PDA

View Full Version : "Latest AfPak War news"

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 08:07 AM
Friday, March 2, 2012
http://warnewstoday.blogspot.com/
Reported security incidents
#1: Officials in Pakistan are quoted as saying at least 10 Pakistani soldiers and 23 suspected militants have been killed in a clash in the northwestern Khyber tribal region, near the Afghanistan border. Security officials are quoted by the AFP and Reuters news agencies as saying the clash occurred on March 2 in the Tirah valley, and one official was quoted as saying the fighting lasted for nearly six hours. Reports say the clash broke out after militants attacked a security checkpoint and Pakistani troops returned fire. An AFP report quotes a Khyber official as saying militants of the Taliban-linked Lashkar-e-Islam group launched the attack.

#2: Taliban shot dead a pro-government tribal elder of Mohmand Agency along with his nine-year-old son in Ghoshta area of Afghanistan near the border. Malik Nasrullah, an elder of Mamad Kor Khwezai, and his son Yasir were killed by militants in Afghanistan, sources said here on Thursday.

#3: Six tribesmen were critically injured when six mortar shells fired by NATO forces in Afghanistan landed in Zairai village of tehsil Dattakhel in North Waziristan Agency on Thursday. Official sources said that NATO forces stationed in Afghanistan fired six mortar shells into Dattakhel area of North Waziristan, the tribal area considered by US as stronghold of al Qaeda-affiliated terrorists, seriously injuring six tribesmen. The injured were shifted to hospital.

#4: A suicide bomber detonated his explosive vest at a camp of the Lashkar-e-Islam (LI) militant group in the northwestern Khyber tribal region, killing four militants and wounding six, an LI spokesman and intelligence officials said.

At least 23 people were killed when a suicide blast occurred near a mosque in Pakistan's northwestern tribal area of Khyber Agency on Friday afternoon, reported local Urdu TV channel ARY.

#5: Pakistani fighter jets bombed two militant hideouts in the Akhunkot and Barlas areas of the northwestern Orakzai tribal region, killing 15 militants and wounding 12 others, security officials said.

#6: Gunmen opened fire at a car in the northwestern city of Peshawar, killing an intelligence official, police officials said.

#7: Three militants were killed and two soldiers wounded when militants attacked a Pakistani paramilitary convoy in the Dera Bugti area of the southwestern Baluchistan province late on Thursday, security officials said on Friday.

#8: According to local authorities in southern Afghanistan, at least 4 people were killed and another one was injured following armed clashes between the Afghan National Army and International Coalition Security Forces in southern Kandahar province. The officials further added, the incident took place on Thursday morning around 3 am local time at Zherai district of southern Kandahar province.

#9: According to local officials northern Faryab province, at least 5 people including 2 Afghan security forces were killed following an improvised explosive device explosion in this province. Provincial security chief Abdul Khaliq Aqsai said, the incident took place at Senjetak area at Qaisar district, killing at least 2 Afghan police and 3 Afghan civilians. He also added, deputy of development council for northern Faryab province was also injured during the incident.

#10: Two area soldiers were among five from Michigan injured Sunday by an explosive device in Afghanista

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 08:11 AM
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8Q7MUKO0&show_article=1&cat=0
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - A roadside blast struck a NATO convoy in southern Afghanistan and wounded four alliance soldiers Saturday, while fighting in three separate regions of the country left more than 100 militants dead, officials said.
Violence is rising rapidly in Afghanistan five years into the U.S.-led effort to defeat the Taliban,

The NATO convoy was attacked west of Kandahar city, and the four wounded soldiers were taken to a nearby military hospital, said Maj. John Thomas, a NATO spokesman.

Qari Yousef Ahmadi, a purported Taliban spokesman, said a suicide bomber had attacked the convoy.

An Associated Press reporter at the scene said the wounded soldiers were Canadian, but that could not be immediately confirmed.

The attack happened a day after officials said fierce fighting in three separate regions of Afghanistan killed more than 100 militants.

Shalizai Dedar, governor of northeastern Kunar province, said villagers accused foreign troops of killing dozens of civilians in airstrikes Friday. He said about 60 militants died in the battle but he could not confirm the reports of civilian deaths.

U.S.-led coalition and NATO spokesmen on Friday emphasized that ground commanders had evaluated the terrain in Kunar province to prevent civilian casualties, but Dedar said villagers had reported that an initial airstrike killed 10 civilians—and that a second killed about 30 people who were trying to bury the dead.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 08:14 AM
i should start a blog. gruesome news of the day.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 09:07 AM
9 views. no comments.......that alone says something
I guess everyone is immune from the clusterfuck of AfPak.

No worries while we destroy yet another coumtry,,,,,what what "the mission" again?

No one knows, cares. Ya' all have a nice day with the partisianship bashing.

Reflect on this if you will -this is ONE DAY in the hell we created.......................

Keyser Soze
03-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Many here voted to end the wars and are just as disappointed and disgusted as you are Cosmic.

I hope you're able to have a good day.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 10:01 AM
Many here voted to end the wars and are just as disappointed and disgusted as you are Cosmic.

I hope you're able to have a good day.
i hear you, i don't hear a lot of disgust, but then again, i can't make ppl comment.
All we can do is try to raise conscious of the utter horrors we sow across the planet.

What's gonna really "thrill me" is Obomber's gonna campaign on this shit, and the Dem's ( as well as most of Amerika) will applaude like trained seals.

"yes he got bin Laden, and the Evil Dictator Gaddafi"-talking points, dumbed down understanding of our multiple wars.

I'm HOPING maybe we FINALLY fucking learn something - like I HOPED for CHANGE from the lessons of Vietnam.
I'm prepared to be dissapointed once again.

If good ppl don't speak up, the Unitary Presidency will continue it's bellicose mannerisms, prodded by the MIC.

Oh well. This isn't my century, it's up to America to find it's role in the world.
Warring the planet is counter-productive/expensive/ and breeds death and hate.

I hope to see they day when we understand this. I Srsly doubt I will.

Thanks KEYSER :) appreciate the responce and the thoughts.
Have a great day too.

BlackAsCoal
03-02-2012, 10:08 AM
Not many here are actually interested in the news of Obama's wars. It conflicts with their claim to be against needless wars, for humanity, against corporate-run government, and against the military-industrial complex.

Put a republican in the White House and this thread would be exploding with their anger and disgust as such a waste of human life and precious resources.

Of course republicans love war anyway it's served.

BlackAsCoal
03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Two More US Soldiers Killed by Afghan Gunmen

The shooting was only the latest in a series of cases of Afghan trainees turning their guns on their NATO counterparts

Two U.S. soldiers were shot dead in southern Afghanistan on Thursday by an Afghan soldier and apparently an Afghan civilian, in the latest incidence of supposed NATO allies turning on occupation forces.
http://news.antiwar.com/2012/03/01/two-more-us-soldiers-killed-by-afghan-gunmen/

Think of the situation this puts US soldiers in .. knowing that the gun you're handing the guy you're training could hold the bullet that ends your life.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 10:42 AM
Not many here are actually interested in the news of Obama's wars. It conflicts with their claim to be against needless wars, for humanity, against corporate-run government, and against the military-industrial complex.

Put a republican in the White House and this thread would be exploding with their anger and disgust as such a waste of human life and precious resources.

Seems to be the Republican way, i expect little else from the RW hawks.
I expect BETTER from the Dem's - but ive' learning to live with diminished expectations from the duopoly.

Afterall; this is an ELECTION YEAR. So we don't dare criticize "our party."

I see little difference in the mindset when it comes to war/ "Nat'l Security" now.
The Partys are the same mindmeld. Useless. Why I'm done with partisianship.

Keyser Soze
03-02-2012, 10:43 AM
It's a long term plan and goal...to drag the entire country to the right.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
It's a long term plan and goal...to drag the entire country to the right.
I don't really think our foreign wars are "left/right" issues anymore.
Once there was a time when the Dem's were the TRUE Peace party -
forget that -that is 'no longer operative'.

But yes, I do agree the country seems to be shifting right -at least compared back when the left had a conscience.
I'm not talking recent Bush history - when the Dems found their voice.
That was a blip on the radar screen - i do believe the Dem's truely were againt Iraq for principled reasons.

But they threw it out the window, as soon as Obama became POTUS.

Beats me. I tend to chalk it up to post 9-11 paranoia, but that's too simplistic.
Also not logical. I honestly do NOT understand the modern Democratic party, on "Nat'l Security" - other then the fact what you said:

drag the entire country to the right

Keyser Soze
03-02-2012, 11:26 AM
I don't really think our foreign wars are "left/right" issues anymore.
Once there was a time when the Dem's were the TRUE Peace party -
forget that -that is 'no longer operative'.

But yes, I do agree the country seems to be shifting right -at least compared back when the left had a conscience.
I'm not talking recent Bush history - when the Dems found their voice.
That was a blip on the radar screen - i do believe the Dem's truely were againt Iraq for principled reasons.

But they threw it out the window, as soon as Obama became POTUS.

Beats me. I tend to chalk it up to post 9-11 paranoia, but that's too simplistic.
Also not logical. I honestly do NOT understand the modern Democratic party, on "Nat'l Security" - other then the fact what you said:
To a true liberal they certainly are. War is not foreign policy...it's a last choice effort to defend against aggression. I consider that a left right issue...now if we're talking about what the dem party has become and how the propaganda has taken hold...it's still left right.

I agree about the support for the wars that is across the board...that and the Patriot Act, Homeland Security etc. etc....it's fascist, right wing and robbing us of our democracy.

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 11:49 AM
To a true liberal they certainly are. War is not foreign policy...it's a last choice effort to defend against aggression. I consider that a left right issue...now if we're talking about what the dem party has become and how the propaganda has taken hold...it's still left right.

I agree about the support for the wars that is across the board...that and the Patriot Act, Homeland Security etc. etc....it's fascist, right wing and robbing us of our democracy.
OK. now i see what you mean, forget the Dem v Repub in terms of foreign policy/war. For a true leftist, there is a distinction between left v right.

Good point :thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
03-02-2012, 01:17 PM

There is a lot of semantics there........ "Liberal", "democrat", left right etc.......

Personally a dem is neither left nor liberal, but some of them can be...........

What these words have come to mean is hazy & perhaps a matter of "convenience".....

The rational & duplicitous mindset seems about the same to me :dunno:......

Two teams, one way of thinking..........:o

Warden
03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Good thread CR, I will post what find in the area.

I am trying to stay out of it though, I have a tendency to derail threads.

If I find anything to add, I shall be posting though.

Cheers,

Mac McFadden
03-02-2012, 09:46 PM
It seems to me, there is a "message" to all these attacks on Americans.
The people who live there, don't want US there.
They would almost certainly stop trying to kill us if we just LEFT.
(No doubt they would continue killing each other, but that's not our problem.)

Tell me again: WHY are we still there?

Mac

CosmicRocker
03-02-2012, 09:51 PM
It seems to me, there is a "message" to all these attacks on Americans.
The people who live there, don't want US there.
They would almost certainly stop trying to kill us if we just LEFT.
(No doubt they would continue killing each other, but that's not our problem.)

Tell me again: WHY are we still there?

Mac
a very clear clarion call, as the message. as: "Get the hell out of our lands you foreigners"
No-one KNOWS why we are there, the mission creeps, it just sorta runs on inertia

Mac McFadden
03-02-2012, 10:13 PM
Inertia?
No. I think it runs on all the profits being raked in by the war profiteers.

Mac

Bill Cosby
03-03-2012, 01:07 AM
a very clear clarion call, as the message. as: "Get the hell out of our lands you foreigners"
No-one KNOWS why we are there, the mission creeps, it just sorta runs on inertia

I was talking to a neighbor the other night & she was all hyped up about her son coming home from Afghani-NAM.....

We talked a bit about him & what he is going to do (she is unsure if he is going to return or doing some special training somewhere else) & I mentioned that they are suppose to be wining this down & she seemed suprised/confused a bit & then she says I don't even know why we are there.....

She repeated it several times, & I could only add I don't either.....

EldonG
03-03-2012, 01:18 AM

It's pretty depressing, and one of the major reasons I dropped out of regular society to begin with. Sometimes I think there's no hope for this poor, pathetic race...and at times, I think...maybe that's not so bad.

Doublejack
03-03-2012, 01:55 AM
I don't a single person right or left that wants us to be over there. It's all sensless, horrific and heartbreaking. I voted for Obama to 1. stop the wars and 2. balance the fucking budget.

They pretty much coincide with eachother.. not sure what the hold up is. /shrug

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 07:43 AM
The Taliban have proven remarkably resilient in the face of far superior Western firepower.

But poor management of the recruiting process for the army and police has also given them an opportunity to infiltrate.

“One of the reasons enemies infiltrated inside the army is because they are not properly identified when they are enrolled,” said Hameed.

“The procedure is that new recruits must present birth certificate or any other documents to prove their identity but many present fake documents or don’t have any.”

A Ministry of Defence official said the large size of the Afghan army and police — about 250,000 — made it difficult to stop infiltration. Afghanistan hopes to create a force of about 350,000 and then trim some of it.

“We have identified and detained a number of suspicious soldiers recently who planned to carry out such (insider) attacks,” said Hameed.

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 07:44 AM
To put a check on drug-trafficking the US authorities have introduced a programme with the title ‘The Central Asia Counter-narcotics Initiative CACI’. The basic objective behind this programme is to promote regional cooperation in countering drug trafficking by setting up task forces in all five Central Asian countries and hooking them up with similar task force in

Afghanistan and Russia. A spokeswoman for the US State Department's Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs said commenting the CACI programme that US would continue bilateral consultations with the Central Asian states to make this programme successful.
But Russia has expressed her own apprehensions and reservation regarding the CACI programme and has asked its allies in the Collective Security Treaty Organization CSTO neither to participate nor to cooperate in the US counter-drug programme in Central Asia.

The Russian authorities are of the opinion that this programme would provide more probabilities to the USA to interfere into the affairs of the regional countries.
Russia is convinced that the main objective of this initiative is strengthening the military and political presence in a region that Moscow regards as its area of special interests.
The Russian hi-ups are very much true in their fears and apprehensions regarding the working of proposed CACI in the Central Asian Region.
If the CACI programme gets started, the US task forces shall no doubt have very wide powers and above all a full access to secret operational information supplied to law enforcement agencies and intelligence services of the Central Asia countries.
US would be in a stronger position to gather sensitive information and then use the data to exploit and blackmail the governments in the region.
In other words the CACI programme would prove itself another successful attempt of weakening the Central Asian region in near future.

BlackAsCoal
03-03-2012, 10:26 AM
It's pretty depressing, and one of the major reasons I dropped out of regular society to begin with. Sometimes I think there's no hope for this poor, pathetic race...and at times, I think...maybe that's not so bad.

I'm pretty much swimming up-stream most of the time brother. I don't see much hope in a realistic look at our future. Given the massive amounts of mindfuck that is fed to the American people, I don't see it.

However, I'm compelled to continue to fight for sanity and awareness. That's what I'm down to now. I used to fight for justice and a better world. But this society is going backwards. Awareness seems about all that's left achievable.

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 10:32 AM
I'm pretty much swimming up-stream most of the time brother. I don't see much hope in a realistic look at our future. Given the massive amounts of mindfuck that is fed to the American people, I don't see it.

However, I'm compelled to continue to fight for sanity and awareness. That's what I'm down to now. I used to fight for justice and a better world. But this society is going backwards. Awareness seems about all that's left achievable.
with awareness comes the possibility of sanity. not guaranteed, but to be aware of the full horrors, might sway.

Problem: Neither Obama nor a Repub POTUS shows any signs of changing this fiasco.
So we are going to be doing this 2 step to nowhere for quite awile.

Anyways -check out the link, think i'm gonna keep this thread going with the latest clusterfuck each day.

A Principled Life is all you can do BAC,as you once told me.

BlackAsCoal
03-03-2012, 10:54 AM
with awareness comes the possibility of sanity. not guaranteed, but to be aware of the full horrors, might sway.

Problem: Neither Obama nor a Repub POTUS shows any signs of changing this fiasco.
So we are going to be doing this 2 step to nowhere for quite awile.

Anyways -check out the link, think i'm gonna keep this thread going with the latest clusterfuck each day.

A Principled Life is all you can do BAC,as you once told me.

Agreed. Irrespective of what happens to society, the principled life means everything.

I don't look for hope in presidents, I look for it in the American people. As I look around this country, I don't see it. I don't see courage. I don't see principle. I've seen what real courage and principle look like.

But as you've said my friend, perhaps with awareness sanity can be restored.

Bill Cosby
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
The Taliban have proven remarkably resilient in the face of far superior Western firepower.

Something the Persians, Indians, Mongols, Russians, British etc learned long ago........

Funny, we knew that when the Russians went in there........:banghead:

Just give us another 10 years & unlimited capital, we will get those 100 or so alquida guys on donkeys, you can take that to the bank.........:thumbsup:

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 12:04 PM
Something the Persians, Indians, Mongols, Russians, British etc learned long ago........

Funny, we knew that when the Russians went in there........:banghead:

Just give us another 10 years & unlimited capital, we will get those 100 or so alquida guys on donkeys, you can take that to the bank.........:thumbsup:
we're TRYING to stay well past 2013 - but I think by that time, the same thing that happened in Iraq ( get out or your under Iraqi law), wil happen to the US.

Except, we're "negotiating" with the Taliban:lmao2:

Except. they aint gonna be too hospitable to continued foreigners in their lands.we'll be turning tail and running away just like the rest thru history.

The only question left is "how many more dead?"

Bill Cosby
03-03-2012, 12:28 PM
we're TRYING to stay well past 2013 - but I think by that time, the same thing that happened in Iraq ( get out or your under Iraqi law), wil happen to the US.

Except, we're "negotiating" with the Taliban:lmao2:

Except. they aint gonna be too hospitable to continued foreigners in their lands.we'll be turning tail and running away just like the rest thru history.

The only question left is "how many more dead?"

They have been for a long time............ It is just coming to light now perhaps, but this has been happening-Hell who/what do you think karazi is???

They are going to be the new & improved taliband, the good ones, the good taliband-not a hard sell, these are Americans, they will buy anything.. Especially if it is sold to them & some nice & shiny way.........

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 12:54 PM
They have been for a long time............ It is just coming to light now perhaps, but this has been happening-Hell who/what do you think karazi is???

They are going to be the new & improved taliband, the good ones, the good taliband-not a hard sell, these are Americans, they will buy anything.. Especially if it is sold to them & some nice & shiny way.........
not familiar with Karzai's background, but not surprised.
He's just a lackey anyway, milking us for what he can steal, and get money for his country.

They are going to be the new & improved taliband, the good ones, the good taliband-not a hard sell, these are Americans, they will buy anything..
maybe they'll buy some ammo for all the Taliban. We can't sell them cars, what is there like 1 road out of Kabul in the whole country?

we'll sell them Hope and Change - but i doubt they'll buy it.

Maybe open a few dry cleaners -did you see the snazy uniforms?
http://www.windsofchange.net/images/MIL_Afghan_Army_Soldier_Asadabad_lg.jpg

Kanadesaga
03-03-2012, 02:25 PM
Karzai is an ex oil executive for Unocal, now Chevron, Condi Rice's old company. I keep saying this is all about the Ken Lay memorial Pipeline but no one believes me. Because I can't find a link.

Warden
03-03-2012, 02:58 PM
Karzai is an ex oil executive for Unocal, now Chevron, Condi Rice's old company. I keep saying this is all about the Ken Lay memorial Pipeline but no one believes me. Because I can't find a link.

I believe what you are saying, I've been following this pipeline progress for a few years.

I can't find a link to say explicitly Ken Lay but I can post enough information to let the reader connect the dots.

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 04:13 PM
According to Afghan, Iranian, and Turkish government sources, Hamid Karzai, the interim Prime Minister of Afghanistan, was a top adviser to the El Segundo, California-based UNOCAL Corporation which was negotiating with the Taliban to construct a Central Asia Gas (CentGas) pipeline from Turkmenistan through western Afghanistan to Pakistan.

Karzai, the leader of the southern Afghan Pashtun Durrani tribe, was a member of the mujaheddin that fought the Soviets during the 1980s. He was a top contact for the CIA and maintained close relations with CIA Director William Casey, Vice President George Bush, and their Pakistani Inter Service Intelligence (ISI) Service interlocutors. Later, Karzai and a number of his brothers moved to the United States under the auspices of the CIA. Karzai continued to serve the agency's interests, as well as those of the Bush Family and their oil friends in negotiating the CentGas deal, according to Middle East and South Asian sources.

When one peers beyond all of the rhetoric of the White House and Pentagon concerning the Taliban, a clear pattern emerges showing that construction of the trans-Afghan pipeline was a top priority of the Bush administration from the outset. Although UNOCAL claims it abandoned the pipeline project in December 1998, the series of meetings held between U.S., Pakistani, and Taliban officials after 1998, indicates the project was never off the table.

Quite to the contrary, recent meetings between U.S. Ambassador to Pakistan Wendy Chamberlain and that country's oil minister Usman Aminuddin indicate the pipeline project is international Project Number One for the Bush administration. Chamberlain, who maintains close ties to the Saudi ambassador to Pakistan (a one-time chief money conduit for the Taliban), has been pushing Pakistan to begin work on its Arabian Sea oil terminus for the pipeline.Meanwhile, President Bush says that U.S. troops will remain in Afghanistan for the long haul. Far from being engaged in Afghan peacekeeping -- the Europeans are doing much of that -- our troops will effectively be guarding pipeline construction personnel that will soon be flooding into the country.

Karzai's ties with UNOCAL and the Bush administration are the main reason why the CIA pushed him for Afghan leader over rival Abdul Haq, the assassinated former mujaheddin leader from Jalalabad, and the leadership of the Northern Alliance, seen by Langley as being too close to the Russians and Iranians. Haq had no apparent close ties to the U.S. oil industry and, as both a Pushtun and a northern Afghani, was popular with a wide cross-section of the Afghan people, including the Northern Alliance. Those credentials likely sealed his fate.

The agency claimed it sent a remotely-piloted armed drone to attack the Taliban but its actions were too little and too late. Some observers in Pakistan claim the CIA tipped off the ISI about Haq's journey and the Pakistanis, in turn, informed the Taliban. McFarlane, who runs a K Street oil consulting firm, did not comment on further questions about the circumstances leading to the death of Haq.

While Haq was not part of the Bush administration's GOP (Grand Oil Plan) for South Asia, Karzai was a key player on the Bush Oil team. During the late 1990s, Karzai worked with an Afghani-American, Zalmay Khalilzad, on the CentGas project. Khalilzad is President Bush's Special National Security Assistant and recently named presidential Special Envoy for Afghanistan. Interestingly, in the White House press release naming Khalilzad special envoy, no mention was made of his past work for UNOCAL.

Khalilzad has worked on Afghan issues under National Security Advisor Condoleezza Rice, a former member of the board of Chevron, itself no innocent bystander in the future CentGas deal. Rice made an impression on her old colleagues at Chevron. The company has named one of their supertankers the SS Condoleezza Rice.

Khalilzad, a fellow Pashtun and the son of a former government official under King Mohammed Zahir Shah, was, in addition to being a consultant to the RAND Corporation, a special liaison between UNOCAL and the Taliban government. Khalilzad also worked on various risk analyses for the project.

Khalilzad's efforts complemented those of the Enron Corporation, a major political contributor to the Bush campaign. Enron, which recently filed for bankruptcy in the single biggest corporate collapse in the nation's history, conducted the feasibility study for the CentGas deal. Vice President Cheney held several secret meetings with top Enron officials, including its Chairman Kenneth Lay, earlier in 2001. These meetings were presumably part of Cheney's non-public Energy Task Force sessions. A number of Enron stockholders, including Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld and Trade Representative Robert Zoellick, became officials in the Bush administration. In addition, Thomas White, a former Vice Chairman of Enron and a multimillionaire in Enron stock, currently serves as the Secretary of the Army.

A chief benefactor in the CentGas deal would have been Halliburton, the huge oil pipeline construction firm that also had its eye on the Central Asian oil reserves. At the time, Halliburton was headed by Dick Cheney. After Cheney's selection as Bush's Vice Presidential candidate, Halliburton also pumped a huge amount of cash into the Bush-Cheney campaign coffers. And like oil cash cow Enron, there were Wall Street rumors in late December that Halliburton, which suffered a forty per cent drop in share value, might follow Enron into bankruptcy court.

Assisting with the CentGas negotiations with the Taliban was Laili Helms, the niece-in-law of former CIA Director Richard Helms. Laili Helms, also a relative of King Zahir Shah, was the Taliban's unofficial envoy to the United States and arranged for various Taliban officials to visit the United States. Laili Helms' base of operations was in her home in Jersey City on the Hudson River. Ironically, most of her work on behalf of the Taliban was practically conducted in the shadows of the World Trade Center, just across the river.

Laili Helms' liaison work for the Taliban paid off for Big Oil. In December 1997, the Taliban visited UNOCAL's Houston refinery operations. Interestingly, the chief Taliban leader based in Kandahar, Mullah Mohammed Omar, now on America's international Most Wanted List, was firmly in the UNOCAL camp. His rival Taliban leader in Kabul, Mullah Mohammed Rabbani (not to be confused with the head of the Northern Alliance Burhanuddin Rabbani), favored Bridas, an Argentine oil company, for the pipeline project.
But Mullah Omar knew UNOCAL had pumped large sums of money to the Taliban hierarchy in Kandahar and its expatriate Afghan supporters in the United States. Some of those supporters were also close to the Bush campaign and administration. And Kandahar was the city near which the CentGas pipeline was to pass, a lucrative deal for the otherwise desert outpost.

While Clinton's State Department omitted Afghanistan from the top foreign policy priority list, the Bush administration, beholden to the oil interests that pumped millions of dollars into the 2000 campaign, restored Afghanistan to the top of the list, but for all the wrong reasons. After Bush's accession to the presidency, various Taliban envoys were received at the State Department, CIA, and National Security Council. The CIA, which appears, more than ever, to be a virtual extended family of the Bush oil interests, facilitated a renewed approach to the Taliban. The CIA agent who helped set up the Afghan mujaheddin, Milt Bearden, continued to defend the interests of the Taliban. He bemoaned the fact that the United States never really bothered to understand the Taliban when he told the Washington Post last October, "We never heard what they were trying to say... We had no common language. Ours was, 'Give up bin Laden.' They were saying, 'Do something to help us give him up.' "

There were even reports that the CIA met with their old mujaheddin operative bin Laden in the months before September 11 attacks. The French newspaper Le Figaro quoted an Arab specialist named Antoine Sfeir who postulated that the CIA met with bin Laden in July in a failed attempt to bring him back under its fold. Sfeir said the CIA maintained links with bin Laden before the U.S. attacked his terrorist training camps in Afghanistan in 1998 and, more astonishingly, kept them going even after the attacks. Sfeir told the paper, "Until the last minute, CIA agents hoped bin Laden would return to U.S. command, as was the case before 1998." Bin Laden actually officially broke with the US in 1991 when US troops began arriving in Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Storm. Bin Laden felt this was a violation of the Saudi regime’s responsibility to protect the Islamic Holy Shrines of Mecca and Medina from the infidels. Bin Laden’s anti-American and anti-House of Saud rhetoric soon reached a fever pitch.

The Clinton administration made numerous attempts to kill Bin Laden. In August 1998, Al Qaeda operatives blew up several U.S. embassies in Africa. In response, Bill Clinton ordered cruise missiles to be launched from US ships in the Persian Gulf into Afghanistan, which missed Bin Laden by a few hours. The Clinton administration also devised a plan with Pakistan's ISI to send a team of assassins into Afghanistan to kill Bin Laden. But Pakistan's government was overthrown by General Musharraf, who was viewed as particularly close to the Taliban. The CIA cancelled its plans, fearing Musharraf's ISI would tip off the Taliban and Bin Laden. . The CIA's connections to the ISI in the months before September 11 and the weeks after are also worthy of a full-blown investigation. The CIA continues to maintain an unhealthy alliance with the ISI, the organization that groomed bin Laden and the Taliban. Last September, the head of the ISI, General Mahmud Ahmed, was fired by Pakistani President Pervez Musharraf for his pro-Taliban leanings and reportedly after the U.S. government presented Musharraf with disturbing intelligence linking the general to the terrorist hijackers.

General Ahmed was in Washington, DC on the morning of September 11 meeting with CIA and State Department officials as the hijacked planes slammed into the World Trade Center and Pentagon. Later, both the Northern Alliance spokesman in Washington, Haron Amin, and Indian intelligence, in an apparent leak to The Times of India, confirmed that General Ahmed ordered a Pakistani-born British citizen and known terrorist named Ahmed Umar Sheik to wire $100,000 from Pakistan to the U.S. bank account of Mohammed Atta, the lead hijacker.

When the FBI traced calls made between General Ahmed and Sheik's cellular phone - the number having been supplied by Indian intelligence to the FBI - a pattern linking the general with Sheik clearly emerged. According to The Times of India, the revelation that General Ahmed was involved in the Sheik-Atta money transfer was more than enough for a nervous and embarrassed Bush administration. It pressed Musharraf to dump General Ahmed. Musharraf mealy-mouthed the announcement of his general's dismissal by stating Ahmed "requested" early retirement.

Sheik was well known to the Indian police. He was arrested in New Delhi in 1994 for plotting to kidnap four foreigners, including an American citizen. Sheik was released by the Indians in 1999 in a swap for passengers on board New Delhi-bound Indian Airlines flight 814, hijacked by Islamic militants from Kathmandu, Nepal to Kandahar, Afghanistan. India continues to believe the ISI played a part in the hijacking since the hijackers were affiliated with the pro-bin Laden Kashmiri terrorist group, Harkat-ul-Mujaheddin, a group only recently and quite belatedly placed on the State Department's terrorist list. The ISI and bin Laden's Al Qaeda reportedly assists the group in its operations against Indian government targets in Kashmir.

The FBI, which assisted its Indian counterpart in the investigation of the Indian Airlines hijacking, says it wants information leading to the arrest of those involved in the terrorist attacks. Yet, no move has been made to question General Ahmed or those U.S. government officials, including Deputy Secretary of State Richard Armitage, who met with him in September. Clearly, General Ahmed was a major player in terrorist activities across South Asia, yet still had very close ties to the U.S. government. General Ahmed's terrorist-supporting activities - and the U.S. government officials who tolerated those activities - need to be investigated.

The Taliban visits to Washington continued up to a few months prior to the September 11 attacks. The State Department's Bureau of Intelligence and Research's South Asian Division maintained constant satellite telephone contact with the Taliban in Kandahar and Kabul. Washington permitted the Taliban to maintain a diplomatic office in Queens, New York headed by Taliban diplomat Abdul Hakim Mojahed. In addition, U.S. officials, including Assistant Secretary of State for South Asian Affairs Christina Rocca, who is also a former CIA officer, visited Taliban diplomatic officials in Islamabad. In the meantime, the Bush administration took a hostile attitude towards the Islamic State of Afghanistan, otherwise known as the Northern Alliance. Even though the United Nations recognized the alliance as the legitimate government of Afghanistan, the Bush administration, with oil at the forefront of its goals, decided to follow the lead of Saudi Arabia and Pakistan and curry favor with the Taliban mullahs of Afghanistan. The visits of Islamist radicals did not end with the Taliban. In July 2001, the head of Pakistan's pro-bin Laden Jamiaat-i-Islami Party, Qazi Hussein Ahmed, also reportedly was received at the George Bush Center for Intelligence (aka, CIA headquarters) in Langley, Virginia.

According to the Washington Post, the Special Envoy of Mullah Omar, Rahmatullah Hashami, even came to Washington bearing a gift carpet for President Bush from the one-eyed Taliban leader. The Village Voice reported that Hashami, on behalf of the Taliban, offered the Bush administration to hold on to bin Laden long enough for the United States to capture or kill him but, inexplicably, the administration refused. Meanwhile, Spozhmai Maiwandi, the director of the Voice of America's Pashtun service, jokingly nicknamed "Kandahar Rose" by her colleagues, aired favorable reports on the Taliban, including a controversial interview with Mullah Omar.

The Bush administration's dalliances with the Taliban may have even continued after the start of the bombing campaign against their country. According to European intelligence sources, a number of European governments were concerned that the CIA and Big Oil were pressuring the Bush administration not to engage in an initial serious ground war on behalf of the Northern Alliance in order to placate Pakistan and its Taliban compatriots. The early-on decision to stick with an incessant air bombardment, they reasoned, was causing too many civilian deaths and increasing the shakiness of the international coalition.

The obvious, and woefully underreported, interfaces between the Bush administration, UNOCAL, the CIA, the Taliban, Enron, Saudi Arabia, and Pakistan, the groundwork for which was laid when the Bush Oil team was on the sidelines during the Clinton administration, is making the Republicans worried. Vanquished vice presidential candidate Joseph Lieberman is in the ironic position of being the senator who will chair the Senate Government Affairs Committee hearings on the collapse of Enron. The roads from Enron also lead to Afghanistan and murky Bush oil politics.

UNOCAL was also clearly concerned about its past ties to the Taliban. On September 14, just three days after terrorists of the Afghan-base al Qaeda movement crashed their planes into the World Trade Center and Pentagon, UNOCAL issued the following statement: "The company is not supporting the Taliban in Afghanistan in any way whatsoever. Nor do we have any project or involvement in Afghanistan. Beginning in late 1997, Unocal was a member of a multinational consortium that was evaluating construction of a Central Asia Gas pipeline between Turkmenistan and Pakistan [via western Afghanistan]. Our company has had no further role in developing or funding that project or any other project that might involve the Taliban."

The Bush Oil Team, which can now rely on the support of the interim Prime Minister of Afghanistan, may think that war and oil profits mix. But there is simply too much evidence that the War in Afghanistan was primarily about building UNOCAL's pipeline, not about fighting terrorism. The Democrats, who control the Senate and its investigation agenda, should investigate the secretive deals between Big Oil, Bush, and the Taliban.

CosmicRocker
03-03-2012, 04:21 PM
it's a lot to slog thru, i started to undeline pertinent parts,abut it's like puzzle pieces, everything is interlocked with everything else.

The more pieces you can put together, the more you can see.

My brain is too tired, but there is the info - proly more out there, but with SO many references, it's difficult to pin down.

Bill Cosby
03-03-2012, 11:00 PM
There is lots of "evidence" linking him to UNOCAL but both he & they have denied it over the years...

What his role may have been, & who was paying who & for what may never really be known as a lot of that is kinda shady to begin w/..... Was is important is the character, as you have pointed out, or should that be lack thereof??

How much he is really looking out of the country is doubtful as well, I think he is his priority, & when we leave, I think he plans on leaving as well......

Maybe a small mansion in San Diego & a fat bank account (compliments of US), so he can write his memoirs & do lectures........

Mac McFadden
03-04-2012, 09:22 PM
Meanwhile, his brother Wali runs the drug cartel for the CIA.

Mac

Bill Cosby
03-05-2012, 12:25 AM
Meanwhile, his brother Wali runs the drug cartel for the CIA.

Mac

We are only @ war w/ NarcO-terrorist in this hemisphere........:thumbsup:

wOHY-pRVbRk

CosmicRocker
03-05-2012, 07:25 PM
bottom line is clear: Our vital interests in Afghanistan are limited and military victory is not the key to achieving them.
On the contrary, waging a lengthy counterinsurgency war in Afghanistan may well do more to aid Taliban recruiting than to dismantle the group, help spread conflict further into Pakistan,
unify radical groups that might otherwise be quarreling amongst themselves, threaten the long-term health of the U.S. economy, and prevent the U.S. government from turning its full attention to other pressing problems. -- Afghanistan Study Group

CosmicRocker
03-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Tuesday, March 6, 2012
War News for Tuesday, March 06, 2012
185 Yemeni troops dead in weekend al-Qaida attack

Pak Taliban ‘number two sacked’

US wants unconditional Nato supply resumption

#1: Afghan officials say a suicide bomber, on Monday, killed at least two civilians after detonating explosives at the gates of the NATO base where copies of the holy Quran were burned. The bomber targeted a vehicle belonging to the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), said district Governor Kabir Ahmad Rahil. He added that there could be foreign casualties, although a NATO spokeswoman said no coalition troops had been harmed in the attack. Rahil says four more civilians were wounded in the attack.

#2: An explosion in Afghanistan Sunday wounded five Michigan Army National Guard Soldiers. An explosive thrown at the soldiers’ post in the Kunduz Province.

#3: One Pakistan Army soldier was killed and two wounded when a homemade bomb exploded while they were on patrol in the Mohmand tribal region, security officials said.

#4: Seven militants were killed and nine others injured in a gun battle after they ambushed a convoy of Frontier Corps troops in the Uch area of the southwestern province of Baluchistan, a Frontier Corps spokesman said. It was the second incident of this kind in Uch in two days. The spokesman said a large quantity of arms and ammunition was recovered.

#5: A group of militants ambushed a Pakistani paramilitary convoy in the Uch area of the southwestern Baluchistan province, security officials said. Three militants were killed when Pakistani forces returned fire.

#6: A soldier was killed by a homemade bomb in an empty house during a clearing operation by Pakistani forces in the Bara area of Khyber, security officials said.

#7: Three militants from the Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP), or Pakistan Taliban, were killed in fresh clashes with another militant group, Lashkar-e-Islam, in the Tirah Valley of Khyber Agency, tribal sources said.

#8: A homemade mine killed two insurgents and their two children in the southern Helmand province on Monday, the interior ministry said in a statement. One more child was wounded in the attack in the province's Grishk district.

#9: Afghan police backed by national army and the NATO-led coalition forces have killed four anti-government militants and captured eight others over the past 24 hours, a statement of Interior Ministry released here said. "During the past 24 hours, Afghan National Police, Afghan National Army, and Coalition Forces launched 10 joint operations in Nangarhar, Kunduz, Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul, Maidan Wardak, Logar, Herat and Farah provinces. As a result, four armed insurgents were killed, one wounded and eight others were arrested by Afghan Police," the statement added. However, it did not say if there were any casualties on security forces.

#10: At least four people were injured Tuesday morning in a blast in Jalalabad city, capital of eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar, a provincial health official said.

#11: Six people were injured as a roadside bomb struck a vehicle in Khost province 150 km southeast of capital Kabul on Tuesday, a local official said. "A mine planted by militants struck a police van in Khost city, the capital of Khost province at around 09:00 a.m. local time today. As a result, six people were injured and all the victims have been taken to hospital," head of health department in Khost city Amir Padshah Mangal told Xinhua. Two police officers and four civilians,including a child, are among the injured, he added

CosmicRocker
03-07-2012, 11:27 AM
Wednesday, March 7, 2012
War News for Wednesday, March 07, 2012
The British MoD is reporting that six British ISAF soldiers are missing and presumed dead after a roadside bombing in an undisclosed area in southern Afghanistan on Tuesday, March 6th. .

Seven Polish soldiers to take stand for attack on Afghan village

Afghan avalanche kills 47

#1: A bomb hidden in a parked motorcycle exploded at a market in southern Afghanistan on Wednesday, killing four people, officials said. All those killed in the midday blast in Spin Boldak, on the Pakistani border, were civilians, said Zalmai Ayubi, a spokesman for the Kandahar provincial government. Eight people were wounded in the explosion, including one border police officer, he said.

#2: Afghan and foreign troops killed four insurgents during joint operations in several parts of the country in the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry said in a statement.

#3: Four insurgents were killed by a NATO air strike in the eastern Kunar province when they attempted to attack a prison in Asadabad district, police said. A 12-year-old child was also killed by insurgents' gunfire, added Kunar police chief Ewaz Mohammad Naziri.

#4: A roadside mine killed two civilians in Kunar's Manogai district, police chief Naziri said.

#5: Seventeen militants, six of them foreigners, were killed and 12 others wounded in clashes with security forces in the mountainous region of Upper Orakzai, a military official said. The official said an unknown number of troops were also injured or killed, but he didn't provide any further information.

#6: A homemade bomb planted under a car exploded in the town of Badaber on the outskirts of the northwestern city of Peshawar, killing one person and wounding four others, police officials said.

#7: A homemade bomb exploded in the Takht-e-Bahi area of the northwestern Mardan district, damaging 22 shops, police officials said.

#8: A homemade bomb exploded on the outskirts of the northwestern town of Dera Ismail Khan, wounding two children, police officials said. Another bomb planted nearby was defused by the police. Dera Ismail Khan is near Pakistan's unruly northwestern tribal areas that lie along the border with Afghanistan, where several militant groups have strongholds.

#9: One Pakistan Army soldier was killed and two wounded when a homemade bomb exploded while they were on patrol in the Mohmand tribal region, security officials said

Bill Cosby
03-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Sounds like we are finally winning... :rolleyes:

CosmicRocker
03-07-2012, 01:45 PM
Sounds like we are finally winning... :rolleyes:
:lmao2: :banghead: "victory is just around the next corner"...or maybe that's an IED I saw

CosmicRocker
03-09-2012, 02:39 PM
Friday, March 9, 2012
War News for Friday, March 9, 2012
The DoD is reporting the death of Spc. Edward J. Acosta who died in La Jolla, California, U.S. On Monday, March 5th. He was wounded in a roadside bombing in in Wardak province, Afghanistan on Saturday, December 3rd 2011.

Wounded Soldier Defies Odds

War radioactive contamination threatens Iraqis in Maysan Province

U.S. and Afghanistan Agree on Handover of Prisoners

#1: One child was killed, and a woman and a child were injured when a mortar shell hit a house in the Bara area of Aka Khel, in northwest Pakistan's Khyber tribal region, security officials said.

#2: Militants attacked a Pakistan Army post in the Sarwakai area of the South Waziristan tribal region, near the Afghanistan border, killing a soldier, security officials said.

#3: Three people including a pro-government figure were shot dead by gunmen in northern Afghan province of Kunduz Thursday night, a district official said Friday. "Unknown armed men opened indiscriminate fire on the vehicle of a local elder namely Ali Mohammad in Sarak-e-Naw area of Khan Abad district late on Thursday killing Ali Mohammad and two of his comrades on the spot," administration chief of Khan Abad district, Nizamuddin Nashir told Xinhua. The official said Mohammad was a former Mujahidin commander and was working in a commission in charges of recruiting locals for local police force in Kunduz province, some 250 km north of capital city of Kabul.

CosmicRocker
03-11-2012, 03:56 PM
U.S. soldier kills 16 Afghan civilians, Karzai says

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More US foreign policy making from a damaged military "unit".

Quote:
Kabul, Afghanistan (CNN) -- An American soldier left his base in Afghanistan and went from house to house in two villages, killing 16 people in their homes, Afghan officials told CNN Sunday.

The dead include nine children and three women, plus five wounded, President Hamid Karzai said.

"The murdering of innocent people intentionally by an American soldier is an act of terror that is unforgivable," Karzai said.
The incident looks likely to inflame tensions still further between foreign troops and Afghan civilians, many of whom were enraged by the burning of Qurans by American troops last month.

American officials from President Barack Obama down called the burning an accident and apologized for it, but riots left dozens dead, including six American troops. Hundreds more Afghans were wounded.

Obama has been briefed on Sunday's shootings, two administration officials said.

"The soldier goes to the villages of Alokozai and Barakzai and attacks four houses, in which he kills 16 civilians and wounded others," said Haji Agha Lali, a member of the provincial council who said he had just been to the area.

NATO's International Security Assistance Force confirmed that a soldier had gone off base and fired on civilians before turning himself in, but did not say how many victims there had been.

There has been confusion about the number of casualties since the shooting in Kandahar province, eastern Afghanistan, with different sources offering different numbers.

Capt. Justin Brockhoff of ISA said there had been "multiple" casualties and that the injured Afghans were being treated in ISAF facilities.

ISAF commander Gen. John Allen said the "deeply appalling incident in no way represents the values of ISAF and coalition troops or the abiding respect we feel for the Afghan people."

"I am absolutely dedicated to making sure that anyone who is found to have committed wrongdoing is held fully accountable," he said.

Acting U.S. Ambassador James Cunningham said his country was "saddened by this violent act against our Afghan friends."
"We deplore any attack by a member of the U.S. Armed Forces against innocent civilians," he said in a video statement, assuring "the people of Afghanistan that the individual or individuals responsible for this terrible act will be identified and brought to justice."

Sen. Harry Reid, the Senate Majority Leader, said American troops were "under tremendous pressure in Afghanistan," but that "no one can condone or make any suggestion that what (the service member) did was right because it was absolutely wrong."

Reid, a Nevada Democrat, said on CNN's "State of the Union" that the United States was "on the right track to get out of Afghanistan just as soon as we can."

Sen. John McCain, the top Republican on the Senate Armed Services committee, said: "It is one of those things that you cannot explain except to extend your deepest sympathy to those victims and see that justice is done."
He was speaking on Fox News Sunday.

The Taliban claimed that 50 people had been killed, but the Islamist militia regularly exaggerates casualty figures.
They disputed ISAF's version of events, saying several soldiers went on a raid that resulted in dozens of deaths.

But Maj. Jason Waggoner, another ISAF spokesman, said: "The civilian casualties were not the result of any operations. The soldier was acting on his own. After the incident he returned to the compound and turned himself in."

Brockhoff said officials do not yet have a motive for the shooting, which is under investigation by both NATO and Afghan officials.

Civilian casualties as a result of action by the NATO-led international coalition have long caused anger in Afghanistan, adding pressure on international forces to withdraw.

The international force has said avoiding civilian casualties is a high priority.

"My command's mission is to protect the civilian people of Afghanistan," Gen. Allen said last month. "I take very seriously the loss of every Afghan life. We will continue to do all we can to ensure the safety of the Afghan population."

The number of ISAF-caused civilian deaths decreased by nearly 17% from 2010 to 2011, the coalition force said in its December monthly report.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/11/world/...ber/index.html

Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Sediqi asks for restraint as the investigation takes place, fearing violent protests. A member of parliament from the area, Abdul Rahim Ahyoubi, says the death toll is 17, and gives a different name for the village, Alokozai.

An AP photographer has seen the bodies of 15 slain civilians.

The U.S. House Oversight Committee on Foreign Affairs and Investigations has called for the Government Accountability Office to investigate alleged theft of foreign aid by president Karzai and his family.
The U.S. embassy has distanced itself from the letter, saying it is the personal view of committee Chair Dana Rohrbacher. I'm no fan of Rohrbacher, but there have been plenty of published reports implicating Karzai's brother in embezzlement. - C

Khaama discusses the ongoing talks about future strategic relations between the U.S. and Afghanistan. Karzai says the question of permanent U.S. bases will be discussed later, after other questions are worked out. (Wait -- I thought we were leaving?)
Given the great importance and likely repercussions of the incident in Kandahar, I will do an update later today if there is significant further information or reaction. -- C

Iraq Update
Gunmen break into a house in the village of Mishada, north of Baghdad, and kill five members of a family. The target appeared to be a bodyguard of the mayor of nearby Tarmiyah.

Milias are targeting people identified with the "Emo" subculture in Iraq, and 58 people have been killed. Apparently it is believed that they are gay. "Officials and human rights groups estimated as many as 58 Iraqis who are either gay or believed to be gay have been killed in the last six weeks alone - forecasting what experts fear is a return to the rampant hate crimes against homosexuals in 2009. This year, eyewitnesses and human rights groups say some of the victims have been bludgeoned to death by militiamen smashing in their skulls with heavy cement blocks

Darmosiel
03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
i hear you, i don't hear a lot of disgust, but then again, i can't make ppl comment.
All we can do is try to raise conscious of the utter horrors we sow across the planet.

What's gonna really "thrill me" is Obomber's gonna campaign on this shit, and the Dem's ( as well as most of Amerika) will applaude like trained seals.

"yes he got bin Laden, and the Evil Dictator Gaddafi"-talking points, dumbed down understanding of our multiple wars.

I'm HOPING maybe we FINALLY fucking learn something - like I HOPED for CHANGE from the lessons of Vietnam.
I'm prepared to be dissapointed once again.

If good ppl don't speak up, the Unitary Presidency will continue it's bellicose mannerisms, prodded by the MIC.

Oh well. This isn't my century, it's up to America to find it's role in the world.
Warring the planet is counter-productive/expensive/ and breeds death and hate.

I hope to see they day when we understand this. I Srsly doubt I will.

Thanks KEYSER :) appreciate the responce and the thoughts.
Have a great day too.

IMO ppl care about what is going on but feel frustrated in what to do about it. The people we have elected to represent us do nothing but follow the will of their corporate sponsors. PPl that do try to protest the invasion of corporate and fanatic religious control are being blocked legally every step of the way with new laws preventing vocal opposition with unlimited detention and no legal recourse.

The future looks bleak. People hoping for a better future for their children co-signed pricey student loans now realizing their kids cannot find jobs to begin payments and the government's collection business' with the banks are starting another wave of forecloses and debt collection focusing on parents already struggling to hang on to what little savings and retirement they have.

Many people able to find jobs after finishing school have left this country finding jobs overseas.

It's not that ppl don't care about these international issues. They do. But many are finding it enough just to focus on what is going on around them.

Don't know about you...but I went to buy a can of beans and it cost me $1.80 for a can that used to be 45 cents.

Warden
03-23-2012, 09:38 PM
Cover up in Afghanistan: U.S. trained Afghans have murdered 200 of our troops

The mass murder in Afghanistan was predictable. Twice in the past three weeks, I published that it was coming. Why was I able to write this with sad confidence? I’ve spent more time with combat troops in these wars than any other writer: about four years in total in country, and three with combat troops.

About 200 coalition members have been killed or wounded from insider attacks. Afghan President Hamid Karzai is tantamount to being Taliban and has not bothered to apologize. Instead, Karzai whips up anti-U.S. fervor at every opportunity. Twice, Karzai has threatened to leave politics and join the Taliban.

Even our most disciplined troops — not the few problem troops — have lost all idealism. They have not lost heart for the fight. Mostly, they just don’t care. They fight because they are ordered to fight, but they have eyes wide open. The halfhearted surge and sudden drawdown leave little room for success.

We face a discipline collapse. The bulk of our force is solid — then there’s a small fraction, probably a sliver of a percent, who might be crushed by the pressure.

On Feb. 24, I published:

“As the prevalence of insider attacks rises, and we lose more troops to Afghan troops going berserk and murdering our people, it’s likely just a matter of time before a U.S. troop or troops turn the table and intentionally slaughter Afghan forces.

“That could lead to a meltdown. We are at risk of losing control of more than some people might imagine. There is only so much that U.S. forces will put up with before fringe U.S. combat troops start taking matters into their own hands. Believe me.”

The next day, I published, “If things keep going this way, my expectation is that it’s a matter of time before discipline breaks and the gun turns.”

I’ve seen a few men on our side precariously close to the edge. In fact, my official embed status was ended by the Army in August 2011 after I wrote about issues with three soldiers.

I was accused of saying there were issues because I was disembedded. Yet the written trail and chronology is clear: I publicized discipline problems, then the Army circled the wagons and I was shown the door.

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/the-panjway-16.htm

Update:Some have mistakenly jumped to the conclusion that I support the war effort and have falsely connected me to the political beliefs of the reporter. My political beliefs are M/A to A/C and I never supported the war.. I do however, think that there is an opportunity to ratchet up the political pressure to end the wars, bring the troops home, and that this is a winning issue for Paul. If it wasn't the MSM would not be covering it up and the Army wouldn't be kicking out any embedded reporters that report on it.
Here is another article from TNA another important issue — perhaps the elephant in the room — is being largely overlooked: American and NATO soldiers are regularly being killed by members of the very same Afghan police and army they are arming and training. And the number of deadly incidents is on the rise. http://thenewamerican.com/world-mainmenu-26/asia-mainmenu-33/11083-more-us-troops-killed-by-afghans-they-armed-a-trained

http://www.dailypaul.com/222583/cover-up-in-afghanistan-us-trained-afghans-have-murdered-200-of-our-troops