PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust the government?

Sawbriars
05-28-2012, 03:29 PM
I am speaking of the Federal Government.......????

rastaman
05-28-2012, 03:52 PM
Not when the Corporations control the Gov't.

Darmosiel
05-28-2012, 03:56 PM

:thumbsup:

CosmicRocker
05-28-2012, 04:06 PM
yes. i trust them to be incapable of governing, and ignoring the 10th.
I trust in the assassination czar's 1 man executioner.

I trust the stupid idjits to put personal aggrandizement before the good of the nation.

Doublejack
05-28-2012, 04:24 PM
Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Sawbriars
05-28-2012, 04:25 PM
It appears the big 0 is trying to send our Dollars to his islamic friends(like those he bows to)by allowing ridiculous oil prices, eliminating American jobs in the oil industry by stopping oil drilling everywhere he can, kill the oil pipeline across America so his Chinese buddies buy Canada's oil and shutdown 71 American coal fired power plants so our electricity costs go up 30 to 40 percent. That will damage everybody and kill 35,000 more jobs. Obama and the Democrats have racked up more U.S. debt faster than any president in history, made the slowest recovery from a recession ever, put more people on food stamps ever.

America will be broke and dead by the time we get Obama out of office. That is the plan of Obama and the Democrats who set up and support this mess.....aided and abetted by our treasonous media and the hollywood crowd.

rastaman
05-28-2012, 04:29 PM
It appears the big 0 is trying to send our Dollars to his islamic friends(like those he bows to)by allowing ridiculous oil prices, eliminating American jobs in the oil industry by stopping oil drilling everywhere he can, kill the oil pipeline across America so his Chinese buddies buy Canada's oil and shutdown 71 American coal fired power plants so our electricity costs go up 30 to 40 percent. That will damage everybody and kill 35,000 more jobs. Obama and the Democrats have racked up more U.S. debt faster than any president in history, made the slowest recovery from a recession ever, put more people on food stamps ever.

America will be broke and dead by the time we get Obama out of office. That is the plan of Obama and the Democrats who set up and support this mess.....aided and abetted by our treasonous media and the hollywood crowd.

Romney's new tax cuts are a deficit nightmare. Romney wants to reduce individual tax rates by 20 percent across the board. Sounds good, but it would increase the deficit to the tune of $3 trillion.

nondual
05-28-2012, 05:24 PM
:thumbsup:

Citizen
05-28-2012, 06:06 PM

Like green energy corporations.

merrill
05-28-2012, 09:19 PM
I am speaking of the Federal Government.......????

Butttttt they are all corrupt so what applies to the feds can also apply to state and local governments.

Why do I sat that?

http://www.democracynow.org/2008/1/18/free_lunch_how_the_wealthiest_americans

http://www.uua.org/events/generalassembly/2008/commonthreads/115777.shtml

What shall we do? Implement term limits without congress doing so!

Next:

TOO many corporations want to privatize the states. Yet it is the corporations that are responsible for fraud against government and OUR tax dollars.

1. One answer to our political problems : CUT OFF special interest financing of elections! YES even at the local level.

2. Our governments are always claiming the USA is about democracy.

3. I say replace all republicans with green party thinkers and 90% of democrats with new democrats each voting cycle.

4. Think this way..... maybe? Why do we americans vote in the rich which are supported by the rich to make decisions for the entire middle class and low income?

Isn't their something wrong with this picture?

5. Ask yourself why do we voters tend to vote for the largest spending candidates? What good has this choice been for the USA and our local government?

6. Considering all of the above allow the citizens to practice democracy by allowing citizens to vote on these issues in 2012:

A. Let's demand a new system and vote in Fair Vote America : http://www.fairvote.org/irv/
Demand a change on the next ballot.

B. Let's have public financing of campaigns. Citizens cannot afford special interest money campaigns for it is the citizens that get left out. Let citizens vote on this issue.
http://www.publicampaign.org/

Bribery of elected officials and bribed officials = the most stinky of all bribery!

The voting process can work. Do as Ralph Nader has been suggesting for years. Replace 90% of incumbents each voting cycle. Perhaps Occupy can get this off the ground.

JDubya
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
I trust it in some cases, other cases not so much.

The higher the level of govt. the more scrutiny of officials is, so the less chance there is of corruption, although obviously it exists.

Seems like the most corruption is at the lower levels.

Because the same greed & corruption you find in govt. is also found in the private sector & since our govt. is comprised of fellow humans, I suppose the question should be "Do you trust humans?".

Some you can trust, others you can't.

doctordog
05-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Romney's new tax cuts are a deficit nightmare. Romney wants to reduce individual tax rates by 20 percent across the board. Sounds good, but it would increase the deficit to the tune of $3 trillion.

Obama increased debt 5 trillion, you seemed happy about that.

myfranz
05-28-2012, 11:15 PM
It depends. The Feds provide us, or rather we pay for some great agencies - that help keep us safe or allow us to expand our knowledge base.

The CIA (check out The CIA Factbook) an almanac of the world!

The Smithsonian Institute

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) keeps us safe.

USDA. Keeps us safe, recall the book "The Jungle" as a kid, how do you think food safety got started?

The National Institutes of Health, they start the research on most of the drugs we might use at the experimental stage, not greedy, lying big Pharma.

The FBI. I guess their okay until you've done something really bad!

The Library of Congress

NASA

The Air Force

The Navy

The Army

The Marines

The National Parks Services - Purple Mountain Majesty!

The National Endowment of..

The Arts...

The Humanities (the humanities put the word human in humanity!)

Bruce LeeRoy
05-28-2012, 11:28 PM
Anyone who trusts the Govt is a fucking dysfunctional insecure piece of shit.

In the history of HISTORY Govt of the world have been behind wars, genocide, holodormor, in the last century Govt has killed over 260 million people. You fucking people are sick, I hope you all choke to death, (hopefully painffully) on a ham sammich.

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Americasforum/428072_370649666290020_204904669531188_1211265_206 9019327_n.jpg

myfranz
05-28-2012, 11:36 PM
[QUOTE=Bosco]Anyone who trusts the Govt is a fucking dysfunctional insecure piece of shit.

In the history of HISTORY Govt of the world have been behind wars, genocide, holodormor, in the last century Govt has killed over 260 million people. You fucking people are sick, I hope you all choke to death, (hopefully painffully) on a ham sammich.

I'm Kosher!!!!

JDubya
05-28-2012, 11:43 PM

Typical overly simplistic hyperbolic blowhard shit out of Blowsco.

Oh, BTW.... Anyone who trusts Ron Paul is a fucking dysfunctional insecure piece of shit. :thumbsup:

Brian_W
05-28-2012, 11:46 PM

:banghead: Where's the birth certificate? :lmao2:

Brian_W
05-28-2012, 11:50 PM

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j338/Americasforum/428072_370649666290020_204904669531188_1211265_206 9019327_n.jpg

In case you haven't noticed, Ron Paul works for the federal government.

I guess we would all be better off living in anarchy.

kres24GT
05-29-2012, 09:03 AM
Anyone who does is a fool, it is insane how many want the federal government to have MORE power.

nondual
05-29-2012, 09:21 AM
Are you only against the American government, or against all types of government?

?

Sawbriars
05-29-2012, 12:03 PM
In case you haven't noticed, Ron Paul works for the federal government.

I guess we would all be better off living in anarchy.

I was born in America....if not..........what country am i a native of???

tutonic
05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Pink Floyd thread.

tutonic
05-29-2012, 12:06 PM
Are you only against the American government, or against all types of government?

?

The browner the population gets as the Federal Government attempts to maintain equal rights is directly proportional to how distrustful of government sawbriar is.

nondual
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM
The browner the population gets as the Federal Government attempts to maintain equal rights is directly proportional to how distrustful of government sawbriar is.
True, in sawbriar's mind, there is a one to one correspondence between the two.

Sawbriars
05-29-2012, 12:24 PM
[QUOTE=tutonic]The browner the population gets as the Federal Government attempts to maintain equal rights is directly proportional to how distrustful of government sawbriar is.[/QUtOTE]

Some on here want to make everything racial.....I say the people should insist that all follow the law...no matter the color.

I find the liberals very hypocritical........they will not come to the aid of my fellow Negroes who are being terrorized,attacked and killed at horrendous levels...most notably in Chicago. Yet these same liberals cry and wring their hands over the fact the syrian despot is killing his fellow syrians.

I think we need to take care of our own problems first......aka.....making our inner cities safe for all.

tutonic
05-29-2012, 12:25 PM
True, in sawbriar's mind, there is a one to one correspondence between the two.

well said.

Vilifier of Zombies
05-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

Best post on the thread thus far...

Bill Cosby
05-29-2012, 01:13 PM
I think we need to take care of our own problems first......aka.....making our inner cities safe for all.

Pls do tell how brotha' Saw sees this being done???

Sawbriars
05-29-2012, 01:23 PM
Pls do tell how brotha' Saw sees this being done???

Noting your liberal condescnding aka paternalistic atritude I will reply nontheless..........no problem can be solved until it is recognized.

Politicians being cowardly by nature and some say necessity will not go there for fear of being labeled a racist....a career ending label in our pc society.

Darmosiel
05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
no problem can be solved until it is recognized.

Politicians being cowardly by nature and some say necessity will not go there

for fear of being labeled a racist....a career ending label in our pc society.

I agree with the first part.

I do not understand the second part. :confused:

Some politicians are black and come from the cities you are talking about.

Bill Cosby
05-29-2012, 01:40 PM
Noting your liberal condescnding aka paternalistic atritude I will reply nontheless..........no problem can be solved until it is recognized.

Politicians being cowardly by nature and some say necessity will not go there for fear of being labeled a racist....a career ending label in our pc society.

Is this how you talked to other folks on AOL???? I have not been on there in many years, but back then it was becoming heavily moderated..... Was your exit voluntary???

There is a great big world out here, far beyond the gates of AOL........

I don't agree politicians are cowards, perhaps you think that by calling them "chXn's" they can be manipulated by someone like you into acting in a manner more suitable to you??? :lmao2: You are fooling yourself here..

Perhaps you can hone in your skillz w/ Eman &/or Hawk.......:lmao2:

Sawbriars
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Is this how you talked to other folks on AOL???? I have not been on there in many years, but back then it was becoming heavily moderated..... Was your exit voluntary???

I don't agree politicians are cowards, perhaps you think that by calling them "chXn's" they can be manipulated by someone like you into acting in a manner more suitable to you??? :lmao2: You are fooling yourself here..

Obviously you have not heard that all of the aol message boards were taken down....aol being controlled by powerful liberals(george soros) did not want so much free speech available during a time of terrible stress when there is a hint of revolution in the air.

Sawbriars
05-30-2012, 10:14 AM
I agree with the first part.

I do not understand the second part. :confused:

Some politicians are black and come from the cities you are talking about.

Well at least you .......are honest.

O.K. this is how it works. As most who read much on crime, crime stats and or are familiar with our inner cities...aka ghettoes---know that the great majority of crime in these areas is commited by our (minority population) I have to be very careful and sensitive here due to the reputation of this boards moderators who as I have been told do not like any sort of racial discussion.

In conjunction with the above anyone who is up on politics in this nation should know and understand tha%t political correctness dominates the landscape aka........one well known white politcian comitted political suicide by attending a birthday party for Strom Thurmond...remember that?

Now there are a lot of things at play here and what it comes down to is that no politician who wants to have a long career can afford to be labeled a racist.........as is and as would be anyone who dares point out the fact that
l2% of our total population commits over half of our violent crime.....this of course includes rapes. The minority in question has mader sport of raping white women for decades now.

Now the fact that blacks suffer more frome these criminal thugs seems to escape the mindset of the so called black leadership..........it is very easy to understand why white politicians dare not involve themselves inthis mess.....but one would think that at least black politicians would have the courage to try and do something about this huge,huge problem but obviously that is not the case.

I think for several reasons.........they have made much mileage out of portraying negroes as innocent victims and th
us will not risk losing all that by amitting the huge crime problem. Also they would riske the wrath of their fellow radical liberal associates for attempting to blame negroes for their own problems...........when the party line for years has been to hold white society to blame an account for all the problems in the minority area.

Do you hear what I am saying?

nondual
05-30-2012, 10:24 AM
Obviously you have not heard that all of the aol message boards were taken down....aol being controlled by powerful liberals(george soros) did not want so much free speech available during a time of terrible stress when there is a hint of revolution in the air.
George Soros is gaining power as Rupert loses it. :D

Bill Cosby
05-30-2012, 12:09 PM

No, I didn't know that............. That was the only thing it was good for back in the day...........

So you got booted from there.............

Gary
05-30-2012, 02:06 PM
Do you trust the government?

82CYNj7noic

Questions?

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 02:09 PM

Yes Sawbriars.

Go to the Election Forum and vote for Eman.

Gary
05-30-2012, 02:33 PM
Yes Sawbriars.

Go to the Election Forum and vote for Eman.

You'll take a vote from any suckwad on site, who even falsely claims to be black. I ought to run against you with the jamming with Gary ticket.

OHWrudgCc3Q

j-4I3W_GZy4

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 03:09 PM
You'll take a vote from any suckwad on site, who even falsely claims to be black. I ought to run against you with the jamming with Gary ticket.
Get in the race.

I would love to mop the floor with you.

Heck yeah I'll take Fake Black Sawbriars' vote.

Bruce LeeRoy
05-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Get in the race.

Yeah, I'll vote for you too EMan, as long as you kick the dog piss out of Gary! :thumbsup:

:lmao2: :lmao2:

Gary
05-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Get in the race.

Enlarge!

mEszTzdUMcY

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 03:21 PM
Gary fears the DCJ political power of Eman.

Gary
05-30-2012, 04:04 PM
Gary fears the DCJ political power of Eman.

Just how many thousands of Ks does that job pay?

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 04:18 PM
Just how many thousands of Ks does that job pay?
I already get paid $5 per post by Rupert Murdock.

So I will not as for a salary.

Ask Moby and BC.

Gary
05-30-2012, 04:24 PM
I already get paid $5 per post by Rupert Murdock.

So I will not as for a salary.

Ask Moby and BC.

If they have the coin, then contact, otherwise, fuck it!

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 04:41 PM
If they have the coin, then contact, otherwise, fuck it!
I would estimate that the position would at least be equal to that of the president of the United States.

Gary
05-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I would estimate that the position would at least be equal to that of the president of the United States.

Are you talking about being on all fours?

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 05:05 PM
Are you talking about being on all fours?
Is this leading to one of your sick animal sex metaphors?

Gary
05-30-2012, 06:40 PM
Is this leading to one of your sick animal sex metaphors?

I told you to leave that groundhog alone.

Environment Man
05-30-2012, 06:48 PM
Gary and his farm animals.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

Gary
05-30-2012, 08:06 PM
Gary and his farm animals.

Be afraid.

Be very afraid.

I grew up in a city until I was 11 and spent most of the summers in the city to earn money until my grandparents left to live on one of their farms when I was around age 15. I've helped neighbors and family on farms, but damned if I'd want one. I don't even want a fucking garden, because I had enough of that shit as a kid. My hunting and gathering is done at WalMart and Acme, so I simply replace what has been used and keep my pantry well stocked. I can open the door and count within minutes all the things I need.

I hate to tell you this, but there aren't groundhog farms and you can trust me on that.

Bill Cosby
05-31-2012, 12:28 AM
GawdamNed Gary is a walmart shopper.................LMAO

Figures.............

No wonder he pissed all the time......

rastaman
05-31-2012, 06:28 AM

http://images.cafepress.com/product/11185756_400x400_Front.jpg

rastaman
05-31-2012, 06:30 AM
Obama increased debt 5 trillion, you seemed happy about that.

http://www.alan.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/debt-changes-under-bush-obama.jpg

Environment Man
05-31-2012, 06:35 AM
I grew up in a city until I was 11 and spent most of the summers in the city to earn money until my grandparents left to live on one of their farms when I was around age 15. I've helped neighbors and family on farms, but damned if I'd want one. I don't even want a fucking garden, because I had enough of that shit as a kid. My hunting and gathering is done at WalMart and Acme, so I simply replace what has been used and keep my pantry well stocked. I can open the door and count within minutes all the things I need.

I hate to tell you this, but there aren't groundhog farms and you can trust me on that.
Too bad.

I love my garden.

And farming is a noble profession.

I am a country boy. But I can deal with the city.

Bill Cosby
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Too bad.

I love my garden.

Me too..............:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My tiny backyard is almost all garden, I tilled the grass in........ I left only the boarder bushes......

I have artichokes on the far left, & asparagus on the far right...... (both perennial)...

I am going to post more in the the garden thread (http://www.dcjunkies.com/showthread.php?t=20660&page=8&highlight=garden)

It is theraputic for me...........lol I prefer doing it (work) then just picking....

First batch is great, but after a week it's :banghead: I gotta go pick again:banghead:

Gary
05-31-2012, 12:31 PM
GawdamNed Gary is a walmart shopper.................LMAO

Figures.............

No wonder he pissed all the time......

When it comes to most food items, the only difference is the price. This town only has 4 supermarkets and one is small and expensive. I go to SuperG on occasion, if I'm in that area and mostly go to Acme for regular items. When I want to buy a few hundred bucks worth of ordinary food items, WalMart is the best place around here. I don't like many of their meats, but their deli is as good or better than Acme.

Since you're such an expert and smartass, where would you suggest I go?

Bill Cosby
05-31-2012, 12:40 PM
to hell......lol

just kiddin.....

I only bUy choice cuts I don't know what they sell there..

not only are they non union they are anti union dirty and undercutting union wages..
I guess you see it as compromise, your call I guess if that's all you can afford

Gary
05-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Too bad.

I love my garden.

Fuck the gardens, I've had enough of it!

3dxiOKb3z6w

Bill Cosby
05-31-2012, 01:34 PM
Fuck the gardens, I've had enough of it!

3dxiOKb3z6w

What did you grow???

You sound like you don't even have a house plant in your domicile...........:o