PDA

View Full Version : Liberal Hero Harry Reid - At It Again....

SeniorChief
12-04-2008, 08:38 AM
Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

By Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin

POSTED December 2, 2008 | 11:00 AM

The Capitol Visitors Center, which opened this morning, may have tripled its original budget and fallen years behind schedule, but Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid found a silver lining for members of Congress: tourists won't offend them with their B.O. anymore.

"My staff tells me not to say this, but I'm going to say it anyway," said Reid in his remarks. "In the summer because of the heat and high humidity, you could literally smell the tourists coming into the Capitol. It may be descriptive but it's true."
But it's no longer going to be true, noted Reid, thanks to the air conditioned, indoor space.

And that's not all. "We have many bathrooms here, as you can see," Reid continued. "Souvenirs are available."

$621 million well spent.

Binky
12-04-2008, 09:44 AM
I saw it on the news last night and couldn't believe my ears. Once again, a hot shot politician has opened his mouth and inserted his foot. It was insulting and funny at the same time.

My guess would be the stench he has been smelling is the evil the politicians do, rather than that of the tourists.

Mr. Blue
12-04-2008, 10:04 PM
Has a certain Marie Antoinette quality about it.

Mr, gone
12-04-2008, 11:18 PM
I never really understood why the slobbering masses get off on visiting a dull government dog and pony show.:lmao2:

I would think that $621 million could be spent to help alleviate the multitude of ailments that this countries people are going through. Oh, I forgot the government doesn't utilize logical thought processes.

Hog Trash
12-05-2008, 07:34 AM
Reid: We won't smell the tourists anymore

$621 million well spent.The longer their in Washington, the harder it is for them to hide who they really are, but the gullible idiots keep supporting them.

Bill
12-05-2008, 06:06 PM
gullible idiots keep supporting them.

Both red and blue idiots.

But, it does make me glad he's not my senator.

Moby
12-06-2008, 12:27 AM
The longer their in Washington, the harder it is for them to hide who they really are, but the gullible idiots keep supporting them.
Nope. I rarely if ever vote for incumbents and I don't vote for anyone, no matter what, if they've been around for 2 terms. There is an incumbent I might vote for in 2010 and he's considered by many to be the most conservative Senator in the nation. Not Neoconservative but conservative.

5 - 10 years is more then enough in politics and then I agree with Frankin that they can NEVER become lobbyists.

Hog Trash
12-08-2008, 10:55 AM
Nope. I rarely if ever vote for incumbents and I don't vote for anyone, no matter what, if they've been around for 2 terms. There is an incumbent I might vote for in 2010 and he's considered by many to be the most conservative Senator in the nation. Not Neoconservative but conservative.

5 - 10 years is more then enough in politics and then I agree with Frankin that they can NEVER become lobbyists.Actually these all seem to be good voting policies, SM...You might be OK if you could shed the Political Correctness baggage.

I too agree with Frankin about his "lobbyists" position, although I don't agree with his liberal politics and can't stand him personaly.

I have no idea how he ever succeded as a comedian. Hog knows funny and Frankin is about as funny as a room full of dead babies.

I have never read any of his books. Liberal literature usualy, boringly drags on to the point I can't finish a book.

I have no idea how a person could claim to support a "conservative" and vote for Barack Obama....Ying and Yang...Oxymoron.

Kind of like saying "I hate meat, but I'm having dinner with Hannibal Lecter".