PDA

View Full Version : So while we're in an inspirational mood

Linkster
12-23-2006, 10:22 PM
And since no one is around for the holidays this year - I get some good alone time to reflect on little quotes I remember that gave me some kind of boost in the past
Soooo... I figure a thread of your favorite inspirations or quotes would be a cool (neat, groovy, pimpin..whatever) sharing "moment"

Heres a few of mine:

You are either part of the steam roller or part of the road - unknown

"If you're not part of the solution you must be part of the problem." E Cleaver (Founder member of the Black Panthers)

"If 'A' is a success in life, then A = x + y + z. Work is x; y is play, and z is keeping your mouth shut." Albert Einstein

If a=1%, b=2%, c= 3%, etc., what does 'attitude' add up to? ........ (work it out - the answer is 100%).

There is no I in TEAM. (But if you look carefully there is a ME...)

"It's impossible to obtain a conviction for sodomy from an English jury. Half of them don't believe that it can physically be done, and the other half are doing it." (Winston Churchill)

exarmyranger
12-23-2006, 10:44 PM
Heres one then I gotta go.And where we have love is home;Home that our feet may leave,but not our hearts;The chain may lengthen,but it never parts. -Holmes- G-nite,ex

exarmyranger
12-24-2006, 08:23 PM
Yo Linkster,I'm sure you are familiar with most,if not all,of the borrowed text's...at least in part.Original not published text's penned by myself may be used by anyone,for whatever reason(though i can't imagine why...). this one is by -Channing.Individuality;No process is so fatal as that which would cast all men in one mold.Every human being is intended to have a character of one's own,to be what no other is,to do what no other can do...Our common nature is to be unfolded in unbounded diversities.It is rich enough for infinate manifestations.It is to wear innumerable forms of beauty and glory.Every human being has work to carry on within,duties to preform abroad,influences to exert,which are peculiarly ones own and which no conscience but one's own can teach... It's been said in several way's.This is another... We aquire wisdom from failure;Much more often than from success...Any one may make a mistake;But only a fool will persist in it.Well that's about all for now,I leave you with this,"Occasionally you have to go out on a limb...Why?Because,That's where the fruit is!!!T/C ex.