PDA

View Full Version : McCain May Impose Military Draft

disrupter
04-10-2008, 05:17 PM
When asked point blank about if he is going to push for a military draft his response was, "No, I don't think so."

BEHAR: Are you going to push for a draft?

MCCAIN: No, I don't think so, Joy. I think our all-volunteer force works. I think we have the best-trained, best-equipped, bravest --

BEHAR: But if we have enough, why do they have to keep going back and back?

MCCAIN: We have to expand the military, . . .http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/04/10/mccain-does-ithe-viewi-fa_n_96069.html

Is that the 'ready-made waffle answer?
'I don't think so.'

It isn't like his thinking is real good in the first place,
this can't leave Americans feeling very confident with a loopholed statement like that.

Senility = Plausible Deniability?

Is he math challenged or is he planning on hiring even MORE Blackwater & other mercenaries at exorbitant costs, both in terms of dollars & recklessly undermining any civil mission we may have?

Sounds distinctly between 'expand the military' [troops] and getting young people to risk their lives in Iraq, the draft is definitely in consideration.

Maybe he plans to pay soldiers more, but save money by dumping them with the homeless people on skid row when they return?
To date that has been the policy of the NeoCrackHeads.

Bill
04-10-2008, 06:07 PM
That would be cool. A draft is just what we need.

It's going to be so funny to see how the rich keep their kids out of the draft.

But, really, they won't need to have a draft - with the dollar worth half what it was, gas prices, food prices, and job loss, soon the army will be the only employment available for the lower middle class.

Just in time to build the gigantic armies we will need for the century of rersource wars.

Smurf-Herder
04-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Only you could take a no and read it as the exact opposite.

The Democrats are the ones that played that "Draft game" in the 2004 election.

Moby
04-10-2008, 09:50 PM
As Bill says, it will be very easy to expand the military. Most of the Vietnam vets that I know didn't have a job or a future so they joined the military. they were fed, got money for school and all the ones I met survived.

With The PNAC policies of bringing in Mexican workers and pushing US companies to invest over seas, Middle America won't have jobs for the prospects for young healthy fighting age males won't look good.

disrupter
04-11-2008, 10:21 AM
They will create a special exemption for the children of the criminal elite.

First they strip mine middle americans of all their wealth & civil liberties,
then they keep your mind inflamed & distracted by the fact with pointless, counterproductive wars.

Take your government back,
at point of gun if necessary.

Smurf-Herder
04-11-2008, 07:22 PM
As Bill says, it will be very easy to expand the military. Most of the Vietnam vets that I know didn't have a job or a future so they joined the military. they were fed, got money for school and all the ones I met survived.

With The PNAC policies of bringing in Mexican workers and pushing US companies to invest over seas, Middle America won't have jobs for the prospects for young healthy fighting age males won't look good.

If I see PNAC one more time, I swear I'll puke. :melodramatic:

Smurf-Herder
04-11-2008, 07:24 PM
They will create a special exemption for the children of the criminal elite.

First they strip mine middle americans of all their wealth & civil liberties,
then they keep your mind inflamed & distracted by the fact with pointless, counterproductive wars.

Take your government back,
at point of gun if necessary.

This is just a made-up issue - like it was in 2004.

Moby
04-12-2008, 01:56 AM
If I see PNAC one more time, I swear I'll puke. :melodramatic:
I thought you liked them. I mean, you voted for them. Twice didn't you?

Smurf-Herder
04-12-2008, 08:57 AM
I thought you liked them. I mean, you voted for them. Twice didn't you?

No, I didn't vote for them. I've said that before.

My point is, I think you're obsessed with the PNAC as an evil entity.

The "Elders of Zion" do not control the world. It's the Globalists, IMO, who have their own agenda, working inside of both sides, non-partisan governmental agencies and through NGOs.

Moby
04-12-2008, 11:35 AM
No, I didn't vote for them. I've said that before.

My point is, I think you're obsessed with the PNAC as an evil entity.

The "Elders of Zion" do not control the world. It's the Globalists, IMO, who have their own agenda, working inside of both sides, non-partisan governmental agencies and through NGOs.

Dick Cheney, Steve Forbes, Donald Rumsfeld, Paul Wolfowitz, I. Lewis Libby and the rest of the list. These are not stupid people. They've all not only been giving lucrative jobs but also managed to gain easy money from the administration.

They were formed in 1997 and sent the first letter for war with Iraq in 1998.

George W. Bush failed at trying to lead 3 separate companies, with huge amounts of free money and daddy's political favors. You don't really believe for a minute that people like the names mentioned above would allow someone that failed so miserably in business to make policy for America do you? That's nuts. The American people voted for him but most of his supporters had no idea about his past history because Rush, Bill and all didn't mention it.

The PNAC dictates policy to Bush. They then have highly paid consultants create the spin and the speeches. The Republican party beats the drums by repeating the spin the same way over and over again and Bush becomes the mouthpiece for the will of The PNAC.

The Neoconservative media which pretty much controls the radio air waves these days uses NLP, straw man and simple repetition to get people to follow. This is how our government is run.

Remember that many of The PNAC members worked with Nixon. This is a continuation of the work that was first exposed at Watergate. Powerful people like these don't give up easily. It's more of a religion then a economic policy.

Just read the names, do a little research on them, read some white papers and then come back and tell me that these people would allow someone like George W. Bush to make policy. That just doesn't add up.

John Reid
04-12-2008, 12:21 PM
A draft in the 21st century would be disastrous. You would get way too many country bumpkins who spend their entire week watching NASCAR and drinking beer.

The size of the military does not always represent the quality of the military. The United States military needs the smartest and the strongest, because it is a smart and strong military that helps the country, not a huge military.

Moby
04-12-2008, 06:07 PM
Right now most of the people that join the military do it because they don't have other options. The best and the brightest don't join and the only way to get them is through a draft.

I've known maybe 50 people that have joined the military and met 100s more. Almost all that joined didn't have much of a future so they joined the military. That's one of the reasons why so many soldiers seem to come from small towns that you've never heard of.

disrupter
04-12-2008, 08:56 PM
I guess it shouldn't be surprising that there are so many lost & wandering souls in search of a niche.

But i did have a quite sheltered childhood.

It is frightening just what a chaotic mess reality really is/can-be.

Practically, i suppose the best one [a governing mechanism] can do is to try to shepherd them into places where they will be content & usefully productive. Of course that would probably demand a much better, more precise definition of 'productive'.

begin digression here:
Interestingly the people who most run around on pure maniacal hype are the ones claiming design is somehow involved. They are their own worst argument.

Would you want an artist, a sculptor to be in charge of the world?
Less by design & more by inspiration?
An engineer? design first?
What if the notion of 'purpose' is always a product of 'art'? I suspect it may very well be. We constantly assign 'purpose' to the mechanisms of evolution, which has to be fundamentally in error. We have a compulsive addiction to the notion of 'purpose'? intent? Considering how compulsive we mostly are that doesn't even make logical sense. Maybe we project that we wish for, because we have such a paucity of it?

apologies to anyone offended or irritated by my meandering thought process.