PDA

View Full Version : Cain suggests accuser's finances are motive for allegation

doctordog
11-09-2011, 05:40 PM
BINGO!

As newly reviewed records pointed to deeper financial problems for the Chicago-area woman accusing Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain of sexual harassment, he wasted no time Tuesday in suggesting she is motivated by monetary gain.

Sharon Bialek's fiance — who said he is her primary source of financial support — is unemployed and preparing to file for bankruptcy, according to Lake County court documents reviewed Tuesday by the Tribune. And in Cook County, lawsuits show she has been targeted by creditors who claimed she owed them thousands in unpaid rent, personal loans and credit card bills.

In a round of TV interviews, Bialek, 50, said she had no financial reasons for coming forward and had not been promised a job in exchange for accusing Cain of groping her in a parked car 14 years ago. She sought to downplay past financial problems.

"I have had bankruptcy, and it was after the death of my mother, to help my father pay for medical bills, and a custody battle. Like millions of other people out there, I was struggling," she told CNN.

Bialek had two bankruptcies, the first filed in 1991, about a year after her mother died. She declared bankruptcy again in 2001, following a suit in which her son's father agreed to provide financial support and pay her legal bills.

She declined to comment through her lawyer, Gloria Allred. Allred did not respond to Tribune questions about her client's finances.

Bialek told reporters she expected the scrutiny into her background and decided to speak out against Cain anyway because she wanted to give the GOP hopeful a chance to "come clean" and to "tell the truth."

"I'm just doing this because it's the right thing to do," she said in a TV interview.

At a news conference Tuesday, Cain denied Bialek's claims that he wanted sex in exchange for finding her a job, following a dinner meeting in July 1997. Cain said he did not remember her face or name when she spoke out publicly Monday, but called her a "troubled woman" and suggested she may have pecuniary reasons for coming forward.

"I can't respond any further than that, but from a common sense standpoint, one would have to ask if that might not have been a motivation for her being subjected to this," Cain said.

Though Bialek said her financial troubles were due to extenuating circumstances around 2000, court records show she continued to run afoul of creditors as recently as this summer.

In February 2000, Bialek borrowed $3,000 from Northwest Side resident Mark Beatovic, who handwrote a loan agreement in which she agreed to pay him back with interest over the next year. But in 2005, Beatovic filed suit against Bialek for not paying off the loan. In 2007, a judge ordered her to pay Beatovic $3,900.

Broadacre Management, which owned the luxury residential tower at 474 N. Lake Shore Drive where Bialek lived in 2000, filed suit in March 2000 to evict her for not paying that month's rent, $2,250. By the time the judge signed an eviction order in August, Broadacre claimed she owed $6,750. A year later, the judge ordered her to pay $4,930 to resolve the case.

In 2007, a credit card company, Midland Funding, filed suit claiming she had defaulted on a 2002 credit card balance of $1,000. Another case was filed in 2009, but the court was unable to provide records on that suit.
It's unclear whether she has resolved those debts.

The Tribune reported Monday that the IRS filed a tax lien against Bialek for nearly $5,200 in 2009. This August, the Illinois Department of Revenue claimed Bialek owed the state more than $4,300, including penalties and interest, relating to income taxes from 2004.

A major source of Bialek's income over the last decade has come from child support payments supplied by West R. Naze, the marketing executive with whom she had a child in 1998. Both Bialek and Naze filed claims in fall 1999 that resulted in Naze being ordered to pay Bialek, who was unemployed at the time, $2,350 a month.

In December 1999, Bialek filed a financial disclosure form with the court in which she said her sole source of income was the child support. She listed more than $20,000 in credit card debt, another $6,000 in unpaid medical bills from the 1998 birth of her son and a $2,000 personal loan.

Bialek returned to court in 2002 seeking more money from Naze, whose income had increased. By then, Bialek was again gainfully employed, at WGN Radio, which is owned by the Chicago Tribune's parent company. She gave differing accounts of her income, saying she was making about $90,000 a year in one court filing but about $64,000 a year in another.

She sought more money in 2009, alleging Naze's income had grown to about $30,000 a month. In October 2009, the judge ordered him to increase his child support to $66,700 a year.

Bialek, who shares a spacious, five-bedroom home with her fiance and teenage son in Mundelein, has not worked outside the home in several years, Allred said.

Her fiance, Mark Harwood, told the Tribune on Monday that Bialek did not have any current money problems. Harwood, who records show recently left his job in the medical equipment industry, said he supports her financially so she can stay at home with her 13-year-old son.

In court proceedings between Harwood and his ex-wife, Patricia, her lawyers stated last month that Harwood was unemployed and preparing to file for bankruptcy. Harwood could not be reached for comment Tuesday.

Bialek was subpoenaed in the case but failed to appear in September for a deposition regarding her finances.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-herman-cain-accuser-1109-20111109,0,4756421.story

Sharon is a trashy piece of shit!

Hawkeye2j
11-09-2011, 05:41 PM
All four of them?

doctordog
11-09-2011, 05:44 PM
how many of the incidents are less than 5 years old?

I rest my case.

Hawkeye2j
11-09-2011, 05:45 PM
how many of the incidents are less than 5 years old?

I rest my case.
Like I said the accusations and settlements were made. Time doesn't erase it.

Thai Kimchi
11-09-2011, 05:48 PM
This tired old victim character assassination won't work, stupid. The cat's outta the bag, the horse has left the barn, etc.

http://dcjunkies.com/customavatars/avatar798_74.gif.................................. ...http://feministing.com/files/2011/10/large_080207-mitt-romney.jpg

Better email Sludge and request he post some good Willard stuff, ASAP.......y'all losers are stuck with the dope!

doctordog
11-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Like I said the accusations and settlements were made. Time doesn't erase it.

no settlements made by Cain, sorry. Adults that are truly assaulted do not wait 30 years to start squealing.

cottonbroker1
11-09-2011, 05:55 PM
IMO, the latest accuser is likely just trying to jump on the "Herman tried to sex me up too" bandwagon, make a few bucks and then get lost...

doctordog
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
IMO, the latest accuser is likely just trying to jump on the "Herman tried to sex me up too" bandwagon, make a few bucks and then get lost...

Yep, that bitch has been hung up wet too many times.

Thai Kimchi
11-09-2011, 05:57 PM
no settlements made by Cain, sorry. .

Another lie, stupid. You suck.

Cain’s accounts evolved over a second day on Tuesday and did nothing to help him put the situation behind him. And his shifting answers continued to raise questions about the capabilities of a campaign that seasoned party hands still view with skepticism.

Asked Tuesday night on the Fox News Channel whether he would ask the association to comply with Mr. Bennett’s request, Mr. Cain said, “I can’t give you a definitive answer on that until we consult with our attorneys.”

He added that there could be “legal implications” if the women were released from confidentiality agreements, though he did not say what those implications might be.

A spokeswoman for the restaurant association, Sue Hensley, said that Mr. Bennett “has not been in contact with the association,” and that “if we are contacted by Mr. Bennett, we will respond as appropriate.”

She did not address questions about the details of the $35,000 severance arrangement with the other woman. A spokesman for Mr. Cain, J. D. Gordon, also declined to discuss the details of the arrangement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us/politics/herman-cain-accuser-got-a-years-salary-in-severance-pay.html?_r=3&scp=3&sq=Cain%20&st=cse

Vilifier of Zombies
11-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Another lie, stupid. You suck.

Cain’s accounts evolved over a second day on Tuesday and did nothing to help him put the situation behind him. And his shifting answers continued to raise questions about the capabilities of a campaign that seasoned party hands still view with skepticism.

Asked Tuesday night on the Fox News Channel whether he would ask the association to comply with Mr. Bennett’s request, Mr. Cain said, “I can’t give you a definitive answer on that until we consult with our attorneys.”

He added that there could be “legal implications” if the women were released from confidentiality agreements, though he did not say what those implications might be.

A spokeswoman for the restaurant association, Sue Hensley, said that Mr. Bennett “has not been in contact with the association,” and that “if we are contacted by Mr. Bennett, we will respond as appropriate.”

She did not address questions about the details of the $35,000 severance arrangement with the other woman. A spokesman for Mr. Cain, J. D. Gordon, also declined to discuss the details of the arrangement.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/02/us/politics/herman-cain-accuser-got-a-years-salary-in-severance-pay.html?_r=3&scp=3&sq=Cain%20&st=cse

http://restaurantnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/Godfathers-Pizza-Coupon-Save-4-Jumbo-Pizza.jpg

ksec
11-09-2011, 07:05 PM
If what you say is true why havent all the candidates been accused of rape?

Nope, just Cain.

LOL

DoctorDik loves rapists.

doctordog
11-10-2011, 01:41 AM
If what you say is true why havent all the candidates been accused of rape?

Nope, just Cain.

LOL

DoctorDik loves rapists.

None of the others are black.

Ksuc loves liars that can't pay their bills.

Frankg
11-10-2011, 06:51 AM
At least Cain has the courage to address the statements directly.....courage...something Barack Hussein Obama will never have.

Cain hits a home run with this.
9eJWi4DIj50

Hawkeye2j
11-10-2011, 08:23 AM
At least Cain has the courage to address the statements directly.....courage...something Barack Hussein Obama will never have.

Cain hits a home run with this.
9eJWi4DIj50
Are you serious? Perry did it, no the liberals did it, no they are just looking for money, no the Romney camp did it, no I have to consult my attorneys
Courage my ASS!

BlackAsCoal
11-10-2011, 08:45 AM
The more the pizza guy goes after and attacks these women, the more obvious it becomes that this man could never be the president .. and doesn't have the intelligence required for the job.

No news there .. just more obvious.

Bad Sneakers
11-10-2011, 08:48 AM
The more the pizza guy goes after and attacks these women, the more obvious it becomes that this man could never be the president .. and doesn't have the intelligence required for the job.

No news there .. just more obvious.

He's kinda like Dan Quayle, only with a better tie and a condom endorsement...

edit- Trojans, so there's no pain after cain has lain with the plain...

BlackAsCoal
11-10-2011, 09:23 AM
He's kinda like Dan Quayle, only with a better tie and a condom endorsement...

edit- Trojans, so there's no pain after cain has lain with the plain...

:0)

Herman "Cornbread" Cain would make Dan Quayle look like Albert Einstein.

He does not have the intelligence nor aptitude required for the job. Given that I'm black .. I don't have to qualify that comment with "not because he's black."

He doesn't have a clue about foreign policy .. didn't even have the seriousness to educate himself on it when he decided to run for president.

Cain has never been a serious contender .. he's just there for the show.

Keyser Soze
11-10-2011, 09:35 AM
Agree...and he provides distraction and cover for the others. He is the male equivalent to Palin...no wonder Jihad loves him. He's bread and circus' bagger style.

BlackAsCoal
11-10-2011, 10:07 AM
Agree...and he provides distraction and cover for the others. He is the male equivalent to Palin...no wonder Jihad loves him. He's bread and circus' bagger style.

:lmao2:

Can I use that?

Keyser Soze
11-10-2011, 10:35 AM
You bet :0)

Hawkeye2j
11-10-2011, 10:38 AM
A Chicago radio host, Amy Jacobson, said Wednesday she saw Cain and Bialek talking together last month at a tea party event. The account by Jacobson, of AM 560 WIND radio, matched Bialek's description of the encounter, raising questions about Cain's insistence that he had no memory of meeting or knowing Bialek.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/09/politics/cain-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Moby
11-10-2011, 10:39 AM
What about the other settlements? Did those just go away?

Darmosiel
11-10-2011, 02:50 PM

WSGbM50Bhl8

Sephiri
11-10-2011, 04:24 PM
A Chicago radio host, Amy Jacobson, said Wednesday she saw Cain and Bialek talking together last month at a tea party event. The account by Jacobson, of AM 560 WIND radio, matched Bialek's description of the encounter, raising questions about Cain's insistence that he had no memory of meeting or knowing Bialek.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/09/politics/cain-allegations/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

That's right, apparently Bialek may be a bagger, or she just likes to hang out with them?
:lmao2:

so according to Dog's assertion that she is lying for a pay day...
then does it stand that baggers are lazy lying scumbags who just want a handout? Why doesn't this bagger get a job?

Hawk, you should have made this a thread!

cottonbroker1
11-10-2011, 08:14 PM
http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/user_photos/1236493/53c8468f62a21020d6f5be4a85b0d107_width_640x.jpg?71 d0ff77

Darmosiel
11-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Cain’s Lawyer Warns Other Accusers To ‘Think Twice’ Before Coming Forward Or They’ll Be Smeared Too

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2011/11/10/366144/cains-lawyer-warns-other-accusers-to-think-twice-before-coming-forward-or-theyll-be-smeared-too/

By Marie Diamond on Nov 10, 2011 at 5:10 pm

A story in today’s New York Times offers a disturbing look at the smear tactics and threats the Cain campaign is using to intimidate the four women accusing the candidate of sexual harassment, and any women that might come forward in the future:

L. Lin Wood, the lawyer hired by the Republican presidential candidate Herman Cain to fend off sexual harassment accusations, has warned that any other women who might be considering coming forward with similar allegations “should think twice.”

On Wednesday morning, less than 24 hours after Karen Kraushaar identified herself as one of two women who had received monetary settlements relating to harassment allegations against Mr. Cain while working for the National Restaurant Association in the late 1990s, Ms. Kraushaar faced questions about a workplace complaint she filed at a subsequent job… Hours later, Rush Limbaugh seized on that report to argue that Ms. Kraushaar has “a pattern of whining.” [...]

[S]he and the others confronted the challenges of taking on a presidential candidate: intensive scrutiny of their backgrounds and motives, encouraged and amplified in this case by conservative news outlets and commentators whose support for Mr. Cain as he battles the allegations has helped him weather the crisis so far.

Cain and his defenders aren’t bothering to conceal their intention to silence would-be accusers with bullying. The campaign has hired investigators to dig up dirt on the women. Many respected media outlets are becoming willing accomplices in the diversion of questioning the alleged victims rather than investigating Cain’s conduct.

tutonic
11-11-2011, 08:26 AM
Wow, why aren't women making false accusations about Obama, Biden, Peter Rouse, Bill Daley etc...

They could make even more money.

Oh that's right, it helps if the accusations are true.

Your candidate is a sexual predator. Keep sticking up for him. It's funny.

BlackAsCoal
11-11-2011, 09:38 AM
3uwo5coKxuE

:lmao2: :lmao2:

Brian_W
11-11-2011, 09:56 AM
This tired old victim character assassination won't work, stupid. The cat's outta the bag, the horse has left the barn, etc.

http://dcjunkies.com/customavatars/avatar798_74.gif.................................. ...http://feministing.com/files/2011/10/large_080207-mitt-romney.jpg

Better email Sludge and request he post some good Willard stuff, ASAP.......y'all losers are stuck with the dope!

It doesnt have to "work"

Cain has always been a dead-end candidate.

Brian_W
11-11-2011, 10:03 AM
3uwo5coKxuE

Because the tea party likes crazy more than they hate black people. And I'm crazier than a shithouse rat.

Pizza Pthursday.......

:thumbsup:

Darmosiel
11-11-2011, 11:02 AM
3uwo5coKxuE

:lmao2: :D

Brian_W
11-11-2011, 11:04 AM
:lmao2: :D

I want one of those hats. :D

Hawkeye2j
11-11-2011, 06:20 PM
Now Cain joking about Anita Hill

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/politics/2011/11/11/nr-herman-cain-anita-hill-joke.cnn

cottonbroker1
11-11-2011, 06:30 PM
Now Cain joking about Anita Hill

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_t2#/video/politics/2011/11/11/nr-herman-cain-anita-hill-joke.cnn

Congrats Hawk...you are amassing quite a collection of Boy Scout badges these days..!!...:lmao2: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTbsMIbrFE0KjZbjbcSDhXh0nD2X7Xj_ lvGpYSewxNmsNUjmR5gZQ

ksec
11-11-2011, 07:00 PM
Cain suggests accuser's finances are motive for allegation ...as he whored for corporate cash and conservative donations.

Hawkeye2j
11-11-2011, 11:56 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/s320x320/316737_266036380109292_100001087978480_748626_1314 319606_n.jpg

doctordog
11-12-2011, 03:37 AM
The whore from Chicago needs cash fast

Bad Sneakers
11-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Cain suggests accuser's finances are motive for allegation ...as he whored for corporate cash and conservative donations.

It seems to me, that he fully expected to be able to hide behind those confidentiality agreements. The tired old "it's ok if I pay today", he knew those women needed the money. I would suggest that was one of the biggest criteria for his "attraction" to them in first place, and indeed, probably defines his social life outside his marriage. Money trumps morality every time, and I just wonder how many more victims there are out there...

tutonic
11-12-2011, 11:48 AM
The whore from Chicago needs cash fast

^ This whore needs to post without thinking fast.