this budget issue is going to be a non-issue after the new bill that will be introduced to require that all soldiers be out within 120 days - the budget end of the whole issue has been played by the media and the white house a little too much as it really isnt money thats needed to support any troops - at least until July sometime - then it might start cutting into how much we can pay Haliburtons contract soldiers

Todays news release is here - http://feingold.senate.gov/~feingold/releases/07/20070402.html