PDA

View Full Version : Bank Bypass Surgery, NOW

disrupter
02-17-2009, 09:18 AM
My thought is that since the banks have become a clogged up, corrupted mess, incapable of lending money even to reasonable credit risks,

Bypass the banks altogether.

When your major heart artery is clogged you get bypass surgery to keep blood flowing to vital organs.

If you don't do it quick you DIE!

If there are some solvent banks left they could be utilized as a conduit of economy life-saving credit,

but if there aren't any,
then create a temporary federal bank for lending money.

Get that money out to worthy consumers & businesses,
& do it NOW.

Instead of wasting time & money trying to salvage the wreckage of a defunct banking system,
get credit going NOW.
Worry about bank triage over the longer term.

If there are worthy/solvent banks, then tell them they can loan as much money within the next 6 or 12 months & the fed will loan them the same amount at zero percent interest for the next 5 or 10 years [or the term of the loan if sooner], after which it goes to the prime rate.

That will give them a huge incentive to lend to any reasonable risk customers.

The DC neurotics act like there is some obsessive reason to prop up bankrupt & failed institutions.
And they are wasting fucking precious time in the process.
The reason these banks failed is because they used reckless policies.
That should not be rewarded, especially at taxpayers expense.

They are being silly.
Get the fucking retail credit market going & do it NOW,

otherwise the recession will drag into a depression & they will slit their own political throats in the process.

kres24GT
02-17-2009, 09:48 AM
That would be a colossal disaster, it's actually so scary I don't even want to think about it. Better bet, let those banks who are unscrupulous go out of business and be replaced. Don't bail them out.

Captain Obvious
02-17-2009, 10:52 AM
That would be a colossal disaster, it's actually so scary I don't even want to think about it. Better bet, let those banks who are unscrupulous go out of business and be replaced. Don't bail them out.

I agree with that to some degree.

I'm not for regulating, but the liberals are going to stick their greasy hands into this mess as deep as they can unfortunately.

Some economists are suggesting that our financial institutions need to become smaller to "hedge" the potential of this ever happening again. First, I'm not sure how you would do that aside from regulation and second, I'm not sure it wouldn't have led to a lot of small banks imploding rather than a handful of large institutions.

disrupter
02-17-2009, 03:51 PM
kres24GT,

the point is NOT to hold the economy & credit market hostage to failed banks.

That way letting them fail IS an option.

Hog Trash
02-17-2009, 09:12 PM
but if there aren't any,
then create a temporary federal bank for lending money.
..............................:lmao2:

disrupter
02-17-2009, 11:44 PM
I don't care.

Let the whole country & global economy go to hell.

I am pretty well covered short of rioting.

kiss ma grits. LOL

it's your country & your jobs you are losing down the river.
my game is tighter than yours.

kres24GT
02-18-2009, 09:02 AM
Letting them fail should be the only option. Going federal is scary though. Corrupt politicians in charge of our banking system.... wow @ anyone wanting this.

disrupter
02-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Well there are probably some solvent banks who have exercised only prudent, sensible lending.

Those would be perfect vehicles to expand responsible lending. Rewarding the responsible for a change.

But if they aren't available or if they aren't sufficient [or aren't available in some regions] then a federal bank could fill in, in the mean time.

If we don't get responsible lending going we can kiss the economy goodbye,
possibly for a very long time.

That would be just a silly thing to do, IMO.

Hog Trash
02-18-2009, 12:58 PM
If we don't get responsible lending going we can kiss the economy goodbye,
possibly for a very long time.
When "responsible lending" practices are decided by liberals, we get the kind of housing mortgage financial crisis that we are are now facing.

Much thanks too Barney Frank and Christopher Dodd who are largely responsible for this fucking mess we're in...I'll bet idiot voters re-elect them.

Liberal Democrat Congressman Barney Frank, Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee,

Liberal Democrat Senator Christopher Dodd, Chairman of the Senate Banking Committee.

http://mcauleysworld.wordpress.com/2008/09/22/obama-deregulation-caused-this-crisis-an-ignorant-claim-or-political-spin/

disrupter
02-19-2009, 10:08 AM
No, you poor predjudiced bigot who can only see things through your twisted perspective,

'responsible lending standards' are what have been demonstrated by historical data to be viably supportable.

Hoggy babe, your whole frame of reference is wracked & bend.
I guess that alcohol really fucks you up.

Mr. Blue
02-19-2009, 12:37 PM
....banks have become a clogged up, corrupted mess

Replacing one corrupt entity with another one doesn't really work. What I mean to say is you could switch the word bank in that sentence with Politicians, The Government, etc, etc, and it would still work...

We need to clean out our institutions from corruption. I believe most politicians are on the take, they're corrupt, they lack moral guidance. I believe most bankers are in the same position.

I almost want to say it's time to have a third entity removed from the system to review ethics of these establishments, etc.

disrupter
02-19-2009, 02:39 PM
There ARE good responsible lending institutions,
Credit Unions & many FDIC banks.

You people just don't seem to get it.

You need to get lending going at the retail interface.

Stupidity is its own punishment as you seem so ready to inflict on yourselves.
I think American's biggest problem is a lot of corrupt, messed up brains.

Oh well, it is no skin off my nose,
burn yourselves if you want to.

When you are all too broke to buy gasoline or plain ole dead it will make global warming a much easier problem to deal with.

good riddance to intellectual garbage.