PDA

View Full Version : Jesus copuld come back as GOP candidate for president & yuou still wouldn't win

imgonnaeaturlunch
03-14-2007, 03:41 PM
That's how bad things are for republicans. You didn't learn the 1st time with H so now you've gotten twice the bang for your buck with W. Serves you right. It's so bad, Pat Robberson predicted on his show today that he really believes that since Hillary Clinton appears to be primed to win the prersidency,& with the republicans having nothing to offer but a bunch of candidates that have been married 3 & 4 times, that this is a sign that Jesus is about to make his encore performance. And of course Robberson is certain he'll run as a republican.

stefan segal
03-14-2007, 05:54 PM
EURL...you are right on with the butch crime family...of course pat R. has a different jesus than Jesus... apparently pat's jesus would be conned by such prattle as: "I'm a joiner...not a divider." and say "that's the same as I think...", and "compassionate conservative"...and pat's jesus would say: "WOW...I'm the Eastern distributor...or a least the Middle Eartern distributor, of compassion...and I'm only radical on Sundays...I must be a repug!"

I can believe that pat's jesus made pat and his peanut gallery of morons in one of his off days when he wasn't in drag but doing the big beard thing. Their brand of arrogant-ignorance all seem too similar not to be at least related...related like his brother jumped his sister related...I'm surprised there are no paintings of pat's jesus with his banjo patiently waiting for some outsider to walk up to his porch with a guitar looking for a duet.

Magic moments...leave them to pat and his repug jesus. Do you really watch pat R? I watched him once...he sat at his desk giving out nonsense advice on how to identify faggots...excuse me that was ann coulter, you really get morraly polluted listening to these repugs...I meant to say: gays...and the contortions god goes through everytime one of them greases up his joystick, when he broke off into a bit of really poor vaudvillian overacting. He dropped his head into his hand...and speaking to his desktop, he says: "I see a woman with hemroids out there" with this, he makes a sweep with his hand that is to include all of the viewing public...is head still down toward the desk. then he raised his head to face-on into the camera: "Goooad...help this poor woman...place you healing hands upon her pain and snatch away that which troubles this woman of god...make her a perfect asshole like the rest of us."
I think I cried...pat was so moving...what saved me from falling to pieces completely was that it switched to station break with a preparation H add going full bore...talk about coincidences.

Pat's audience doesn't piss themselves laughing as I did...they believed this snakeoil huckster...and each of their votes negates a dem vote...

Stefan

Bill
03-14-2007, 05:58 PM
That's too bad. I think what america would benefit the most from in '08 is a weak republican president.

If a dem is elected, and the republicans are left with a shred of dignity, the media, which is owned by the same people who control the repubs, will crucify the dems and blame them for the clusterfuck which will be the next phase of Georgies War.

A weak repub pres facing a strong dem congress will draw out the shaming of the repubs, increasing the chance that the corrupted media will get the punishment they deserve.

Mr. Blue
03-14-2007, 10:43 PM
Republicans will win in '08

I'm not a Rep or Dem, but I can see how the democrats are going to beat each other senseless in the primaries and whoever wins the nomination will most likely run on the ticket of, "We're not Republicans!" and fall short of the white house because of a lack of a coherent platform, an inability to mobilize the party beyond it's radical core.

Linkster
03-15-2007, 08:44 AM
There is no way the manufacturers of voting machines will ever allow another democratic president :)

stefan segal
03-15-2007, 08:51 AM
Blue...if you watch the House in action for a day or two...I think you will arrive at a new oppinion about dems not having a program and can leave repug claptrap behind you.

There is history being done here...step by step unraveilng the garrot repugs have been slowly strangling our freedoms to death.

This is an exciting time in politics...but if you expect the dems to be able to yell Sashazaam and puch through walls of repug's carefully constructed fascist takeover of the government in a single blow...you need to go back to civics 101 and learn something about he system you live under.

Don't allow some tired attitudes to keep you from seeing what is happening right under your nose...it IS exciting.

Stefan

Linkster
03-15-2007, 12:10 PM
stefan - I do watch them all the time - now you know from the past Im not Rep or Dem - however I have seen the Dems completely reverse themselves on their "first 100 hrs" plan - and go back to the same old wimps and bought politicians they have always been - I believe one of their main points before the election was that they were going to NOT be sticking to the old 3 day a week workweek - ole Nancy even used it to help a bunch of new people get elected - and they have yet to implement that - although it was supposedly going to be done the first week back in session
This is just one small example of politicians lying - again - check their whole plan - you wont find that they have done anything they promised to accomplish - and they have the votes to do it all so theres no blocking going on

stefan segal
03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
Linkster all I can say is that some people see half empty, while others see half full..looking at the same experience.

I see great improvement over the past years of repug kangaroo lawmaking of hooray for us and fuck everybody else.

Stefan

kres24GT
03-15-2007, 12:39 PM
Stefan has been exposed as a Dem sheep. It's impossible to have a discussion with him unless you praise dems and crap on reps.

Mr. Blue
03-15-2007, 01:01 PM
Blue...if you watch the House in action for a day or two...I think you will arrive at a new oppinion about dems not having a program and can leave repug claptrap behind you.

There is history being done here...step by step unraveilng the garrot repugs have been slowly strangling our freedoms to death.

This is an exciting time in politics...but if you expect the dems to be able to yell Sashazaam and puch through walls of repug's carefully constructed fascist takeover of the government in a single blow...you need to go back to civics 101 and learn something about he system you live under.

Don't allow some tired attitudes to keep you from seeing what is happening right under your nose...it IS exciting.

Stefan

I disagree that this is an exciting time for politics...in fact I think politics now borders on the inane. Politicians now run with no platforms, they have no vision, the best they can come up with a win is a smear campaign about their opponent, and no worthy person would put themselves through the tabloid style reporting that surrounds politics at the moment.

The worthy candidates, will never win the nomination because you have to be in the ass pocket of the most radical element of the party to win the nomination or you have to be a media darling. Right now without a doubt in my mind the best Democratic candidate is Bill Richardson, how many news stories have you seen about him? That's what I thought. The media wants ratings on their infotainment news so they're not going to cover the best candidates, they're going to cover the candidate they think will give them the most buzz. Obama, Clinton, and the rest of the field be damned.

We're picking our politicians through short little clips sandwiched between Anna Nicole Smith's death and Brittany shaving her head...This is an exciting time in politics? I think not.

Mr. Blue
03-15-2007, 01:02 PM
stefan - I do watch them all the time - now you know from the past Im not Rep or Dem - however I have seen the Dems completely reverse themselves on their "first 100 hrs" plan - and go back to the same old wimps and bought politicians they have always been - I believe one of their main points before the election was that they were going to NOT be sticking to the old 3 day a week workweek - ole Nancy even used it to help a bunch of new people get elected - and they have yet to implement that - although it was supposedly going to be done the first week back in session
This is just one small example of politicians lying - again - check their whole plan - you wont find that they have done anything they promised to accomplish - and they have the votes to do it all so theres no blocking going on

Amen (even heathens like myself can mutter that word from time to time, lol)

kres24GT
03-15-2007, 04:03 PM
I disagree that this is an exciting time for politics...in fact I think politics now borders on the inane. Politicians now run with no platforms, they have no vision, the best they can come up with a win is a smear campaign about their opponent, and no worthy person would put themselves through the tabloid style reporting that surrounds politics at the moment.

The worthy candidates, will never win the nomination because you have to be in the ass pocket of the most radical element of the party to win the nomination or you have to be a media darling. Right now without a doubt in my mind the best Democratic candidate is Bill Richardson, how many news stories have you seen about him? That's what I thought. The media wants ratings on their infotainment news so they're not going to cover the best candidates, they're going to cover the candidate they think will give them the most buzz. Obama, Clinton, and the rest of the field be damned.

We're picking our politicians through short little clips sandwiched between Anna Nicole Smith's death and Brittany shaving her head...This is an exciting time in politics? I think not.

People like Stefan refuse to realize that most of our problems are problems with the political system, not with replacing Dems with Reps or vice versa every few years. Because of the huge number of sheep who always want to blame the other guy instead of looking at the system, it will never change.

stefan segal
03-15-2007, 04:53 PM
Kres...a lot of our problems is because we don't stick to the Constitution and enforce guidlines already on the books.

Asie from that...I challenge you to devise a better system than what we have now (provided it goes back to checks and balances)

People are fucked genetically...there is nothing that can be devised to make them act in a sane, humanitarian manner...and until they do incorporate these values of fair play, then we will have strife.

But tell us your plan of how we should govern ourselves better.

Stefan

Mr. Blue
03-15-2007, 05:23 PM
Asie from that...I challenge you to devise a better system than what we have now (provided it goes back to checks and balances)

*Campaign Finance Reform
*A cap on campaign spending...the amount spent on campaigning now is borderline disgusting
*Term Limits for Representatives/Senators - NO ONE should be a politician for life...it sickens me to see people in the senate for 40 years+...seriously get a real job at some point so you don't lose touch with your constituents.

That's a start. America is getting strangled to death while two political parties have hissy fits with each other. Imagine a system where you could have 4 viable Presidential candidates instead of a 2 horse show we have now.

I don't know about the rest of you but I haven't been thrilled about any Presidential Candidate in awhile now. I think it's time we shake up the system and see what happens.

stefan segal
03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Except for the cap on campaign financing...these other laws are in place.

Right now, the House is plugging the gap in doners giving unlimited sums to presidential libraries...which becomes a slush fund.

Many you missed, but the House is taking care of them in a workmanship manner

Check out those who have broken campaign finance laws...they have gone to jail...where they wait for delay's arrival.

There's been some real progress made...I know you think I'm deluded...just as I believe you are unreasonable in demaning everything be ficxed in a 100 days...but think about what they have done in that time...think about the ground they readied for planting the seeds of bipartisanship...I think they've done amazingly well in turning around the tone of the House.

What really amazes me is they haven't declared open season on repugs...when you consider how dirty and underhanded they played the dems when they were in power.

I hope what they're doing is what Gary Cooper explained in sargent York...to shoot the last in line first then work you way up the line, keeping them unaware that they are being picked off with high powered, copper jacketed supoenas...one by one.

Sefan

Mr. Blue
03-15-2007, 06:03 PM
Except for the cap on campaign financing...these other laws are in place.

Term limits on Senators? I haven't heard mention of it since the Contract with America debacle, but I have been pretty busy with work of late so I might have missed the memo on this one...does this mean Ted Kennedy might actually have to get a real job for once in his life?

McCain / Feingold was a start on campaign reform...if they can plug up the holes that's great, but considering the '04 Presidential election and the most recent election cost somewhere in the 4 billion range...you can see my concern with money corrupting politicians and destroying the system. If it takes a minimum of 200 million for a Presidential candidate to have a chance at the Presidency...there's a problem with the system.

Until there's a viable 3rd Party I just see more partisan bickering as America goes to hell in a handbasket.

stefan segal
03-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Yes...the money thing is obcene. What makes me crazy is that the gov. hands out citizens bandwidth to TV companies...and from what I see, those same TV companies...get the bulk of the campaign funds.

I wonder if people would complain if a few center city hotels and exhibition halls were given to various private individuals, then they in turn charged exhorbinate rates to the political parties?

How is it that certain amounts of free air time is not set aside in the GIFT to service government business? Along with the equal time (once was a law) for balanced views?

How did free bandwidth become hostile/friendly to government?

It seems to me that those bastards have a lot to answer for...and I think the questioning should begin with taking back thier licenses. Let them respond from a position of panic.

Blue...I think a third party would need it's own army to get a third share of the government...until then...it's a pie in the sky dream hatched from 8th grade civics...having nothing to do with real life in these States.

Stefan

kres24GT
03-16-2007, 07:24 AM
Kres...a lot of our problems is because we don't stick to the Constitution and enforce guidlines already on the books.

People are fucked genetically...there is nothing that can be devised to make them act in a sane, humanitarian manner...and until they do incorporate these values of fair play, then we will have strife.

But tell us your plan of how we should govern ourselves better.

Stefan

So you solution to this would be to vote for Dems, who do not follow the constitution? I see you agree with my point, yet still refuse to admit a vote for a Dem is no different than a vote for A "repug".

stefan segal
03-16-2007, 10:41 AM
So you solution to this would be to vote for Dems, who do not follow the constitution? I see you agree with my point, yet still refuse to admit a vote for a Dem is no different than a vote for A "repug".
================================================== =======
There seems to be a comprehension barrier here...like the sound barrier but more wall-like.
Kres...I've explained my point over and over....read my comments...if you can't glean any closer understanding from them then what you believe now...then go onto something else...like stitching wallets, knitting or basket weaving...tends to order the mind...at least that is what the rehabber think.

Stefan

kres24GT
03-16-2007, 11:09 AM
================================================== =======
There seems to be a comprehension barrier here...like the sound barrier but more wall-like.
Kres...I've explained my point over and over....read my comments...if you can't glean any closer understanding from them then what you believe now...then go onto something else...like stitching wallets, knitting or basket weaving...tends to order the mind...at least that is what the rehabber think.

Stefan

Yes, and your points contradict each other. This is common with party sheep. Dems and Reps do not follow the constitution, not even close. If you are voting for them, don't say not following the constitution is a problem.

Mr. Blue
03-16-2007, 11:13 AM
Blue...I think a third party would need it's own army to get a third share of the government...until then...it's a pie in the sky dream hatched from 8th grade civics...having nothing to do with real life in these States.

The problem is a 3rd party should be a viable option...the problem is the people in power want to stay in power. They're going to bend the rules and make sure the rules stay bent so other options can't be explored.

The only thing the Dems and the Republicans agree on is how to keep their asses elected and keep a 3rd party out. This is why Campaign finance reform, a cap on campaign spending, term limits, lobby groups, etc, etc, etc, will always be a problem in America because it's not in the best interest of the politicians to do anything about it.

Is it an 8th grade civics fantasy? I suppose when both parties are as crooked as hell and don't want to give up power. I can hope though as I see the Republicans becoming more conservative, the dems becoming more liberal, and moderates getting left out in the cold.

kres24GT
03-16-2007, 11:21 AM
The problem is a 3rd party should be a viable option...the problem is the people in power want to stay in power. They're going to bend the rules and make sure the rules stay bent so other options can't be explored.

The only thing the Dems and the Republicans agree on is how to keep their asses elected and keep a 3rd party out. This is why Campaign finance reform, a cap on campaign spending, term limits, lobby groups, etc, etc, etc, will always be a problem in America because it's not in the best interest of the politicians to do anything about it.

Is it an 8th grade civics fantasy? I suppose when both parties are as crooked as hell and don't want to give up power. I can hope though as I see the Republicans becoming more conservative, the dems becoming more liberal, and moderates getting left out in the cold.

The bigger problem is there are far too many sheep who see their political party like a college football team, where they can do no wrong. Take Stefan's for instance. He recognizes that a huge problem in this country is our government overstepping it's constitutional authority. However his solution is to blame it all on the "repugs" and ignore the Dems abuse of the Constitution. THere are too many people like this.

The other problem is people think they are wasting their vote. Until people stop thinking this there can't be a viable 3rd party.

If the sheep would ever open their eyes and everyone who ever said "I don't want to waste my vote" cast a vote for a 3rd party candidate, then we could start making progress.

Bill
03-16-2007, 03:21 PM
If the sheep would ever open their eyes and everyone who ever said "I don't want to waste my vote" cast a vote for a 3rd party candidate, then we could start making progress.

If wishes were horses then beggars would ride.

imgonnaeaturlunch
03-19-2007, 11:28 AM
The problem is that voting is too much of hassle. If everybody voted we'd be in line forever & employers would get pissed just like they're not keeping the jobs for the reserve & national gaurd who serve in Iraq. Voting needs to be done over the net or tv but alot of congress, especially republicans ,don't want that, the fewer the voters the easier it is to manipulate the system plus more non-whites would vote & that would harm republicans, in thier screwed up view.