PDA

View Full Version : Latinos for......

anatta
04-18-2012, 12:06 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2012/04/campaign-launches-latinos-for-obama/1
President Obama's re-election campaign is organizing its bid for crucial Hispanic voters, setting up a group called Latinos for Obama and releasing ads in the key states of Colorado, Nevada and Florida.

"It's no secret that Latinos will be a deciding factor in this election," said Obama campaign manager Jim Messina, and the outcome will affect Hispanic Americans "for years to come."

In an announcement, the campaign described it as "the largest ever national effort to engage Hispanic Americans in their communities and involve them in the upcoming election through voter registration, volunteering and voting."

The first in a series of Spanish language television and radio ads features first-person tributes to Obama.

President Obama speaking last year in El Paso, Texas.CAPTIONBy LM Otero, APThe Republican Party announced its own Hispanic outreach earlier this week, stressing six states: Florida, New Mexico, Colorado, Virginia, North Carolina and Nevada.

"We are going to engage Hispanics and Latinos like we've never done before," said Republican Party Chairman Reince Priebus.

As USA TODAY's Jackie Kucinich reports, the GOP's Hispanic program includes George P. Bush, the son of former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and the nephew of President George W. Bush.

So far, polls give Obama a big advantage among Hispanics, thanks to such issues as immigration, education and health

anatta
04-18-2012, 12:12 PM
here we go. the demographic divides.Inevitable. and a disguting way to segregate Americans. But it's typical electoral politics.

women/blacks/latinos/gays/rednecks/seniors/"young voters"/college reach out/Mom v Moms/NASCAR dads/
Soccer moms(and dads)/rural/urban/regional/unions/Chamber of Commerce/rich/too rich/OK wealthy but not "rich"/poverty/guns/bibles
/clinging to such/old white guys/college grads/ out of work grads/Wall St./main street/ under 55/over 55/

Bill Cosby
04-18-2012, 02:50 PM
I think it is always difficult to categorize ppl, but they seem to like doing it.......

That is why we have the branding-you know I am a dem, a marloboro, ford truck, levi wearing guy............

SO we pick them by their brand, not necessarily their alleged views...

anatta
04-18-2012, 04:19 PM
I think it is always difficult to categorize ppl, but they seem to like doing it.......

That is why we have the branding-you know I am a dem, a marloboro, ford truck, levi wearing guy............

SO we pick them by their brand, not necessarily their alleged views...
yes. we self identify with some subset. yet we'll sit here and say we're all human.

It's like an ideology, branding (good word), and the politicial "gurus" eat this for breakfast.

we added 2 new Congressional districts. Florida passed "fair Districts", which is supposed to eliminate ( or lessen) gerrymandering.

Guess What? the first criteria was "minority", then went on to lessors.( compact, geographical natural boundaries).
The whole thing went to Florida court like 3 times, they finally settled on something - i lost interest.

So we HAD to create a safe Latino district/ HAD to SAVE a Black district.

Whatever happened to Dr. Kings words? "Judge a person by his character not his skin color" (paraphrased).

I'm a Marlboro Man myself -but that's DIFFERENT