PDA

View Full Version : A World Without Religion

rastaman
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
I am an atheist who does not believe in religious tolerance. I believe (yes, I recognize the irony) that the burden of worth, truth and proof lies with the actual religion, not the individual. Most religions are a scourge; they breed nothing but ignorance and preach nothing but intolerance.

If this were not true, terrorists would not use Islam as a weapon, the KKK would not use Christianity as a weapon, Qi Gong practitioners would not need to give up their organs to wealthy Chinese, good Catholic boys would never be touched by their priests and 15 month old boys could have hope for the future.

Religion should never be given the benefit of the doubt. Just because it worships one god over another, claims past miracles or fulfilled prophecies and is exempt from taxation, does not mean that your one religion is more likely to purify your soul over another.

In so many ways, I feel so very sorry for any child that is not allowed the freedom of choice in their own spirituality. If religion truly were the individual pursuit for spiritual purification or perfection, it would be personal, not congregational, and no country or family or child would be labelled under it.

Without religion women would be free from their idiotic repression in the Middle East.
Without religion people would be more concerned with what they did with their lives, rather than what they avoided.
Without religion the strongest and most divisive form of segregation would be dissolved and many wars and borders would become irrelevant.
Without religion stem cell research could continue uninhibited and cure many debilitating diseases.
Without religion the scourge of AIDS and other STDs would be controlled by a condom.
Without religion, people wouldn't pray for peace, they would work towards it.

Donít get me wrong here Holy Rollers; I understand that going to church or mosque or synagogue has a positive influence on a great number of people. I suggest though that this has a lot more to do with there being a social congregation of like-minded people than there actually being any spiritual connection or closeness to one deity or another.

Answer this, apart from social interaction, what does your religion actually do for you that you couldnít for yourself?

EldonG
02-15-2012, 06:37 PM
H5tOgRD4EqY

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 06:40 PM
Why would an atheist post by the name rastaman???

Bruce LeeRoy
02-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Because he is a boob.

You can refer to him as "Pastaman" for this post.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 06:49 PM
Why would an atheist post by the name rastaman???

Because "RASTAMAN" IS A PROUD UNAPOLOGETIC ATHEIST.:disbelief:

A healthy DOSE of atheism benefits the world and human race around the globe.:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Because "RASTAMAN" IS A PROUD UNAPOLOGETIC ATHEIST.:disbelief:

A healthy DOSE of atheism benefits the world and human race around the globe.:thumbsup:

DO you even know what "rasta" is????

Kanadesaga
02-15-2012, 06:53 PM

I was curious about that myself.

Bruce LeeRoy
02-15-2012, 06:55 PM

Apparently he does not know what a Rastafarian is. The irony is just to much.

:lmao2: :lmao2:

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
I am an atheist who does not believe in religious tolerance. I believe (yes, I recognize the irony) that the burden of worth, truth and proof lies with the actual religion, not the individual. Most religions are a scourge; they breed nothing but ignorance and preach nothing but intolerance.

If this were not true, terrorists would not use Islam as a weapon, the KKK would not use Christianity as a weapon, Qi Gong practitioners would not need to give up their organs to wealthy Chinese, good Catholic boys would never be touched by their priests and 15 month old boys could have hope for the future.

Religion should never be given the benefit of the doubt. Just because it worships one god over another, claims past miracles or fulfilled prophecies and is exempt from taxation, does not mean that your one religion is more likely to purify your soul over another.

In so many ways, I feel so very sorry for any child that is not allowed the freedom of choice in their own spirituality. If religion truly were the individual pursuit for spiritual purification or perfection, it would be personal, not congregational, and no country or family or child would be labelled under it.

Without religion women would be free from their idiotic repression in the Middle East.
Without religion people would be more concerned with what they did with their lives, rather than what they avoided.
Without religion the strongest and most divisive form of segregation would be dissolved and many wars and borders would become irrelevant.
Without religion stem cell research could continue uninhibited and cure many debilitating diseases.
Without religion the scourge of AIDS and other STDs would be controlled by a condom.
Without religion, people wouldn't pray for peace, they would work towards it.

Donít get me wrong here Holy Rollers; I understand that going to church or mosque or synagogue has a positive influence on a great number of people. I suggest though that this has a lot more to do with there being a social congregation of like-minded people than there actually being any spiritual connection or closeness to one deity or another.

Answer this, apart from social interaction, what does your religion actually do for you that you couldnít for yourself?There is no institution of man that is not capable of being corrupted to perverse ends, including but certainly not limited to religion.

There is no scientific discovery worthy of mention that could not be directed to very destructive ends. And yet we do not conclude that science is intrinsically destructive.

If we were to throw out the corrupters of religion - which I will confess are very many - I would say to you that religion at its best provides a common approach and a supportive community for living a genuine life of self introspection, awareness and expansion.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 07:11 PM
Because he is a boob.

You can refer to him as "Pastaman" for this post.

No not at all. Atheist are FREE THINKERS.

I have been saying the Pledge of Allegiance for years now (Since 1974) by eliminating the "Under God" wording.:o

"One Nation Indivisible With Liberty And Justice For All".....Notice the word "Under God" has been eliminated! The Under God propaganda was added sometimes during the 1950's, however, the original Pledge of Allegiance was written leaving out "UNDER GOD"!!!

In fact anything that happens good or bad in the world or in someones life.....All thanks-praise or blame should go to MOTHER NATURE!!! After all the forces of earth is much more powerful than any God of which was created by non-free thinking humans.

The world would be so much better off and in better condition if the 7 billion people who inhabit the Earth praised and respected MOTHER NATURE. Worship the Air, Moon, Water (rivers, oceans, lakes) the Sun, Fire, Volcanoes, Tornadoes, the Forrest, Dessert, the Grasslands, the Mountains, the Jungles, and every living species known and not yet discovered.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 07:19 PM

I have taken the name RASTAMAN because I just like the sound of it. Although the Rastafarian is a religion, one still has freedom of choice to ignore that aspect of it.

No One "Owns" the name Rastaman nor Rastafarian!!!

YA-MON!!!:thumbsup:

Practicing Rastafarian do not eat PORK, SHELLFISH, and COFFEE, however, Rastaman of D.C. Junkies, loves some Spare-Ribs, Baby-Back Ribs, and Shrimp!!!!!

But I'm still........RASTAMAN!!!!!!!:thumbsup:

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I have taken the name RASTAMAN because I just like the sound of it. Although the Rastafarian is a religion, one still has freedom of choice to ignore that aspect of it.

No One "Owns" the name Rastaman nor Rastafarian!!!

YA-MON!!!:thumbsup:

Practicing Rastafarian do not eat PORK, SHELLFISH, and COFFEE, however, Rastaman of D.C. Junkies, loves some Spare-Ribs, Baby-Back Ribs, and Shrimp!!!!!

But I'm still........RASTAMAN!!!!!!

It took you long enough to goggle that shit......... :rolleyes:

I guess I was right, you don't know a damn thing about it.......:o

The name sounded cool & no one was using it.................:o

Sad...................

nondual
02-15-2012, 07:28 PM
My religion is Science and I worship Man.

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 07:30 PM
Well, I have worshiped a woman now & then........:o

LOL.............:D

Moby
02-15-2012, 07:42 PM
My religion is Science and I worship Man.
I agree with Bill on worshiping women. Of course that does have it's own religion but the Christians did away with most of that.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 07:48 PM
I was curious about that myself.

K....here's the irony, I severed in the U.S. Air Force and retired honorable after 22 years (1980-2002).

When I was asked what my religious denomination when issued "Dog Tags" and filing out my "Will"....I simply answered Atheist! You should have heard the whispered murmurs in the room of my fellow service men and women! They all got over it because "Mother Nature" gave them the DNA Genetic markers to move forward!!! Amazing---Right!:disbelief:

But anyway, I was informed they could not put Atheist on my dog tags and "Last Will", I was told my religion would simple be stated as "Non-denomination "

My response was simple Okay Cool! With A Smirk on my face!

When invited to church, fellowship, bible study I politely declined and informed that I was atheist, but thank you for the invite.

As citizen of the U.S. serving my country as a devout atheist, I took the oath to protect religious freedoms around the world and believed in "Freedom of Religion" and Freedom from Religion! But in any regard if ask to give my Life for my country I would not have hesitated to have done so, despite of my atheist beliefs.

I guess that's the power of Free Will, Free Thinking, Understanding The Big Picture when it comes to humanity, empathy, and merely thinking outside the box. I was not encumbered with any Religious burdens/choices/guilt/morality in my outlook and decisions.

When asked "Let Us All Bow our Heads for Prayer" I simple did not do so due to my atheist belief.

I subscribe to the beliefs, "Treat People The Way You Wish to be Treated", respect if you are given respect in return, and absolutely NEVER TURN THE OTHER CHEEK! Do everything in your wherewithal if ever assaulted and return the assault back in kind.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 07:49 PM
AIDS and STDs have flourished BECAUSE OF A BACKLASH against religious contraints.

Killing conceived persons just to harvest their stem cells comes straight from Satan.

Clearly you do not believe in Satan, but he believes in you.

The Rasta stuff was hilarious.

You stepped in it and BC called you on it.

You are clearly a self worshipper.

Yet to reject God puts in you league with God's primary enemy by default.

Yet science clearly shows that God is real.

So you must reject science too.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 07:50 PM
Was a time when Art and Science and Religion were all about the ultimate questions of Life, and all in service of man. These things in essence are complimentary in nature.

A man who is divided in himself, can't help but see life in a fractured way.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 07:51 PM
K....here's the irony, I severed in the U.S. Air Force and retired honorable after 22 years (1980-2002).

When I was asked what my religious denomination when issued "Dog Tags" and filing out my "Will"....I simply answered Atheist! You should have heard the whispered murmurs in the room of my fellow service men and women! They all got over it because "Mother Nature" gave them the DNA Genetic markers to move forward!!! Amazing---Right!:disbelief:

But anyway, I was informed they could not put Atheist on my dog tags and "Last Will", I was told my religion would simple be stated as "Non-denomination "

My response was simple Okay Cool! With A Smirk on my face!

When invited to church, fellowship, bible study I politely declined and informed that I was atheist, but thank you for the invite.

As citizen of the U.S. serving my country as a devout atheist, I took the oath to protect religious freedoms around the world and believed in "Freedom of Religion" and Freedom from Religion! But in any regard if ask to give my Life for my country I would not have hesitated to have done so, despite of my atheist beliefs.

I guess that's the power of Free Will, Free Thinking, Understanding The Big Picture when it comes to humanity, empathy, and merely thinking outside the box. I was not encumbered with any Religious burdens/choices/guilt/morality in my outlook and decisions.

When asked "Let Us All Bow our Heads for Prayer" I simple did not do so due to my atheist belief.

I subscribe to the beliefs, "Treat People The Way You Wish to be Treated", respect if you are given respect in return, and absolutely NEVER TURN THE OTHER CHEEK! Do everything in your wherewithal if ever assaulted and return the assault back in kind.

You are your own god.

You get to make up your own rules.

That must be nice.

But if everybody did that, there would be chaos.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 07:54 PM

I love me some Women! Never disrespected not one time. In fact in the military and through my assignments around the world (Asia and Europe)......I became an International "Womanizer"!! From 18-35!!!!

I Finally deserted my Wolf Pack Mentality and settled down.:thumbsup:

I will say this....PUSSY IS PUSSY......Its all pink on the inside! If it wasn't I stayed away from it!:lmao2:

rastaman
02-15-2012, 08:07 PM
It took you long enough to goggle that shit......... :rolleyes:

I guess I was right, you don't know a damn thing about it.......:o

The name sounded cool & no one was using it.................:o

Sad...................

Pssst!....I have "Common Sense" You are entitled to your inside the box belief that the world is flat, but to each its own.

Your opinions are like "Eye-balls".....we all have at least one or two on our face!

Question for ya? There's only one Bill Cosby what possessed you to use his name???? One thing I can say is your choice was original but boring at best. You didn't think outside the box to come up with that name.

Its not sad by any stretch of the imagination.......ya just could have come up with a better name if you had the ability to think outside the box.

It sucks to be you!!!! But take care none-the-less Bill Crosby!!:lmao2:

nondual
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM

When I say Man I mean Mankind. You know, a la Nietzsche.

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Pssst!....I have "Common Sense" You are entitled to your inside the box belief that the world is flat, but to each its own.

Your opinions are like "Eye-balls".....we all have at least one or two on our face!

Question for ya? There's only one Bill Cosby what possessed you to use his name???? One thing I can say is your choice was original but boring at best. You didn't think outside the box to come up with that name.

Its not sad by any stretch of the imagination.......ya just could have come up with a better name if you had the ability to think outside the box.

It sucks to be you!!!! But take care none-the-less Bill Crosby!

NO jello for you tonight rasta-------:mad:

:lmao2:

:thumbsup:

nondual
02-15-2012, 08:13 PM
AIDS and STDs have flourished BECAUSE OF A BACKLASH against religious contraints.

Killing conceived persons just to harvest their stem cells comes straight from Satan.

Right, and sperm are people... I know.

Bill Cosby
02-15-2012, 08:20 PM
When I say Man I mean Mankind. You know, a la Nietzsche.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 08:23 PM
Right, and sperm are people... I know.

Sperm are not people.

But when the sperm penetrates the egg, you have a human being who should have full Constitutional rights.

Of course, with the atheists, anything goes because they can make up their own rules.

So all manner of Devilry is possible.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 08:26 PM

Bullshit! Aids and STD's are the result of poor decisions and a lack of protection!!!:o

I wouldn't know anything about that nor am I interested. It comes down to Free Will! If you don't like something or decisions made by other individuals you just make sure you don't do it!!!! Keep It Simple!

Nor God or Jesus! Why bother keep life simple for the short time Mother Nature the Creationist allows you to have on earth.

I beg to differ with ya! BC (Before Christ) as usually was off the mark. Must people who live in a bubble and do not have the DNA genetic code to think outside the box, find themselves wrong often.

Nope! I'm a Free Thinker and believe in Free Will! And I believe in "Freedom from Religion" while at the same time if someone needs the crutch of Religion to make it through life----COOL BEANS....ROLL WITH IT.

I don't reject God nor Jesus due to the fact that I'm an Atheist and do not believe either ever existed. So how can you ever reject what has never existed????

My science shows the earth and Mother Nature-The Creator of Humanity and life on earth is much older than God or Jesus!!!

Nope! I embrace and support science. I enjoy watching the science channel, the discovery channel, the animal channel, but I can't watch the Sunday religious worship channels.

I just find any organized religion not only boring but also unbelievable....too boot. But once again, I would never interfere nor impede anyone in their religious pursuits and entertainment and enjoyment.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 08:30 PM
NO jello for you tonight rasta-------:mad:

:lmao2:

That's not fare! I'm on a diet......and Jello has hardly any calories. You are going to hear from my union!!!

Get your legal team ready because I'm going to sue ya!

No one should EVER be denied or have access to their JELLO!!!

It's simple UN-AMERICAN!!:thumbsup:

rastaman
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Sperm are not people.

Neither are Republican funding Corporations. If it hadn't been for SPERM & the EGG no one be working in those Corporate bldg and offices.

But when the sperm penetrates the egg, you have a human being who should have full Constitutional rights.

Meh....that's BS. Life does not begin when the sperm penetrates the egg! Hell that's when the struggle really starts and the egg could very well be miscarried and flushed done the toilet.

Of course, with the atheists, anything goes because they can make up their own rules. So all manner of Devilry is possible.

And with bible babbling holy rollers, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.....sure I hear ya!:lmao2:

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
Nope! I embrace and support science. I enjoy watching the science channel, the discovery channel, the animal channel, but I can't watch the Sunday religious worship channels.

I just find any organized religion not only boring but also unbelievable....too boot. But once again, I would never interfere nor impede anyone in their religious pursuits and entertainment and enjoyment.

So you embrace Mother Nature.

Pagans do too.

Disease and death came from Satan.

A world without religion would have destroyed itself at least 50 years ago.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 08:38 PM
And with bible babbling holy rollers, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.....sure I hear ya!:lmao2:

Do you know how to use the quote function?

Anything IS possible with God.

Not much is possible if you are your own god.

You can't even save your own life.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 08:38 PM

Pagans do too.

Oh, do tell. Spell that one out for us.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 08:39 PM
Oh, do tell. Spell that one out for us.

If America was not a Christian nation, we would have already launched a thermonuclear war against multiple nations.

Even being a Christian nation, we dropped nukes on Japan.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:01 PM
If America was not a Christian nation, we would have already launched a thermonuclear war against multiple nations.

We are not a Christian nation of course, the idea is absurd. Why would a non-christian be more likely to choose a nuclear option? Spell that out for me. Tell me how my morality is different than yours somehow.

I believe the exact opposite to be true. Christians tend to be cavalier about this life because they think they have another one. I don't. I value life. Your suggestion that somehow only religious people have morals is ignorant and insulting.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 09:05 PM

Yes I do.

Pagans do too.

Pagans are also human beings and part of the human race.

Disease and death is all apart of nature. Nothing last forever! We all die sooner or later.

Meh! Are you aware of all the death, destruction, chaos, mayhem, and suffering that has taken place due to organization religion!!!!

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:13 PM
We are not a Christian nation of course, the idea is absurd. Why would a non-christian be more likely to choose a nuclear option? Spell that out for me. Tell me how my morality is different than yours somehow.

Non-christians get to make up their own rules.

God clearly does not allow murder.

Murder came from Satan's influence.

Moral relativists can make up whatever rules they want to.

They are their own moral compasses.

I prefer a compass that always has been and made everything.

Now there is an entity worthy of worship.

I believe the exact opposite to be true. Christians tend to be cavalier about this life because they think they have another one. I don't. I value life. Your suggestion that somehow only religious people have morals is ignorant and insulting.

Only a person who adopts God's morals can have any notion of what morality is.

If you get to make up your own morals, you can make up any kind of shit.

Christians are not punks. True.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 09:15 PM

So what's your point?:(

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:17 PM
Meh! Are you aware of all the death, destruction, chaos, mayhem, and suffering that has taken place due to organization religion!!!!

I do.

Christians are human too with all the fallabilities of humans.

Yet God's way is better than man's way.

For god is worthy and man is not.

Not as a true and immortal all powerful being.

Too bad you have absolutely no hope for an immortal life.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:18 PM
So what's your point?:(

The point is that I believe the godless are more capable Devilry than Christians.

If man gets to make his own morality, he can make up anything.

Whereas God's prescription for humanity is clearly designed to be beneficial.

Those who think ALL THIS was made by chance baffle me completely.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:22 PM
Non-christians get to make up their own rules.

God clearly does not allow murder.

Murder came from Satan's influence.

Moral relativists can make up whatever rules they want to.

They are their own moral compasses.

I prefer a compass that always has been and made everything.

Now there is an entity worthy of worship.

Only a person who adopts God's morals can have any notion of what morality is.

If you get to make up your own morals, you can make up any kind of shit.

Christians are not punks. True.

You are a goofball, I'll give you that. Christians aren't allowed to murder? Bible tell you that? Was that part before or after God had thousands of infants killed because he was pissed off that the pharaoh was dissing him? Was it before or after he played poker with the devil using Jobs family as a chips.

Yesterday you suggesting taking up arms. Not very Christian of you. You are the exact kind of goofball whackjob religious freak that we all need protection from. Your kind has been slaughtering people for centuries over a stupid book that MEN wrote. You swallow the horseshit hook, line and sinker, and don't tell me you don't believe in murder, because you love those Christian soldiers. You are dangerous.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 09:24 PM
You are dangerous.So Hudaman, hate to take you away from profound chat. . . but. .. .

Do you make any distinction between organized religion and spirituality?

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:27 PM
So Hudaman, hate to take you away from profound chat. . . but. .. .

Do you make any distinction between organized religion and spirituality?

Yes, the distinction for me is simple. If you believe in an external morality system handed down by a God, you are dangerous. I've become rather militant about this, because I'm sick of the Rick Santorums of the world telling us about morality. Eman is a particularly self righteous asshole, frankly.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:28 PM

You are a goofball, I'll give you that. Christians aren't allowed to murder? Bible tell you that? Was that part before or after God had thousands of infants killed because he was pissed off that the pharaoh was dissing him? Was it before or after he played poker with the devil using Jobs family as a chips.

God forbids murder. Yet God can kill whomever he wants because he is the true sovereign.

He is not bound by man but only himself.

His rules are for us. Not necessarily him.

And he is worthy.

Yesterday you suggesting taking up arms. Not very Christian of you. You are the exact kind of goofball whackjob religious freak that we all need protection from. Your kind has been slaughtering people for centuries over a stupid book that MEN wrote. You swallow the horseshit hook, line and sinker, and don't tell me you don't believe in murder, because you love those Christian soldiers. You are dangerous.

I do not believe another man has the right to take my life. Or my freedom. I think that is fighting time.

Even if it means first striking.

The Bible is the most miraculous book in the history of mankind.

You are a self worshipper screaming in the wind.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM
Yes, the distinction for me is simple. If you believe in an external morality system handed down by a God, you are dangerous. I've become rather militant about this, because I'm sick of the Rick Santorums of the world telling us about morality. Eman is a particularly self righteous asshole, frankly.

Well thank you HUD.

For going out of your way to give me special recognition.

Kanadesaga
02-15-2012, 09:29 PM

Actually, he is clinicly insane.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:30 PM
God forbids murder. Yet God can kill whomever he wants because he is the true sovereign.

He is not bound by man but only himself.

His rules are for us. Not necessarily him.

And he is worthy.

I do not believe another man has the right to take my life. Or my freedom. I think that is fighting time.

Even if it means first striking.

The Bible is the most miraculous book in the history of mankind.

You are a self worshipper screaming in the wind.

So, God is not only a petulant, cowardly, jealous murderer, he's a hypocrite as well. Your God can go fuck himself. I want no part of him.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:31 PM

Or a genius. I'm beginning to think it's insanity though.

Environment Man

Are you talking about Eman, Desaga?

Environment Man

I would lean more towards genius.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:32 PM
Well thank you HUD.

For going out of your way to give me special recognition.

That's because you are special. You appear to break that commandment about no other Gods on a daily basis, as you appear to worship yourself.

Kanadesaga

Take my word, crazy as a two pecker billy goat

Environment Man
So, God is not only a petulant, cowardly, jealous murderer, he's a hypocrite as well. Your God can go fuck himself. I want no part of him.

You place yourself above God.

Yet you can create no atom.

You cannot create countless stars.

And gravity.

God is worthy because he created all these things and much much more.

Kanadesaga
02-15-2012, 09:33 PM
That's because you are special. You appear to break that commandment about no other Gods on a daily basis, as you appear to worship yourself.

Bingo! he'll never stop, He's his favorite person.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:34 PM
You place yourself above God.

Yet you can create no atom.

You cannot create countless stars.

And gravity.

God is worthy because he created all these things and much much more.

Did he create your delusions of grandeur?

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:34 PM

Everyone who knows Eman knows that he is lowly.

Humble.

A bug.

Unworthy of God's many gifts but saved through the ransom sacrifice of Jesus.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 09:35 PM
Yes, the distinction for me is simple. If you believe in an external morality system handed down by a God, you are dangerous.We see this the same way. The first danger, and the mother of all dangers, is the danger such persons pose to themselves.

As I see it . . .

You can only genuinely be who you are and where you are. All movement from that spot proceeds from that spot. Outside-in morality is sugar on shit, and a split from one's own reality. A split man, imitating Christ or Moses or whoever else, projects that split onto the world, creating all of the division that is the cause of all war. That kind of religion creates war, no matter what its good book says.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
We see this the same way. The first danger, and the mother of all dangers, is the danger such persons pose to themselves.

As I see it . . .

You can only genuinely be who you are and where you are. All movement from that spot proceeds from that spot. Outside-in morality is sugar on shit, and a split from one's own reality. A split man, imitating Christ or Moses or whoever else, projects that split onto the world, creating all of the division that is the cause of all war. That kind of religion creates war, no matter what its good book says.

I find it ironic that Eman claims I place myself 'above God'. Religion is the height of self aggrandizement. Christians believe they alone in the vast universe are special to God and are made in God's image. I believe us to be savages who know almost nothing of what can be known. Christians claim to have figured out eternity. Who places themselves 'above God'? It ain't me. Of course I don't believe in God, but you get the point.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:38 PM
Did he create your delusions of grandeur?

No.

The logic and science intrigue me to no end.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:41 PM

I find it ironic that Eman claims I place myself 'above God'. Religion is the height of self aggrandizement. Christians believe they alone in the vast universe are special to God and are made in God's image.

Yes we do believe that we are very special.

Because we believe we are children of God.

And God loves all his children.

I believe us to be savages who know almost nothing of what can be known.

You choose to be in ignorance.

Is this on purpose?

Christians claim to have figured out eternity. Who places themselves 'above God'? It ain't me. Of course I don't believe in God, but you get the point.

Christians didn't figure it out. God provided the answers.

Our knoweledge answers many scientific and quetions of logic.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 09:42 PM

I find it ironic that Eman claims I place myself 'above God'. Religion is the height of self aggrandizement. Christians believe they alone in the vast universe are special to God and are made in God's image. I believe us to be savages who know almost nothing of what can be known. Christians claim to have figured out eternity. Who places themselves 'above God'? It ain't me. Of course I don't believe in God, but you get the point.People who brag about their humility are comical, and never to be taken seriously. The "Religion" of the right is basically, "I'm with him - and if you are not with me, you are going to hell." God for them is just a power game.

Hudaman
No.

The logic and science intrigue me to no end.

Tell me about the science behind the slaughter committed by the Angel of Death? It must be akin to Santa Claus delivering those presents, except instead of putting presents under the tree, God slaughtered little Cindy Lou Who. Yeah, great science you got there.

Environment Man
Bingo! he'll never stop, He's his favorite person.

God has instructed that I love my neighbor as myself.

It if very difficult though.

Almost impossible.

But it is noble.

Donnie D
02-15-2012, 09:43 PM

I find it ironic that Eman claims I place myself 'above God'. Religion is the height of self aggrandizement. Christians believe they alone in the vast universe are special to God and are made in God's image. I believe us to be savages who know almost nothing of what can be known. Christians claim to have figured out eternity. Who places themselves 'above God'? It ain't me. Of course I don't believe in God, but you get the point.

The most intelligent people I know feel the way you do.

I have always found the notion of being created in the image of God to be so presumptuous and arrogant.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:44 PM
Tell me about the science behind the slaughter committed by the Angel of Death? It must be akin to Santa Claus delivering those presents, except instead of putting presents under the tree, God slaughtered little Cindy Lou Who. Yeah, great science you got there.

If you cross God, he can order your slaughter.

As you seem to be aware, he did it often in the past.

He is God. Sovereign.

Yet he is very good and absolutely wants us to live (forever) with him.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:44 PM
The most intelligent people I know feel the way you do.

I have always found the notion of being created in the image of God to be so presumptuous and arrogant.

Not if God told us that is how it was done.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:45 PM
If you cross God, he can order your slaughter.

As you seem to be aware, he did it often in the past.

He is God. Sovereign.

Yet he is very good and absolutely wants us to live (forever) with him.

Oh, it's a bullshit story. I laugh and spit on your God. He is a monster. Fortunately for all of us, he is no more real than Voldermort.

EldonG
02-15-2012, 09:49 PM
Oh, it's a bullshit story. I laugh and spit on your God. He is a monster. Fortunately for all of us, he is no more real than Voldermort.

Voldemorte's not real? :disbelief:

Damn.

That means Harry Potter isn't, and he can't save us all. :ohno:

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:51 PM

Lucifer questioned God's sovereignty just like you do.

And it has led to destruction.

You have to admit that we will blow ourselves up.

Sooner than later.

What kind of 'progress' is that?

We will have proven that we cannot manage ourselves without God.

Donnie D
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Christians who use Satan as an excuse for their wrongdoing and blame everything on *sin* are no different than children who refuse to be accountable for themselves. People need to grow up and take responsibility. But Christianity promises to *forgive* you for every bad thing you do as long as you apologize to Jesus. What a deal!

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:52 PM

Sooner than later.

Well, if we do, then God allowed it to happen. Your God sucks.

EldonG
02-15-2012, 09:53 PM

Sooner than later.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2:

This is all part of your stage act, right? It's damn funny...

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM
Christians who use Satan as an excuse for their wrongdoing and blame everything on *sin* are no different than children who refuse to be accountable for themselves. People need to grow up and take responsibility. But Christianity promises to *forgive* you for every bad thing you do as long as you apologize to Jesus. What a deal!

Christians have removed any importance from this life. That's why the belief is so dangerous. It's much tougher to send a soldier into battle if you don't believe he's going to have an afterlife.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:54 PM

A very nice deal.

I mean Jesus did die so that we might live.

We are simply tortured by our inability to perfectly adhere to God's rules.

But God has told us that he understands that we are operating under very imperfect conditions.

Donnie D
02-15-2012, 09:55 PM
Did God give us our free will so we could ruin the planet he supposedly created?

If he is all powerful then he could stop the carnage but he doesn't. He must want us to do it to ourselves. For what? Some lesson? His entertainment?

These are rhetorical questions of course. I don't believe in God.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM
Christians have removed any importance from this life. That's why the belief is so dangerous. It's much tougher to send a soldier into battle if you don't believe he's going to have an afterlife.

Stop spreading your false propaganda about Christians.

Do you seek to mislead on purpose?

That would make you a disciple of Satan.

Father of Death.

Life is very precious. Our most precious of gifts.

And God gave it to us. He wants us to have it forever.

Donnie D
02-15-2012, 09:56 PM

I love the distinctions they make between *kill* and *murder* in the commandments so they can justify wars.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I love the distinctions they make between *kill* and *murder* in the commandments so they can justify wars.

You love it?

Interesting.

One must defend the gift of life that God has given us if someone tries to take it.

You might have to first strike a fucker in order to protect yourself.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM

Father of Death.

Every word I say about Christianity is based on reality. The religion places a greater value on the next life than they do on this one. Your God does not value human life, why should you?

Disciple of Satan? Sure, if you think so. I still prefer Voldermort or Darth Vader, they are better written characters. Far more complex and interesting.

Hudaman is a speaker of the real truth.

See, I can do it too.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:02 PM
Did God give us our free will so we could ruin the planet he supposedly created?

We are trying to manage the climate. And the earth.

We're not doing too good a job of it.

But no. God commanded us to subdue the earth.

And he promised to punish those ruining the earth.

If he is all powerful then he could stop the carnage but he doesn't. He must want us to do it to ourselves. For what? Some lesson? His entertainment?

We abandoned God in favor of listening to Satan in the Garden.

We told God we could do it without him.

So he is allowing it for a while.

We are botching it horribly.

But he knows his children will burn down the house without him.

These are rhetorical questions of course. I don't believe in God.[/QUOTE]

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:03 PM
You love it?

Interesting.

One must defend the gift of life that God has given us if someone tries to take it.

You might have to first strike a fucker in order to protect yourself.

So, that Jesus Christ 'turn the other cheek' bullshit isn't REAL Christianity.

Donnie D
02-15-2012, 10:07 PM
Part of the problem with Christianity is its representatives.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 10:09 PM
Part of the problem with Christianity is its representatives.For the most part Donnie, they sure as heck don't speak for Jesus.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Jesus would have shilled for the military-industrial complex. ;)

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM

Amen (pun intended). There was a pastor that posted with tut and I on another site. He represented well. We still sparred with him over dogma, but he rejected most of it and dumbed it down to 'God is Love' I liked that message better.

Kanadesaga
02-15-2012, 10:11 PM
http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46/kanadesaga/423772_358791124149135_196601040368145_1370518_167 7457015_n.jpg

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM

Very true.

We are no Jesuses.

We are pathethic.

Yet we believe.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Amen (pun intended). There was a pastor that posted with tut and I on another site. He represented well. We still sparred with him over dogma, but he rejected most of it and dumbed it down to 'God is Love' I liked that message better.

Sure you did.

HUD approved.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:14 PM
For the most part Donnie, they sure as heck don't speak for Jesus.

Could be wrong, but I don't think Jesus would have shilled for the military-industrial complex. ;)

Who shilled for teh military industrial complex?

Kanadesaga
Very true.

We are no Jesuses.

We are pathethic.

Yet we believe.

Truer words were never written.

Hudaman
Sure you did.

HUD approved.

I'm sure the idea of a God that isn't petty, jealous, angry, and whiny is foreign to you.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:15 PM
So, that Jesus Christ 'turn the other cheek' bullshit isn't REAL Christianity.

Well he turned the other cheek when he came last time.

When he comes back he will not be turning the other cheek.

He will be eliminating those who still choose rebellion.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:16 PM
I'm sure the idea of a God that isn't petty, jealous, angry, and whiny is foreign to you.

We got our emotions from God.

For God is an emotional God.

He gets jealous. Mad. Sad.

Emotions are a great gift from God.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:17 PM
Truer words were never written.

Just admit that you have been jealous of me just as long as you've known me.

Hudaman
Well he turned the other cheek when he came last time.

When he comes back he will not be turning the other cheek.

He will be eliminating those who still choose rebellion.

Terminator Jesus.

Awesome. Will he be packing?

Why not just make up your own religion? You sure as hell aren't a Christian.

Hudaman

He sounds like a pussy.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:18 PM
Terminator Jesus.

Awesome. Will he be packing?

Why not just make up your own religion? You sure as hell aren't a Christian.

Oh.

I seek not your approval for you can do nothing for me.

Yet God can give me eternal life.

Yes Jesus will be packing.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
He sounds like a pussy.

Your blasphemy is great.

Ye evil is apparent.

Kanadesaga
02-15-2012, 10:19 PM
He sounds like a pussy.

I've always said, he weak is the christian god that he had to make beings just to worship him.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Your blasphemy is great.

Ye evil is apparent.

Oh, my blasphemy is just starting. I detest your God. And more importantly, I detest the impact he has had throughout history. Obviously, you'd like to continue that trend.

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 10:21 PM
Amen (pun intended). There was a pastor that posted with tut and I on another site. He represented well. We still sparred with him over dogma, but he rejected most of it and dumbed it down to 'God is Love' I liked that message better.It has the distinct virtue of bearing a great semblance to what Jesus is reported to have said.

The rest of the hateful shit that is propagated in his name: not so much.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Oh.

I seek not your approval for you can do nothing for me.

Yet God can give me eternal life.

Yes Jesus will be packing.

That's cool. I'm expressing an opinion. Your philosophy has nothing to do with Christianity. You are clearly an Old Testament wrath of God type.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:23 PM
It has the distinct virtue of bearing a great semblance to what Jesus is reported to have said.

Yep, he even told me God would find me and save me someday. He was a bit delusional.

Donnie D
It has the distinct virtue of bearing a great semblance to what Jesus is reported to have said.

No offense but I don't believe in Jesus. I think the ideals are nice but they're fabricated in my opinion.

Environment Man
I've always said, he weak is the christian god that he had to make beings just to worship him.

A Father wants children.

God the Father loves all of his children.

He hates their rebellion against him though.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
That's cool. I'm expressing an opinion. Your philosophy has nothing to do with Christianity. You are clearly an Old Testament wrath of God type.

I completely accept the New Testament too.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:24 PM
No offense but I don't believe in Jesus. I think the ideals are nice but they're fabricated in my opinion.

Fictional or real, that's a tough one. But there was much to admire in the story, regardless of whether the man actually lived or not. Here's what I'm certain of... he didn't rise into the clouds.

Hudaman
02-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I completely accept the New Testament too.

Obviously not.

Environment Man
Oh, my blasphemy is just starting. I detest your God. And more importantly, I detest the impact he has had throughout history. Obviously, you'd like to continue that trend.

I suspected you were an agent of Satan.

And now you confirm it.

Admit it outright.

It is good to know who I am dealing with here.

rastaman
I do.

Christians are human too with all the fallabilities of humans.

Yet God's way is better than man's way.

For god is worthy and man is not.

Not as a true and immortal all powerful being.

Too bad you have absolutely no hope for an immortal life.

Too bad when the European came to the America's with all its Christianity virtues morality they practiced genocide on the native Americans from the 1400's (Christopher Columbus) thru the 1890's. So much for God's way....RIGHT!

This marked the beginning of the long road of persecution and genocide of Native Americans, our indigenous people. Genocide was an important cause of the decline for many tribes.

"By conservative estimates, the population of the United states prior to European contact was greater than 12 million. Four centuries later, the count was reduced by 95% to 237 thousand.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:26 PM
Obviously not.

Oh Jesus is the truth, the light and the way.

The New Testament rocks.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:27 PM
Too bad when the European came to the America's with all its Christianity virtues morality they practiced genocide on the native Americans from the 1400's (Christopher Columbus) thru the 1890's. So much for God's way....RIGHT!

This marked the beginning of the long road of persecution and genocide of Native Americans, our indigenous people. Genocide was an important cause of the decline for many tribes.

"By conservative estimates, the population of the United states prior to European contact was greater than 12 million. Four centuries later, the count was reduced by 95% to 237 thousand.

Well not all of those Europena savages were Christian.

Clearly many practiced great Devilry.

And the immorality meted on the indians speaks volumes.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 10:30 PM
Your blasphemy is great.

Ye evil is apparent.

E-Man you have been entertaining tonight with your Free-Styling Rap quoting of bible quotes.

You could become the Hip-Hop Jesus if you worked on your craft a little more.

You could rap and free style your all the way in to heaven.:thumbsup:

dsolo802
02-15-2012, 10:31 PM
No offense but I don't believe in Jesus. I think the ideals are nice but they're fabricated in my opinion.No worries Donnie D. No offense taken.

Belief is just a fancy word for bias. Bias means some degree of blindness: The more biased you are the less you are able to see the truth that stands in front of you. Believing about anything - one way or the other - is a waste of the intelligence each person is born with.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:32 PM
E-Man you have been entertaining tonight with your Free-Styling Rap quoting of bible quotes.

Eman rocks.

But does not rap.

Singer songwriter musician tradition is just fine with the Emeister.

rastaman
02-15-2012, 10:39 PM
Eman rocks.

But does not rap.

Singer songwriter musician tradition is just fine with the Emeister.

I beg to differ with ya! Check this flow out these are your own words:

Master Flav Enviro Man:

Sooner than later.

Father of Death.

Environment Man
02-15-2012, 10:43 PM
I beg to differ with ya! Check this flow out these are your own words:

Master Flav Enviro Man:

Sooner than later.

Father of Death.

Excellent.

But I would rather hear it in the context of a real musical song than a rap.

But I'm old.

You kids like the hip hop rap stuff.

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 02:20 AM
Yep, he even told me God would find me and save me someday. We all need saving from the saviors, my friend. The saviors are some of the most dangerous people on the planet.

nondual
02-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Sperm are not people.

Of course, with the atheists, anything goes because they can make up their own rules.

So all manner of Devilry is possible.
Today, it's called a zygote.

You are still living in the 13th century. Welcome to the 21st century.

Keyser Soze
02-16-2012, 09:27 AM
There is no institution of man that is not capable of being corrupted to perverse ends, including but certainly not limited to religion.

There is no scientific discovery worthy of mention that could not be directed to very destructive ends. And yet we do not conclude that science is intrinsically destructive.

If we were to throw out the corrupters of religion - which I will confess are very many - I would say to you that religion at its best provides a common approach and a supportive community for living a genuine life of self introspection, awareness and expansion.
It is true that there is much corruption. My question is what is religion if not an organized and codified (dogmatic) belief system. Couldn't that in itself be the corruption?

Hudaman
02-16-2012, 09:29 AM
I suspected you were an agent of Satan.

And now you confirm it.

Admit it outright.

It is good to know who I am dealing with here.

I think in your world that would be the best categorization of me. An agent of Satan. If by that, you mean someone who vehemently opposes your attempts to codify your religion and impose it on society, count me in. I thoroughly reject your concept of God, and the ramifications that follow from it. I will do everything in my power to stop your crusade from impacting the rest of society.

anatta
02-16-2012, 09:35 AM
means I can get high right?? Sign me up.
And what's the one the native americans can use for peyote? I want that one too.

Shit. Buddhists aren't supposed to use intoxicants.

Oh well PRIORITIES !!!!! Party on God !

anatta
02-16-2012, 09:51 AM
Them Muslim guys know how to Party. although they have hookas they DON"T SMOKE DOPE !! :confused:

WTF is WRONG with you ppl?? You got Afg. weed and opium, and you smoke tobacco??

THAT RELIGION SHOULD BE BANNED FOR STUPIDITY

Stupid Ragheads

anatta
02-16-2012, 09:54 AM

I want a Rock and Roll God, C'Mon.

"got to pay the dues if you want the Rapture blues.."

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 11:05 AM
It is true that there is much corruption. My question is what is religion if not an organized and codified (dogmatic) belief system. Couldn't that in itself be the corruption?
Any and every belief itself is a corruption of what you already are. Beliefs are blinders.

Real religion is about being: living from, and expressing, what you essentially are - Logos, the very ground of existence itself. Re-logos, re-member, re-awaken.

No abstraction can ever be "it": including these few words. Organized and layered abstraction takes you very far away from it.

What you think, including and especially self-image is the barrier: it can never be the bridge.

Keyser Soze
02-16-2012, 11:10 AM
All of which has nothing at all to do with religion.:thumbsup:

Hud...I've enjoyed your posts in this thread...well written and thought out. I agree that religion is hateful.

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 11:17 AM
All of which has nothing at all to do with religion.:thumbsup: 999 out of a thousand may only know Muzak but it doesn't mean there is no music. And it doesn't mean there are no real music lovers.

tutonic
02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
...would be better arrived at through the incidental benefit that comes from higher education rather than shoving the idea down the throats of those not ready for it yet.

Magical thinking and reason can't coexist.

Environment Man
02-16-2012, 11:52 AM
Today, it's called a zygote.

You are still living in the 13th century. Welcome to the 21st century.

In the 21st Century, we call zygotes conceived persons.

Environment Man
02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
I think in your world that would be the best categorization of me. An agent of Satan. If by that, you mean someone who vehemently opposes your attempts to codify your religion and impose it on society, count me in. I thoroughly reject your concept of God, and the ramifications that follow from it. I will do everything in my power to stop your crusade from impacting the rest of society.

Fine.

We know where each stand.

I on the side of God.

And you on the side of Satan.

Environment Man
02-16-2012, 11:55 AM
...would be better arrived at through the incidental benefit that comes from higher education rather than shoving the idea down the throats of those not ready for it yet.

Magical thinking and reason can't coexist.

Evolution theory uses magic to explain itself.

Creationism is much more scientific.

Bill Cosby
02-16-2012, 01:35 PM
means I can get high right?? Sign me up.
And what's the one the native americans can use for peyote? I want that one too.

Shit. Buddhists aren't supposed to use intoxicants.

Oh well PRIORITIES !!!!! Party on God !

????Maybe you can get away w/ some fermented goat milk:ugho:...hhhmmm yummy..:lmao2:

nondual
02-16-2012, 01:42 PM
In the 21st Century, we call zygotes conceived persons.
You don't even know the meaning of the word person. Look it up in a dictionary.

tutonic
02-16-2012, 01:52 PM
Any and every belief itself is a corruption of what you already are. Beliefs are blinders.

Real religion is about being: living from, and expressing, what you essentially are - Logos, the very ground of existence itself. Re-logos, re-member, re-awaken.

No abstraction can ever be "it": including these few words. Organized and layered abstraction takes you very far away from it.

What you think, including and especially self-image is the barrier: it can never be the bridge.

That would sound deep if I were as high on mushrooms as you are. :lmao2:

Thai Kimchi
02-16-2012, 01:57 PM
H5tOgRD4EqY

....first thing that came to mind, Eldon.

But Earthlings desperately need something to cling onto, so these religious zealots will be with us for literally as long as the planet tolerates our existence.

Zane
02-16-2012, 02:05 PM
I always imagined God looking like a giant Mega-Man, from the old NES games.

http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/extras/image/name/san2/989/377989/original/megaman.jpg

Hudaman
02-16-2012, 02:15 PM
Fine.

We know where each stand.

I on the side of God.

And you on the side of Satan.

Voldermort, okay. I want to be on the side of Voldermort. Like a Deatheater or some such. Satan is boring. He'd be cooler if they could get Liam Neisen to play him. Or that guy from Inglorious Bastards.

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 03:38 PM
That would sound deep if I were as high on mushrooms as you are. :lmao2:Don't knock the shrooms. And don't suppose that just because you can't relate now that there can't come a day when you can.

Don't feel bad.

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 03:39 PM

Magical thinking and reason can't coexist.Er...is that a response to something I wrote? Please explain?

dsolo802
02-16-2012, 10:03 PM
You don't even know the meaning of the word person. Look it up in a dictionary.Proceed with utmost caution:

It is not safe to assume the existence of reading skills. You can't expect ready acceptance of the plain and simple meaning of every day words.

Environment Man
02-16-2012, 10:11 PM
You don't even know the meaning of the word person. Look it up in a dictionary.

Sentient being.

Eman needs no dictionary.

Environment Man
02-16-2012, 10:14 PM

Mushrooms?

dsolo802
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
You need to start where you are. Just common sense.

tutonic
02-17-2012, 11:19 AM
You need to start where you are. Just common sense.

I could attempt to untangle what you wrote before, define and construe it, but it occurs to me that I could take every single vague and paradoxical statement you wrote, write the exact opposite and it would be just as inscrutable and impossible to pin down in any way or make useful.

It was a hippie speak, devoid of any substance. I don't do that. Don't get me wrong, I like Pink Floyd the Wall concept album and film too. But then I left the movie theater and had opinions and used my brain anyway.

Back to the OP, I'm all for not having religion, but I am irked that the deference we treat the indigenous cultures of other societies is not afforded to our own indigenous subculture of Christians. Let them take their time in killing their own culture and god. Destroying theirs is bad anthropology. The death of magical religion is inevitable anyway.

dsolo802
02-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I could attempt to untangle what you wrote before, define and construe it, but it occurs to me that I could take every single vague and paradoxical statement you wrote, write the exact opposite and it would be just as inscrutable and impossible to pin down in any way or make useful.BS. First of all this is not "your" thread. If anyone could lay claim to the thread and the meaning of the OP it would be Rastaman.

Second, you are making the broadest statement possible about all religion - and I'm pointing out to you that your statement is over broad. It does not apply to gnostic Christians, and the mystic traditions of all the major religions, and of many others of which, I'm certain you've never heard.

If you've got a point to make, make it. Don't just fling mud, T, that is just arrogance and way beneath you.

Here, I'll give you a start, with three related points.

If you are sad, do you think it's wise or helpful to repress the sadness and to be of good cheer - because Jesus, or mommy or anybody else says so?

If you are angry, do you think it's wise or helpful to push it down - and smart to think there won't be any consequences?

If you are in denial, do you think it's wise or helpful to be in denial about that?

Organized religion is repressive in all of the ways I suggest above. The other kind of religion is absolutely not. Big difference.

dsolo802
02-19-2012, 12:43 PM
"No abstraction can ever be "it".

Dogma, all fixed ideas about man's connection to this life, in the nature things is not the experience described. Any more than eating the menu itself can ever give anyone the taste of the meal.

Religions requiring study of a holy book much as one would study historical facts about the civil war, and equating that dead "knowledge" with truth or "righteousness" invite disconnect from greater Life - with all manner of division, warfare and inhumanity following as a consequence.

It goes without saying that religions which function to burn away that obscuring knowledge and to replace it with nothing else - that kind of religion will never be the cause of dogmatic disagreement, division, war, repression or oppression.