PDA

View Full Version : Jackson AND Sharpton in (yet another) Sanford rally

anatta
03-26-2012, 10:12 AM
One month ago, 17-year-old Trayvon Martin was shot and killed while walking to his father's house. Two well-known activists are leading a march in his honor Monday in Sanford.

The teen's death has sparked outrage in Central Florida and across the nation. On Monday, crowds will gather in Iowa, Tennessee, Indiana, Texas, Maryland and other states to honor Martin.

In Central Florida, crowds gathered in Sanford and in Eatonville over the weekend.

A community panel will be held at Eatonville's Macedonia Church at 12 p.m. Monday. Martin's parents are expected to attend. The family's attorneys, Ben Crump and Natalie Jackson, will be present as panelists.

At 4 p.m., a march led by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will begin at Centennial Park and end at the Sanford Civic Center. :disbelief:

AA special city commission meeting will begin at the civic center at 5 p.m. Martinís family will attend the town hall meeting.

poet
03-26-2012, 10:19 AM
And? Is there a problem? People have a right to assemble, protest and rally.

anatta
03-26-2012, 10:27 AM
hey guys?? go home already, there is nothing you can accomplish, Shapton you had you rally last week.

Jackson: "Blacks are under attack." - what based on sanford?? we don't even KNOW if race was a motive.

Sharpton:
We wanted to come out and say we did not come here for a temporary leave of absence, we came for permanent justice," Sharpton said before the rally began Thursday. "Arrest Zimmerman now! That's what this rally is about," he said, according to the Orlando Sentinel

enough already, you got the FBI/Doj/FDLE, and lord knows whom else.

These guys are ultimate opportunists - never let a crisis go to waste -it FACETIME !!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT?? It's too late to "arrest Zimmerman now" -it's in front of a grand jury.
Do you want to just bypass this? Lets save time and avoid a trail - even better.

Jackson's over the top comments - we don't even know if it was racial, or just a hyped up agressor, who hated teenagers.
Conflicting witness make motives. Let's at least acknowledge reasonable doubt on the motivations - not clearing Zimmerman, he was way off base following Travvon, but are we SURE it was racial?

We're not sure of anything in this case -except the sanford police screwed it up/

But DO keep the divisive atmosphere going, there is no profit in giving ppl time to heal.OR let the Grand Jury do their jobs. Nope; can't have that. :disbelief:

I guess this is the last stop in sanford, pretty much drained everything out of this situation. time to find another crisis.

They always do.

anatta
03-26-2012, 10:36 AM
And? Is there a problem? People have a right to assemble, protest and rally.
The problem is the quantity, we've had rallies all over the nation.

We've had Shapton and Jackson have their say, and lead their ralies.

How much longer do you want this pot to stew? Unfortunately, we are where we are. no amount of rallies is gonna make justice go any faster.

It HAS to go to a grand jury now, that's where it is. This has gone on long enough, nothing constructive can come from constant prodding, an arrest wasn't made. everyone has made their comments from POTUS on down, cities have had rallies for 2 weeks across the country.

At some point , you just have to let justice do it's job, no amount of more rallies, calls for justice are going to speed this up.

The DoJ/FBI MUST CONCLUDE their investigations, i would imagine they are going full speed.

poet
03-26-2012, 10:37 AM
hey guys?? go home already, there is nothing you can accomplish, Shapton you had you rally last week.

Jackson: "Blacks are under attack." - what based on sanford?? we don't even KNOW if race was a motive.

Sharpton:

These guys are ultimate opportunists - never let a crisis go to waste -it FACETIME !!!!

WHAT DO YOU WANT?? It's too late to "arrest Zimmerman now" -it's in front of a grand jury.
Do you want to just bypass this? Lets save time and avoid a trail - even better.

Jackson's over the top comments - we don't even know if it was racial, or just a hyped up agressor, who hated teenagers.
Conflicting witness make motives. Let's at least acknowledge reasonable doubt on the motivations - not clearing Zimmerman, he was way off base following Travvon, but are we SURE it was racial?

We're not sure of anything in this case -except the sanford police screwed it up/

But DO keep the divisive atmosphere going, there is no profit in giving ppl time to heal.OR let the Grand Jury do their jobs. Nope; can't have that. :disbelief:

I guess this is the last stop in sanford, pretty much drained everything out of this situation. time to find another crisis.

They always do.

We do know that race was a motive, by way of the 911 tapes, (i.e. "fuckin' coon", "they always get away"). And it's never too late to arrest Zimmerman now. They do it all the time on Law and Order.
And let's blame the outraged family and citizens for the divisive atmosphere, shall we? This is not going away. Get used to it.

poet
03-26-2012, 10:40 AM

How much longer do you want this pot to stew? Unfortunately, we are where we are. no amount of rallies is gonna make justice go any faster.

It HAS to go to a grand jury now, that's where it is. This has gone on long enough, nothing constructive can come from constant prodding, an arrest wasn't made. everyone has made their comments from POTUS on down, cities have had rallies for 2 weeks across the country.

At some point , you just have to let justice do it's job, no amount of more rallies, calls for justice are going to speed this up.

The DoJ/FBI MUST CONCLUDE their investigations, i would imagine they are going full speed.

As long as it takes until an arrest is made, and a trial happens. Folks are going to rally to assuage their anger and their sorrow. Would you rather they riot? And you can't tell people what they need to or should do. Somebody's child is dead. And the police didn't even bother to use the boy's cell phone to try to contact the family for 3 days. And folks have the nerve to be concerned about how Zimmerman is feeling. This is fuckin' AmeriKKKa.

anatta
03-26-2012, 10:43 AM
We do know that race was a motive, by way of the 911 tapes, (i.e. "fuckin' coon", "they always get away"). And it's never too late to arrest Zimmerman now. They do it all the time on Law and Order.
And let's blame the outraged family and citizens for the divisive atmosphere, shall we? This is not going away. Get used to it.
This ain't "Law and Order" this is the Doj/FBI/FDLE doing their jobs.

Do you want them to rush thru an investigation?
Or would you prefer they gather evidence, and presnt it to a grand jury -solid evidence. and get a conviction.

No-one's
let's blame the outraged family and citizens for the divisive atmosphere understood.

Sharpton and Jackson are gloming onto this, they've already said everything that can be said.

The rallies have shown support for the family. All good. But there's a time to let justice wheel's turn, this is it.

Nothing more can be accomplished thru rallies, and marches.
If one's conscious isn't raised by now, then it aint gonna happen.

anatta
03-26-2012, 10:57 AM
As long as it takes until an arrest is made, and a trial happens. Folks are going to rally to assuage their anger and their sorrow. Would you rather they riot? And you can't tell people what they need to or should do. Somebody's child is dead. And the police didn't even bother to use the boy's cell phone to try to contact the family for 3 days. And folks have the nerve to be concerned about how Zimmerman is feeling. This is fuckin' AmeriKKKa.
I don't care about Zimmerman, "as long as it take?" huh?
Suppose it takes a couple weeks for the grand jury to indict.
Suppose it takes a couple weeks to seat a jury.
A trail could take a few more weeks.

you rather they riot? - i haven't anyone calling for a riot, so it that the choice? Either endless rallies or a riot?

California Chrome
03-26-2012, 09:58 PM

The DoJ/FBI MUST CONCLUDE their investigations, i would imagine they are going full speed.This is another Duke Lacrosse freak show.

There were Black Panther freaks up here today protesting the State Attorney assigned to the case. Fuck them and the lynch mob media. I've have enough.

JDubya
03-26-2012, 10:59 PM

He didn't say "coon" you lying asshat.

That has been established.

He said PUNKS.

And I'll bet you anything it IS going away.

It'll go away as soon as all the evidence either exonerating or drastically lessening the severity of any misstep by Zimmerman comes out & the public sees how idiotically they jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Then the hue & cry will fizzle out like a 4th of July sparkler in a mud puddle.

JDubya
03-26-2012, 11:03 PM
I don't care about Zimmerman, "as long as it take?" huh?
Suppose it takes a couple weeks for the grand jury to indict.
Suppose it takes a couple weeks to seat a jury.
A trail could take a few more weeks.
- i haven't anyone calling for a riot, so it that the choice? Either endless rallies or a riot?

This case isn't going to trial THIS YEAR.

IF it goes to trial at all, it'll likely be next year.

If it even goes to court, it'll probably be plea bargained down to involuntary manslaughter & probation time with no trial.

And it'll all be forgotten about by then.

Sephiri
03-26-2012, 11:05 PM
He didn't say "coon" you lying asshat.

That has been established.

He said PUNKS.

And I'll bet you anything it IS going away.

It'll go away as soon as all the evidence either exonerating or drastically lessening the severity of any misstep by Zimmerman comes out & the public sees how idiotically they jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Then the hue & cry will fizzle out like a 4th of July sparkler in a mud puddle.

It's amazing how you insult people for how stupid they are, and then you call the matter "established"

The FBI have the tape. Probaby a little more credible than internet opinions.

TTQ64
03-26-2012, 11:32 PM

Sharpton:

They always do.

"Going home already" is not a option. We are not going to let this unjustice just get swept under the rug like usual.

It's time to put racism front and center.

It's time to stop the stereotyps and profiling of our young black men, latinos, and muslims.

If you dont like what's going on, then do something about it and join the movement to end racism.

If you dont think racism is a problem then sit on the side lines and watch how we work. You might learn something.

Not this time, We've had enough!

TTQ64
03-26-2012, 11:35 PM
This ain't "Law and Order" this is the Doj/FBI/FDLE doing their jobs.

Do you want them to rush thru an investigation?
Or would you prefer they gather evidence, and presnt it to a grand jury -solid evidence. and get a conviction.

No-one's understood.

Sharpton and Jackson are gloming onto this, they've already said everything that can be said.

The rallies have shown support for the family. All good. But there's a time to let justice wheel's turn, this is it.

Nothing more can be accomplished thru rallies, and marches.
If one's conscious isn't raised by now, then it aint gonna happen.

"Nothing more can be accomplished thru rallies, and marches.
If one's conscious isn't raised by now, then it aint gonna happen".

How do you think the Civil Rights movement got started?
You think Dr. King did one march and stopped? REALLY?????

Hawkeye2j
03-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Zimmerman is a fucking murderer

California Chrome
03-26-2012, 11:39 PM
Traythug was a thug.

After reading this it wouldn't surprise me if he was casing out the place to steal something.

http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/26/v-fullstory/2714778/thousands-expected-at-trayvon.html

anatta
03-26-2012, 11:42 PM
"Nothing more can be accomplished thru rallies, and marches.
If one's conscious isn't raised by now, then it aint gonna happen".

How do you think the Civil Rights movement got started?
You think Dr. King did one march and stopped? REALLY?????
No It was a long struggle. This is a court case , not a movement -or do you think it's more then a single case?

TTQ64
03-26-2012, 11:50 PM
No It was a long struggle. This is a court case , not a movement -or do you think it's more then a single case?

This is the case that is starting the movement. And, it will be another long struggle.

Keyser Soze
03-27-2012, 12:03 AM
This is one of many cases that didn't get the coverage. This is not new. This didn't just happen. This has been happening for quite a while. The Muslim woman that was beaten to death with a note left by her head, in her own home, saying " Go back to your country" this is another example of what has been happening for a long time. Do you honestly think this is an aberration? Really?

Keyser Soze
03-27-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure why you've come to this belief but in my opinion you're wrong on this. This is picking up where the movement left off...it's over due.

anatta
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
I'm not sure why you've come to this belief but in my opinion you're wrong on this. This is picking up where the movement left off...it's over due.
I wuz asking, not giving my opinion :thumbsup:

TTQ64
03-27-2012, 12:17 AM
This is one of many cases that didn't get the coverage. This is not new. This didn't just happen. This has been happening for quite a while. The Muslim woman that was beaten to death with a note left by her head, in her own home, saying " Go back to your country" this is another example of what has been happening for a long time. Do you honestly think this is an aberration? Really?

Exactly!

California Chrome
03-27-2012, 12:42 AM
I'm not sure why you've come to this belief but in my opinion you're wrong on this. This is picking up where the movement left off...it's over due.:lmao2: :lmao2:

A bowel movement. It's nothing but rabble-rousing shit.

Keyser Soze
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
I wuz asking, not giving my opinion :thumbsup:
Thanks for making that clear..:thumbsup:

TTQ64
03-27-2012, 12:45 AM
:lmao2: :lmao2:

A bowel movement. It's nothing but rabble-rousing shit.

LMAO! Gotta hand it to you, that was funny.

Keyser Soze
03-27-2012, 12:47 AM
I'm not into bathroom humor.

TTQ64
03-27-2012, 12:48 AM
Thanks for making that clear..:thumbsup:

Don't get it twisted though, his/her opinion is for every one to go home.