PDA

View Full Version : How should Micheal Vick be punished for abusing dogs?

cottonbroker1
02-08-2012, 09:23 PM
In light of Micheal Vicks abuse of animals how should he be punished?

Hawkeye2j
02-08-2012, 11:03 PM
I think he should be forced to race in a dog track

May Niack
02-08-2012, 11:13 PM
he should have to fight a dog

Pointgold
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
He should be thrown in a pen full of angry, hungry pit bulls!

cottonbroker1
02-08-2012, 11:15 PM
he should have to fight a dogor 100 pit bull dogs with rib eyes strapped to his body....:thumbsup:

Pointgold
02-08-2012, 11:16 PM
or 100 pit bull dogs with rib eyes strapped to his body....:thumbsup::lmao2: :lmao2:

That's even better.

cottonbroker1
02-08-2012, 11:39 PM
http://downloadpolitics.com/images/smilies/corgi.gif

May Niack
02-08-2012, 11:41 PM
http://downloadpolitics.com/images/smilies/corgi.gif

how did you make that dog smilies cotton?

cottonbroker1
02-08-2012, 11:42 PM
how did you make that dog smilies cotton?ancient secret...ill pm you..

May Niack
02-08-2012, 11:47 PM
ancient secret...ill pm you..

thanks

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

cottonbroker1
02-08-2012, 11:58 PM
thanks

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)et toi....http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-hug014.gif (http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys.php)

malachi
02-09-2012, 02:30 PM

I think he should be forced to work as a vet tech for three years with no other professional income.

Also, that he should have to read the DCJunkies board about himself every night.

Fat Bastard
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Didn't Vick already serve time in jail and pay huge fines?

cottonbroker1
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM
Didn't Vick already serve time in jail and pay huge fines?So what?? The SOB should have been beaten to death with a damn shovel, forced to eat live rats and had his balls burned off with a blowtorch. WTH is the matter with you FB?? You libs are some sick ass people. You dont abuse animals. Its wrong.

Fat Bastard
02-09-2012, 05:38 PM
So what?? The SOB should have been beaten to death with a damn shovel, forced to eat live rats and had his balls burned off with a blowtorch. WTH is the matter with you FB?? You libs are some sick ass people. You dont abuse animals. Its wrong.

Sorry, manic-man, but as long as circuses, dog racing, horse racing and factory farming are legal, no one is going to be executed for killing animals. Like it or not, Vick paid a higher price than most for what is routinely punished mildly (animal cruelty).

cottonbroker1
02-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry, manic-man, but as long as circuses, dog racing, horse racing and factory farming are legal, no one is going to be executed for killing animals. Like it or not, Vick paid a higher price than most for what is routinely punished mildly (animal cruelty).Don't think I am a fan of those things. Especially dog racing, circuses and factory farming. I love animals and I love babies. That is why I think people who abort babies and people who abuse animals should be violated in the most harsh manner humanly possible...

Fat Bastard
02-09-2012, 05:45 PM
Don't think I am a fan of those things. Especially dog racing, circuses and factory farming. I love animals and I love babies. That is why I think people who abort babies and people who abuse animals should be violated in the most harsh manner humanly possible...

Do you eat animals?

cottonbroker1
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Do you eat animals?Do you?

Fat Bastard
02-09-2012, 06:01 PM
Hell no....just how clogged are your arteries FB? Do you think I would be get dragged into an argument like this if I did? And if I did do you think the great Cotton would be such an amateur as to answer yes to such an obvious leading question?

For what it's worth, my opinion is that animal cruelty laws are insufficient in terms of their effectiveness at deterring cruelty as well as serving as an appropriate punishment, given the heinousness of the acts. I love animals, too. But I don't kid myself that we're a society that views animals as products to be exploited, and that's why cruelty laws are light and ineffective. Animal cruelty laws don't apply to factory farming. That right there explains a lot. Vick didn't get off any lighter than any other animal abuser; it's just the way the laws currently are.

cottonbroker1
02-09-2012, 06:06 PM
For what it's worth, my opinion is that animal cruelty laws are insufficient in terms of their effectiveness at deterring cruelty as well as serving as an appropriate punishment, given the heinousness of the acts. I love animals, too. But I don't kid myself that we're a society that views animals as products to be exploited, and that's why cruelty laws are light and ineffective. Animal cruelty laws don't apply to factory farming. That right there explains a lot. Vick didn't get off any lighter than any other animal abuser; it's just the way the laws currently are.I agree the lawas are fucked up...what Vick did was beyond cruel. It was calculated and repetitive. It was as bad as being an abortion doctor.

malachi
02-09-2012, 07:00 PM
Do you eat animals?

Moral relativism, of course. Eating animals may not actually be "abusing" them.

Since my wife's family owns about 60 acres of pastureland, we raise pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, heritage cattle and bison for personal consumption.

The family shares in both the purchase and the care of the animals and all of the animals are given great lives. They aren't factory-farmed, they're as close to "organic" as you can get, and they are given a healthy, safe place to live. Every animal save the pigs are butchered about 500 yards down the road at a local slaughterhouse run by a Jewish and Muslim team who supply halal and kosher meats to the local community. The pigs are butchered on site at the farm by two independent butchers who work with the slaughterhouse on nonkosher and non-halal meats.

I still buy meat from the local butcher, but knowing where the majority of my meat comes from and that the animals that provide it are well-cared for is a good thing. The food tastes better, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

I've also had snake, elk, venison, moose, bear, cougar, ostrich, emu, alligator, crocodile, kangaroo, wallaby, dog, raccoon, squirrel, wolf, grouse, partridge, pigeon, duck, goose, swan, whale, octopus, shark, scorpion, grasshopper, cicada, cockroach, grub, and eel. I've eaten ortolan and goose liver pate, and I've had sea urchin, ahi tuna, live herring, and squid.

Does that mean I abused or contributed to the abuse of those animals because I ate them? Hell no. And I've had the fetal eggs where the baby chicken still in the egg is cooked and served to your plate. (It was godawful, but I ate it.)

And yes, if you notice in that list, there's dog listed - I had it in Korea.
The difference is:

I don't make my cows fight each other to the death.
I don't eat roosters that lose in cockfights.
I never ate an alligator that didn't get killed for its meat.

Cottonbroker's full of shit, as usual, because an abortion doctor isn't putting scalpels in the hands of the fetuses and making them fight to the death for the entertainment of sick fucks. The abortion doctor is removing a clumping of cells that cannot survive outside of the womb. There's no comparison.

One's a football player who got off on forcing animals to fight each other to death.
Another is a medical professional who is conducting a procedure to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

Of course, it's far easier to just slather on the hyperbolic asshattery and compare Michael Vick to an abortion doctor than it is to actually THINK, isn't it?

Truth be told, actual Hammurabian law would put Michael Vick and his younger brother in a cage fight to the death.

cottonbroker1
02-09-2012, 07:01 PM
Moral relativism, of course. Eating animals may not actually be "abusing" them.

Since my wife's family owns about 60 acres of pastureland, we raise pigs, chickens, goats, sheep, heritage cattle and bison for personal consumption.

The family shares in both the purchase and the care of the animals and all of the animals are given great lives. They aren't factory-farmed, they're as close to "organic" as you can get, and they are given a healthy, safe place to live. Every animal save the pigs are butchered about 500 yards down the road at a local slaughterhouse run by a Jewish and Muslim team who supply halal and kosher meats to the local community. The pigs are butchered on site at the farm by two independent butchers who work with the slaughterhouse on nonkosher and non-halal meats.

I still buy meat from the local butcher, but knowing where the majority of my meat comes from and that the animals that provide it are well-cared for is a good thing. The food tastes better, and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.

I've also had snake, elk, venison, moose, bear, cougar, ostrich, emu, alligator, crocodile, kangaroo, wallaby, dog, raccoon, squirrel, wolf, grouse, partridge, pigeon, duck, goose, swan, whale, octopus, shark, scorpion, grasshopper, cicada, cockroach, grub, and eel. I've eaten ortolan and goose liver pate, and I've had sea urchin, ahi tuna, live herring, and squid.

Does that mean I abused or contributed to the abuse of those animals because I ate them? Hell no.:thumbsup:

Mac McFadden
02-10-2012, 03:23 AM
Michael Vick was tried, convicted, and sentenced for his crimes.
He served his sentence.
His "debt to society" has been paid.

If you think the sentence was too lenient then talk to your Congressman (or woman); THEY wrote the laws, I didn't.
(or your state legislature representatives.)

Mac

cottonbroker1
02-10-2012, 03:33 AM
Michael Vick was tried, convicted, and sentenced for his crimes.
He served his sentence.
His "debt to society" has been paid.

If you think the sentence was too lenient then talk to your Congressman (or woman); THEY wrote the laws, I didn't.

MacHe did not pay his debt to society..a proper "debt" to society would have been for him to be beaten to death with a hammer and a shovel...I hope he rots in hell and the last thing he remembers is having his flesh torn from his body by vicious dogs....anyone who believes he has "paid his debt" to society is almost as twisted as he is..(no offense Mac, I like you):)

cottonbroker1
02-10-2012, 03:49 AM
Cottonbroker's full of shit, as usual, because an abortion doctor isn't putting scalpels in the hands of the fetuses and making them fight to the death for the entertainment of sick fucks. The abortion doctor is removing a clumping of cells that cannot survive outside of the womb. There's no comparison.

One's a football player who got off on forcing animals to fight each other to death.
Another is a medical professional who is conducting a procedure to terminate an unwanted pregnancy.

Of course, it's far easier to just slather on the hyperbolic asshattery and compare Michael Vick to an abortion doctor than it is to actually THINK, isn't it?

Truth be told, actual Hammurabian law would put Michael Vick and his younger brother in a cage fight to the death.you are one sick fuck......of course you would think klilling babies is ok...you dont even have the guts to call abortion what it is. you have no respect for human life. Its sad you are such a gutless puke you think its ok to kill a baby but you abhor animal abuse. Abortion drs are the same scum as Vick. If you ripping a babies arms and legs off until it dies a horrible death is not cruel you are one twisted shit. Sort of hard to sugar coat it even in the name of liberalism.

Mac McFadden
02-10-2012, 09:13 PM
Cotton,
I guess you missed this part of my post.
I'll make it easier it fer ya:

Mac

Kanadesaga
02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Cotton,
I guess you missed this part of my post.
I'll make it easier it fer ya:

Mac

Working on that now, 25 years for running a dog fight, also want to out law puppy mills. Of course that isn't possible, but legislating them out of business is very possible. High fines for minor offenses, jail time for serious ones.

Mac McFadden
02-10-2012, 09:37 PM
Kanadesaga,
Good for you on getting involved.
:thumbsup:

Mac

Kanadesaga
02-10-2012, 11:48 PM
Kanadesaga,
Good for you on getting involved.

Mac
It's a long slog.

Pointgold
02-10-2012, 11:50 PM
Working on that now, 25 years for running a dog fight, also want to out law puppy mills. Of course that isn't possible, but legislating them out of business is very possible. High fines for minor offenses, jail time for serious ones.:thumbsup:

Have I told you lately that I love you?

:lmao2:

j/k

Kanadesaga
02-11-2012, 12:05 AM

Have I told you lately that I love you?

j/k

I know

Mac McFadden
02-11-2012, 07:03 PM
Kanadesaga,
Political change is like mating elephants.
1- it's done on a high level
2- it involves lots of grunting and groaning
3- it takes years to produce results

Mac

Kanadesaga
02-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Kanadesaga,

Mac
I actually think elephants get quicker results.

cottonbroker1
02-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Kanadesaga,

MacThat is why I prefer ball bats, billy clubs, hammers, pepper spray and fire hoses....:) :thumbsup:

Mac McFadden
02-12-2012, 05:30 PM
That is why I prefer ball bats, billy clubs, hammers, pepper spray and fire hoses....
Is that what you call "the rule of law"?

And what happens when the OTHER guy also has a ball bat, billy club, hammer, pepper spray, and fire hose?
And he's bigger, stronger, younger, and faster than you?

Mac