PDA

View Full Version : WTC...A POLITICAL GAMBIT

stefan segal
02-17-2007, 02:25 PM
Kres...a present...just because I've been so horrified at your apparent brain damage...I blamed you when I should have tried to get you to add a little omega 3 to you diet and prayed for sanity to return to you..I felt bad, and so give you this gift that demonstrates that you are ot alone in your inability to think...it appears that we are a country of non-thinkers.
Anyway...enjoy it...in whatever twisted manner you register enjoyment.

Stefan

http://www.agoracosmopolitan.com/home/Frontpage/2007/02/15/01355.html

What I am saying is that 9/11 appears to be America’s version of the Reichstag Fire. The Silent Watchdog and Invisible Fascism People who live in their little private Idaho read all this with such incredulity. “Well, why isn’t any of this in the major media?” “Wouldn’t the press just love such a scoop?”

The answer is no. Of course not. That people can still believe this about their media is something that I continue to marvel at, but -- in case, dear reader, you’re still not getting it- it is time to wake up.

The U.S. Patriot Act context

Americans have lived with the Patriot Act for more than four years. A few people have voiced their concerns about the loss of their Fourth Amendment right to privacy. For those who want a refresher, this is the complete amendment, which went into effect:

“The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”

The 400-page Patriot Act (HR 3162) completely overturns this amendment, which has been the cornerstone of the American right to privacy for more than 200 years. The Patriot Act was rushed through Congress within weeks of 9/11. It was certainly written before 9/11, waiting in the wings, so to speak. The members of Congress rivalled the wisdom of Homer Simpson who, when once faced with a waiver to sue for damages from the dreaded Mr. Burns and his team of lawyers, stated courageously, “I’m not signing anything until I read it or somebody gives me the gist of it!”

The Patriot Act is bad, very bad. The carefully worded Section 213, for example, provides for the infamous ability to “sneak and peak.” It establishes the ability to issue secret warrants for any federal crime-not just terrorism-and indeed to extend the secrecy indefinitely. Police can break in, examine and remove or alter items, and can do this without ever presenting owners with a warrant detailing what they were entitled to do.

The U.S. Patriot Act also allows authorities to examine your medical, financial, educational, and even library records, whether or not they show any evidence

MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE MORE...JUST OPEN THE LINK...

exarmyranger
02-17-2007, 07:50 PM
The wheels of the Liberty for All bus are worn out;"Liberty for All",yeah sure,All the liberty you want,as long as your white and rich,or if you are a person of color,then you need to be "extremely rich".To address the latest assault on our right's as citizen's of a free nation.The 4th amendment never fully recoverd from the loss of liberty's it suffered via the R.I.C.O.act.I hate to say it,but...the 4th,needs more than the Patriot Act,to remain as it has since Being mauled by R.I.C.O...the 2nd is barely holding it's ground(and thats only because the N.R.A. keeps a task force,ready for action,and they form a human shield around the 2nd any time a excectutive,or legislative branch clone looks sideways at the dear old 2nd.So I'm afraid the 4th is in for somemore downsizing.If it does'nt vanish completely(from lack of content)it's original intended use.(protecting our "Libertys")in particular the promise(s) that we will not be subject to warrentless entry,search,and siezure,as well as "Innocent untill Proven Guilty"jailing people suspected of criminal activity(s)without charging them with a specific crime(72hrs.max).SHIT...hold on,the R.I.C.O. act pinned a couple of those libertys ears back,hell 30 some years ago!Well I guess the saying "Freedom does'nt come Free" applies...It is'nt free to keep either...as "Boy George and his Braindead Band of Bureaucratic ButtBoys" are proving..."Anarchist's Unite" cya Stefan, ex.