PDA

View Full Version : Which is dumber - Right Wing Evangelicals or Rank and File Republicans?

Bill
03-31-2007, 05:30 PM
Both groups got royally screwed by Bushco, and I do mean turned out, pimped raw, mutted bad, rough and ugly bumped beyond belief, take me to the hospital please screwed...

But I think the rank and file repubs were dumber.

The evangelicals didn't have two brain cells to rub together in the first place, so they didn't have so far to fall in the old dumbness race.

But your basic mom-and-pop republican, like, say, my wife's parents - damn those poor pathetic suckers took it hard.

They thought they were voting for conservative family values, bring back the good old days when the coloreds knew their place, the only approved drugs were ciggies and booze (and everybody knows how safe those are, why, we've been drinking and smokkin' bakky since we were kids), the women stayed in the house and minded the kiddies, and the kiddies never talked back or they got the strap.

This is what they got - http://www.theledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070329/ZNYT01/703290584/1001/BUSINESS

"The gains went largely to the top 1 percent, whose incomes rose to an average of more than $1.1 million each, an increase of more than $139,000, or about 14 percent.

The new data also shows that the top 300,000 Americans collectively enjoyed almost as much income as the bottom 150 million Americans. Per person, the top group received 440 times as much as the average person in the bottom half earned, nearly doubling the gap from 1980."

The christians - well, they just got squat. They got Iraq, which is worse than squat.

Of course, them christians love seein' a good raghead killin'. So maybe the entertainment value of Iraq is enough for them to salve the chafing of the screwin' they took.

Linkster
04-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Bill - the Christians got their battle of "good and evil" which they have been waiting for for 1650 years
The repubs got squat like you say - but Im sure that somewhere they will find a good Barry Goldwater lookalike which will help them in the long run - but right now I would say that whoever they put up in 2008 has a heck of a lot of backpedaling to do if they want to regain confidence in the party