PDA

View Full Version : Any predictions for 2007?

Moby
01-01-2007, 10:27 AM
1. I predict that the violence in Iraq will get worse
2. A weapon of mass destruction will be used somewhere in the world (it may not happen until 2008 but it will happen before Dubya leaves office)
3. We will have record foreclosures where more families lose their homes then any time in the last 50 years. Of course it will get worse in years to come.
4. Brittany Spears, Lindsey Lohan and Paris Hilton will all continue to show nasty sweating crotch shots
5. Dubya will veto a bill
6. Stefan will be shot in a freak hunting accident and Abnormalia will have no alibi.
7. Gas prices will hit $3.00 again
8. Fox News will continue to bash news networks for presenting facts that are negative towards the admin instead of reporting news.
9. Jessica Simpson will not be admitted to Mensa but will get laid.
10. Bushes approval rating dips into the 20s
11. Another democratic senator suddenly becomes ill
12. Nicole Ritchie eats a sandwich and becomes a bloated 74 lbs.
13. Crime, homeless and uninsured all increase drastically in the USA

Mr. Blue
01-03-2007, 01:11 AM
lol, I don't normally make predictions, but okay:

1. More troops get sent to Iraq...expect 30 to 40k more troops there by the end of 2007

2. Bi-partisan bickering reaches an all new high and absolutely nothing gets done for the next 2 years.

3. Stockmarket starts a slide when oil prices go up again. ($3 easy)

4. Hillary Clinton gets some shocking poll numbers every time she makes an appearance. Give her time and she'll be low woman on the totem pole for the dems.

5. Bill O'Reilly does something stupid (sorry, had to get one safe prediction in)

exarmyranger
01-03-2007, 08:21 PM
#1.Brittany Spear's finds her pantie's.(on E-bay )#2.The Pentagon admits prior knowedge of WTC attack...spokesperson laugh's and yell's April Fools.#3.Hillary C.'s bid of $50,000 for B.S's panties withdrawn when informed they had been washed.#4.Million's of people worldwide die of old age.#5.Jimmy Hoffa found alive in the V.I.P. room of the Mon's Venus (strip club)in Tampa,Fl.,club owner Joe Redner says Those (Tampa's Mayor&Staff)will do anything to keep me from running for Mayor...(again)Thanx...ex Hm

Tommy
01-04-2007, 11:11 AM
well..... a loon said god told him A very big terror attack in the second half of 2007 is comming

Moby
01-04-2007, 01:45 PM
well..... a loon said god told him A very big terror attack in the second half of 2007 is comming
He also predicted that the USA would be hit with Tsunami. He claims that because it rained in New England that he was right on the money.

I don't think he's a loon. The people that support him are loons but he's a brilliant con artist.

Moby
01-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Although, the reps will need to blame something on the dems so maybe PNAC has a little plot planned already.

stefan segal
01-04-2007, 11:15 PM
This is more of an inevitability than a prediction.

The dollar goes South...making inflation take a run North.

the housing bubble bursts...bankruptcy rates explode.

Banks, not being able to offload all their bad paper onto the monetary funds. (in collusion with the banks) managing billions of little people's retirement funds, cut off easy loans, which kicks business growth to the curb.

Stock market implodes, loosing trillions in paper gains.

Manufacturing and exports dwindle...

dollar is now in a freefall (like the demolition of the twin towers+#7), as confidence in the stability of the US economy becomes dismal.

To meet US debt servicing (now in excess of 2 billion USD a day) interest rates must soar to become worthy of foreigner's inverstment.

High interest rates will destroy domestic housing and equally destroy hundred of thousands of american families. (save me bench in the park)

consumers who have been feeding off the equity in the homes, stop buying

Consumers having no discretionary money to spare, and making up 70% + of our domestic economy, service companies bankrupt along with mortgage holders...exacerbating the decline.

Meanwhile, back at the federal reserve, the presses will be smoking and our forrests will dwindle printing up all the dollars the fed think will slow the crash.

But for the fact, that their printing of excess dollars caused the problem in the first place...it sounds like a garden variety repug plan...damn the consequences...as reugs are wont to say. (at those times when they can't figure their consequences)

Other than that...have a nice year:)

Stefan

Tommy
01-06-2007, 05:21 PM
ok I will make a prediction

in the later half of 2007 Cheney resigns
and Bush nominates Romney setting him up to be the front runner in the 2008 elections

bairdi
12-12-2009, 09:06 PM
I came across this thread while going through the archives today. Some of these predictions were uncannily accurate. Anyone want to offer any predictions for 2010?

Pat
12-12-2009, 09:11 PM
I came across this thread while going through the archives today. Some of these predictions were uncannily accurate. Anyone want to offer any predictions for 2010?
Well, the fluff ones were accurate.
Most of the serious ones weren't.

bairdi
12-12-2009, 09:18 PM
Well, the fluff ones were accurate.
Most of the serious ones weren't.
Record foreclosures.
Dubya vetoing a bill.
Gas prices hitting $3
Moby's Fox News comment
Bush's approval rating dropping low
Crime, homeless and uninsured increasing
Bi-partisan bickering reaching a new high
The dollar going south
Housing bubble bursting
Stefan's banking comment
Manufacturing and exports dwindling
Consumers stop buying

These seem pretty damn accurate to me.

Pat
12-12-2009, 09:34 PM
Record foreclosures. didn't happen in 2007
Dubya vetoing a bill. Expected from every president
Gas prices hitting $3 Prices went up, *gasp*, what a shock
Moby's Fox News comment Another shocker, not
Bush's approval rating dropping low Every presidents does, a dead man could predict that
Crime, homeless and uninsured increasing Got a link to prove it?
Bi-partisan bickering reaching a new high Define "new high", it ain't changed
The dollar going south didn't happen in 2007
Housing bubble bursting didn't happen in 2007
Stefan's banking comment didn't happen in 2007
Manufacturing and exports dwindling more of the same, it's been doing that for years
Consumers stop buying didn't happen in 2007

These seem pretty damn accurate to me.
You are easily impressed by those you agree with.

bairdi
12-12-2009, 09:40 PM
You are easily impressed by those you agree with.
Whatever....

Pat
12-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Whatever....
Maybe you forgot what year it is. :p

foxbaron
12-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Predictions for 2007?

The liberals will blame BUSH for everything including their cavities.

Pat
12-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Predictions for 2007?

The liberals will blame BUSH for everything including their cavities.
I predict it will continue past 2010 and well into 2011.
I predict Mr Obama will campaign against Mr Bush in the next election cycle, just as he did last time.

foxbaron
12-12-2009, 11:07 PM
Prediction for 2010.

The liberals will finally realize that Obama has been lying to them all this time and they will see the error of their ways and commit mass suicide which will result in the closing of Starbucks because no one will be buying lattes anymore.

This will sadden me greatly. Not because of the mass suicides but because I really do like a tall regular starbucks, it's my favorite coffee.

bairdi
12-13-2009, 10:41 AM
I predict that conservative sheep will continue to turn a blind eye to the complete incompetency of the Bush administration and continue to blame Obama for every problem in the world.

I predict that they will find a million reasons to deny Obama any credit when the economy recovers.

I predict further landslide victories for Dems as the tea bag crowd continues to split and ravage what is left of the GOP.

Pat
12-13-2009, 10:49 AM
I predict that conservative sheep will continue to turn a blind eye to the complete incompetency of the Bush administration and continue to blame Obama for every problem in the world.

I predict that they will find a million reasons to deny Obama any credit when the economy recovers.

I predict further landslide victories for Dems as the tea bag crowd continues to split and ravage what is left of the GOP.
As long as the GOP tries to be "moderate", they deserve to lose elections.

Pat
12-13-2009, 01:17 PM
I predict bairdi, Parade Rain and mwillman will insult me before 2010 ends.

foxbaron
12-13-2009, 02:12 PM
I predict bairdi, Parade Rain and mwillman will insult me before 2010 ends.

That's not a prediction, its a known fact.

Pat
12-13-2009, 02:19 PM
That's not a prediction, its a known fact.
It's both. :)

Bill Cosby
12-13-2009, 07:45 PM

No damn wonder it was so dusty........... You stay out of there........:mad:

:lmao2:

bairdi
12-13-2009, 10:33 PM
No damn wonder it was so dusty........... You stay out of there........:mad:

Hey...I was very careful, stepped softly and made sure everything was put back in place.

:eek: :lmao2:

Bill Cosby
12-13-2009, 10:44 PM
Hey...I was very careful, stepped softly and made sure everything was put back in place.

:eek: :lmao2:

I just checked looks good back there............:thumbsup:

I bet there are lots of great little nuggets back there that some ppl would not want seeing the light of day...........

Pat
12-14-2009, 08:40 PM

I just checked looks good back there............:thumbsup:

I bet there are lots of great little nuggets back there that some ppl would not want seeing the light of day...........
But nothing from me that old. ;)
It's nice to be the nooooob.

Bill Cosby
12-14-2009, 08:47 PM
But nothing from me that old. ;)
It's nice to be the nooooob.

Yea just like being a virgin again.....:lmao2: :lmao2:

Pat
12-14-2009, 08:48 PM
Yea just like being a virgin again.....:lmao2: :lmao2:
Like a born again virgin?

Bill Cosby
12-14-2009, 08:54 PM
Like a born again virgin?
Did I write born???

Pat
12-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Did I write born???
No, I did, pay attention.

Bill Cosby
12-14-2009, 09:42 PM
No, I did, pay attention.

Look I am not interested in playing your little game, go flirt w/ EMan...

Pat
12-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Look I am not interested in playing your little game, go flirt w/ EMan...
Then you shouldn't ask questions about which one of us said something.
You should have just scrolled back to see who said it. :p

California Chrome
12-14-2009, 10:13 PM
Hilarious.............

Bill Cosby
12-14-2009, 10:15 PM
Then you shouldn't ask questions about which one of us said something.
You should have just scrolled back to see who said it. :p

I will ask whatever I want.............. Now you can born that up or you can born it down.................

& you can forget about that Eman hook up, your on your own now..........:lmao2: :lmao2:

California Chrome
12-14-2009, 10:20 PM
I will ask whatever I want.............. Now you can born that up or you can born it down.................

& you can forget about that Eman hook up, your on your own now..........:lmao2: :lmao2:What are you talking about with the "Eman hookup"? Are you suggesting Pat is female?

Bill Cosby
12-14-2009, 10:22 PM
What are you talking about with the "Eman hookup"? Are you suggesting Pat is female?

No............

He likes to flirt.... Who better than eman to flirt w/.......lol

Pat
12-14-2009, 10:44 PM

& you can forget about that Eman hook up, your on your own now..........:lmao2: :lmao2:
You can ask what you want, just try not to get your panties in a wad when I answer with the obvious.

Pat
12-14-2009, 10:49 PM
What are you talking about with the "Eman hookup"? Are you suggesting Pat is female?
He can't make up his mind.

No............

He likes to flirt.... Who better than eman to flirt w/.......lol
I like to flirt with danger.

Moby
12-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Record foreclosures. didn't happen in 2007
It's part of history and just 2 years ago.

Do you really believe what you're typing? Are you in denial of the actual facts?

What's up?

Sure the programmers on the radio and TV can make such statements because those that believe don't care to fact check but this is a different place. Many of us look for the truth.

JJGlanton
12-18-2009, 12:14 PM
It's part of history and just 2 years ago.

Do you really believe what you're typing? Are you in denial of the actual facts?

What's up?

Sure the programmers on the radio and TV can make such statements because those that believe don't care to fact check but this is a different place. Many of us look for the truth.
DameMoby seems to be the one most "programmed" by the pundits he loathes.....

Moby
12-18-2009, 01:03 PM
DameMoby seems to be the one most "programmed" by the pundits he loathes.....
So do you believe that there were NOT record breaking foreclosures in 2007 as Pat claims?

You can always use the Internet to find the truth and the fact that Pat was wrong. Of course that requires free thought. Can you do it?

JJGlanton
12-18-2009, 01:11 PM
So do you believe that there were NOT record breaking foreclosures in 2007 as Pat claims?

You can always use the Internet to find the truth and the fact that Pat was wrong. Of course that requires free thought. Can you do it?
I said nothing of the sort. But Glenn Beck appears to have programmed you, as your forum life revolves around him. :lmao2: :lmao2:

Pat
12-18-2009, 07:24 PM

I'll admit I'm incorrect as soon as you post a link to prove it.
The actual claim was yours, not mine, prove it.

Moby
12-20-2009, 01:32 PM
The actual claim was yours, not mine, prove it.
Where were you in 2007? It was all over the real news although those that were controlled by Murdoch, Moon and Mays stayed away from it. I just assumed that everyone knew about our history.

I guess some don't care enough about this country to bother :(

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2007-03-13-foreclosures_N.htm
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/13/real_estate/record_high_foreclosures/

A quick search can find you plenty of information.

Pat
12-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Where were you in 2007? It was all over the real news although those that were controlled by Murdoch, Moon and Mays stayed away from it. I just assumed that everyone knew about our history.

I guess some don't care enough about this country to bother :(

http://www.usatoday.com/money/economy/housing/2007-03-13-foreclosures_N.htm
http://money.cnn.com/2007/03/13/real_estate/record_high_foreclosures/

A quick search can find you plenty of information.
The first sentence in the article,

A record high number of homeowners faced a serious threat of foreclosure during the fourth quarter of 2006, according to a survey released Tuesday by the Mortgage Bankers Association.
Seems you are off by a year.

Moby
12-20-2009, 04:16 PM
The first sentence in the article,

Seems you are off by a year.
I just took the first two links and didn't bother reading them. Here's another one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/07/business/07mortgage.html

The rate of home loans in foreclosure rose to a record level in the second quarter of 2007 as more homeowners in California, Florida and other states could not refinance their adjustable-rate mortgages, a trade group said on Thursday.

It's history. It's not news. Why does someone that claims to like their own country not know this stuff?

Where were you and why didn't you educate yourself BEFORE YOU VOTED.

Pat
12-20-2009, 04:32 PM

I just took the first two links and didn't bother reading them. Here's another one.

It's history. It's not news. Why does someone that claims to like their own country not know this stuff?

I was incorrect about the foreclosures.

Oh, so since I was unaware that foreclosure rates in 2007 were at a record high, but less than the record high of 2008, I was somehow not informed enough to vote? There is a hell of a lot more than just foreclosure rates to base ones decision upon.

I've already posted it once on this board, but I'm sure you haven't read everything I've posted, so I'll say it again.
I didn't cast a presidential vote in 2008, neither (major party) candidate was worthy of my vote, and none of the minor party candidates impressed me.

bairdi
12-20-2009, 04:34 PM

Some of those predictions you and Stefan made were uncanny. Sure, they may not have taken place in the confines of a one year time frame as Pat points out when he/she splits hairs, but you guys certainly saw the writing on the wall.

Moby
12-22-2009, 10:14 PM
Some of those predictions you and Stefan made were uncanny. Sure, they may not have taken place in the confines of a one year time frame as Pat points out when he/she splits hairs, but you guys certainly saw the writing on the wall.
If you look back through that period of time there were two groups on this board. One that followed the Neocon media and one that saw the writing on the wall. Many people predicted the foreclosures, the crash, the violence, the unprecedented drop in approval, the massive increase in oil prices.

Than there were those that listened to the Neocon media and used terms like "Lefties" and "Loons", just like they'd been programmed to do.

Some things just never change :disbelief: