PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or has the net slowed to a crawl

Libraltarian
01-02-2008, 11:46 PM
geez louise it's a pain these days. I can't listen to radio while I'm working it drops the stream. Waiting for loads is like the old days of 28k. It's getting so I don't even want to log on now. I've talked to the ISP a few days back and the said they'd look into it. No response.

I did the trend micro thing and found some worms & malware and got rid of it. NO change. I switched from IE to Firefox, no change. Offline my 'puter is fast and I regularly defrag and do the other maintenance.

Anybody else having net drag?

LadyMod at scam.com
01-03-2008, 12:24 AM
geez louise it's a pain these days. I can't listen to radio while I'm working it drops the stream. Waiting for loads is like the old days of 28k. It's getting so I don't even want to log on now. I've talked to the ISP a few days back and the said they'd look into it. No response.

I did the trend micro thing and found some worms & malware and got rid of it. NO change. I switched from IE to Firefox, no change. Offline my 'puter is fast and I regularly defrag and do the other maintenance.

Anybody else having net drag?

No. I have a cable connection and dsl at work, neither one is having any problems.

Lady Mod

Bill
01-03-2008, 12:46 AM
Mine seems pretty much the same.

disrupter
01-03-2008, 06:49 AM
Always good to look at one's local machine first.

Keep in mind though, if DSL, broadband providers can slow dial-up down enough they might be trying to push people into spending all that extra money for it.

The United States could probably easily have nation wide fiberoptics with all the money we waste on corporate welfare.

But DC works for profit stealing corporations & not for you & me.

Libraltarian
01-03-2008, 12:27 PM
I'm DSL at the office. No 'puter at home. I prefer cable. It's probably Verizon playing games. Like $260.00 isn't enough for two phone lines & a modem. The contract price was under $210.00 but somehow they always seem to scam another 40-50 bucks in phony tax charges and other deceiving billing practices.

Little Red Dog
01-03-2008, 04:20 PM
I have cable. It seemed to slow down a little bit over the holidays for a few days, but it's back to normal now.

Probably a cable/DSL thing.

angelamia
01-30-2008, 03:25 PM
i share internet with the woman upstairs (i live in a duplex) and she has AT&T. It's super slow and shuts off alot. She claims she didn't have a problem before i started sharing, but i think she probably just didnt notice it before. (she only uses it to check email). maybe its just the internet provider you have.