PDA

View Full Version : bush pushing to send 20,000 troops ,could a draft be far behind

tomc
01-03-2007, 10:13 PM
could we be on the brink of a possible reenstatment of the draft soon.

Kinky Jones
01-03-2007, 11:03 PM
hi tomc welcome to DC Junkies :hi:

I don't think the dems are gonna go for implementing the draft , they aren't really talking about their plans to change stuff over there but it seems like they want to pressure the Iraqis to take control of their own security so that we can get outta dodge... and we have done the "add 30k troops and everything will settle down" a couple times already and it is just making for higher US body counts :( it seems like we are staying the course yet again and just calling it something different

tomc
01-04-2007, 01:44 AM
kinky jones thank you for welcomeing me aboard,glad to be here. bush keeps saying we can win this,seems him and his dog barney believe it. im puzzled what is there to win refereeing a civil war.....tomc

tomc
01-04-2007, 01:48 AM
seems to me its like getting inbetween a married couple fighting,you end up being the bad guy while the feuding couple are in the other room making up...tomc

Moby
01-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Welcome tomc. You ask a very good and pointed question.

Dubya is going to send 20k to 30k more troops to Iraq no matter what happens. He's the commander and chief and needs to strut his stuff. It will have no positive effect on the war.

It will pose an issue for Dems and that's the only purpose. If they vote for it then they'll get the blame in 2008. If they don't vote for it then they'll be called weak on terror even though the republicans have rejected many of the 9/11 commissions findings by refusing to implement them.

Dubya won't implement a draft. He'll strap the current forces almost to the breaking point until the 2008 election. If control goes with republicans then we'll start supporting the military. If control goes to the dems he'll do what his father did and that's start a bunch of shit in December 2008.

If a democrat wins the Presidency and they maintain control of congress then he'll take a poison pill and make things so bad for the military that we'll either have to use WMD or start the draft again.

If Jeb ever becomes President you better believe there will be a draft but the reps won't be responsible for it until then.

tomc
01-05-2007, 05:04 AM
why thank you sirtoby im glad to be here. i think the only thing going for us is that bush is conserned about his legacy more than anything else and his list of major screw ups are begining to dog him. hopfully for the sake of our brave boys he will see the light. bush talks about victory in iraq against terrorist, which didnt exist there until we invaded. i have no idea what he thinks victory in iraq is, where in the center of a civil war , time to pack our bags and let the iraq people settle there war....tomc

Caskey_91
02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't see it due to the fact the Dem's oppose it and they are begining to take over, as we will also prolly end up with a Dem President.

Being 16 this would affect me alot if they reinstate the draft. I really don't want to go into the military at all. I really hope it doesn't come to this. This is the main reason I oppose this damn war.

exarmyranger
02-14-2007, 12:21 AM
Yo Caskey,I gotta say,not wanting to be in the military is one of the best reasons to be against the draft...Ranks up there with not wanting to kill or get killed by someone who you have no personal quarrel with...ex